25 Oct, 03:31PM in sunny Singapore!

Vote now in a CNA poll on annuities!!

Subscribe to Vote now in a CNA poll on annuities!! 126 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    11,142 posts since Jul '05
    12,915 posts since Sep '06
    • 783 disagree with compulsory annuity, while 118 agrees.

Laughing

I haven't the slightest doubt that the government media will come up with overwhelming support for the compulsory annuity when reported on the news.

Laughing

• The govt will then say: "Our citizens do not understand the nature of this longevity scheme enough, an explanation will be neccesary when the time comes."

Deep below, they think: "These peasants do not understand the nature of this annuity scheme enough, an explanation will suffice when the time comes."

54,017 posts since Aug '05
    • For greater poll accuracy, please vote only once.
      As a vote has already been cast from your computer,
      subsequent votes will not be counted.

LOL

I haven't even been reading CNA, how the hell did I even vote for it. Like ODEX, the way they track stuffs is really dumb.

Anyway, when this poll ends, I expect some sort of explanation, with perhaps other goodies to entice Singaporeans to buy the annuities bull crap theory.

1,488 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by Rock^Star:

CNA. You got to be kidding.

Who is manning the server data?

scarly that kenna erased 'accicdentally' due to 'act of gawd'. how? how then u see the data ? get wat i mean? Rolling Eyes

CNA....u got be really pulling me legs! Laughing

• From this site click that link go into that site. Got any ‘linkage’ or not?

• Originally posted by reddressman:
      From this site click that link go into that site. Got any 'linkage' or not?

Boxed up in red.

Can see?

773 posts since Jul '03
    • well nice there is some poll going on,but well as if the govt will even take the results into consideration.

want to vote,then vote during election time,vote for the oppostion (if they are worthy),vote this kinda poll where got use.Want to vote must vote on something that really count,vote for more suitable people to get into govt and slowly change the political arena.But well as it is most people will be the 66.6% then complain after elections over....

1,488 posts since Jul '07
    • Once a person understands the sg situation , we should know how to react.

I have no time for the polls. I try not to waste time on things not meaningful to me. I try to spend time on more meaningful things like sleeping.

1,169 posts since Jul '07
    • Seems like the CPF annuity issue will not go away. Like everything that touches on one's money, $ense and $ensibilities get muddled up.
      Like I said before: what began as a genuine concern for those who may live beyond certain age but without financial means or support have been over politicised!
      For those with substantial CPF balances whether as cash or investments will not feel any pinch. But for those with little cash left when they retire, this meagre sum of money is not going to see them thru many years. For those who are so dead against, have they really worked out a financial plan for their retirement?
      All they get worked up are emotions, not hard realities. We can all argue until the cows get mutated to human fools, but if you were to live up to 80s and beyond, do you have the means to take care of your needs when you don't even earn a cent? Where is the income stream coming from?

• Originally posted by reddressman:
      Once a person understands the sg situation , we should know how to react.

I have no time for the polls. I try not to waste time on things not meaningful to me. I try to spend time on more meaningful things like sleeping.

Polls reflect the public's view of how things should work, it's not meant to be useless. Unless of course, it's tweaked to suit certain purposes.

• Originally posted by TheGoodEarth:
      Seems like the CPF annuity issue will not go away. Like everything that touches on one's money, $ense and $ensibilities get muddled up.
      Like I said before: what began as a genuine concern for those who may live beyond certain age but without financial means or support have been over politicised!
      For those with substantial CPF balances whether as cash or investments will not feel any pinch. But for those with little cash left when they retire, this meagre sum of money is not going to see them thru many years. For those who are so dead against, have they really worked out a financial plan for their retirement?
      All they get worked up are emotions, not hard realities. We can all argue until the cows get mutated to human fools, but if you were to live up to 80s and beyond, do you have the means to take care of your needs when you don't even earn a cent? Where is the income stream coming from?

Seems that you have wasted a lot of time in sgforum, learning zilch after all the stats that have transpired. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Amazing really but I'm sure you will continue to amaze the many of us, still. Cool

Edited by Rock^Star 28 Oct `07, 3:47PM
    • 12% (136) agree with GCT.

88% (1146) disagree with the idea of annuities in the very first place.

Seems that you have wasted a lot of time in sgforum, learning zilch after all the stats that have transpired. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Amazing really but I'm sure you will continue to amaze the many of us, still. Cool

Some are just persistent morons, they choose to blindly support the party despite statistics showing contrary results. Nobody can help them to think or be smart, it's hereditary.

Laughing

2,582 posts since Mar '05
      Seems like the CPF annuity issue will not go away. Like everything that touches on one's money, $ense and $ensibilities get muddled up.

Shout all you want. You ARE the minority. The statistics show that the majority of Singaporeans do not believe in the entire compulsory stuff.

It probably also shows that many Singaporeans are more investment-savvy/retirement-savvy than you, preferring to plan their retirement themselves.

Like I said, if you get yourself cheated by a China girl when you are a dirty old man, serves you right. You are only stupid to get yourself cheated.

4,929 posts since Jul '07
    • As usual, CNA screens comments sent to them. The gahmen may treat this like what they did to the opinions of the public with regard to the IR. After negative feedback, they will still go ahead with the compulsory buying of annuity.

38,721 posts since May '00
    • It's a sad story and a sad place.

In order to solve the problems, we could to find the ROOT of the PROBLEMS and 'SOLVE' IT.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    246,133 posts since Dec '99
    • there should be oni 1 choice in the answers

[X] i disagree with compulsory annuities in the first place.

1,900 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by maurizio13:
      783 disagree with compulsory annuity, while 118 agrees.

Laughing

I haven't the slightest doubt that the government media will come up with overwhelming support for the compulsory annuity when reported on the news.

Laughing

What is there to doubt that they will not, when every media on this land is under their Monopolistic & Authoritarian Control?

The day when they ever agrees to anything the public says, there will be World Peace...

2,582 posts since Mar '05
      783 disagree with compulsory annuity, while 118 agrees.

Laughing

Laughing

The latest stats is 1079 (89%) against versus 138 (11%) for compulsory annuities.

The latest stats show the rate of increase of the people against is much higher than the people for the policy.

I say TheGoodEarth should be a responsible person and learn how to manage his own life, than to sit there, suck his thumb, behave like a baby, and expect the govt to think of ways to take care of him (including preventing him from being cheated by China women when he is a dirty old man (hey, this was the example quoted by him previously in his support for the annuity) by restricting money that is rightfully his)

• By the way, TheGoodEarth reminds me of a few old people in my parents' block of flats.

The upgrading plan had 2 options,
      one was to upgrade the basics such as the lift and the toilets, and window grills.
      the other was to upgrade the basics + including a 2m by 3m room.

My dad obviously din like that stupid 2nd option coz it costs much more money, and they voted against.

His block's result was that > 70% voted against the 2nd option, and thus there is no 2m x 3m room.

Some old folks in their block complained and complained, went all the way to the MP and demanded for a revote, blah blah, urge the MP to void the vote, blah blah

TheGoodEarth is behaving like these old folks. The majority of the people are against it, but he choose to be delusional and imply that the majority are silly people who don't know the good of the annuity, blah blah.

1,169 posts since Jul '07

hahaha, the sanctimonous crap again - you have not wasted your time?
      When you asked people to pay, 101% will not agree. But if you give free, 1001 will cheong! This is your mentality and I am not surprised by your statistics.

Some are just persistent morons, they choose to blindly support the party despite statistics showing contrary results. Nobody can help them to think or be smart, it's hereditary.

Laughing

The greater moron is one who oppose just because he doesn't like so and so or certain political party. The santimonous crap surfaced here as well, the dear know all who quote statistics but can't answer debunk my statement: what began as a genuine concern for those who may live beyond certain age but without financial means or support have been over politicised!
      Tell us you have a solution, and sell it at the next GE!

When you asked people to pay, 101% will not agree. But if you give free, 1001 will cheong! This is your mentality and I am not surprised by your statistics.

You never fail to amaze me with your intelligence at interpolation of information and statistics.

Amazing comparison.

Comparing freebies with annuity.

You intelligence confounds me.

Laughing

Please Login or Signup to reply.