24 May, 06:22PM in sunny Singapore!

Chee Soon Juan calls on US to erect trade blocks against SG

Subscribe to Chee Soon Juan calls on US to erect trade blocks against SG 292 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Anyhowsay's Avatar
    39 posts since May '09
    • Chee Soon Juan to go on U.S. talk shows asking Obama to address human rights abuse in Singapore

      A week after MM Lee Kuan Yew was interviewed on the U.S. Talk Show – the Charlie Rose Show and was given a rare meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House, Singapore opposition leader Dr Chee Soon Juan will go on a series of radio shows in America.

      The interviews come on the eve of President Barack Obama’s visit to Singapore for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meeting from 12-14 Nov 09.

      Among the interviews will be one with Mr Ron Reagan on Air America and veteran talk show host Lionel Lipshitz on The Lionel Show.

      In an earlier interview with Talk Radio News Service Bureau Chief Ellen Ratner, Dr Chee spoke about the repressive laws put in place by the Singapore government to curtail the political rights of citizens such as the recent public order law passed which ban even peaceful solo protest.

      He also urged Mr Obama to take note of the human rights abuses in Singapore and call on America’s political and business leaders to stop collaboration with the Singapore government unless it improves on its human rights record.

      Last week, Singapore Law Minister Shanmugan spent 3 days trying to convince a skeptical American audience from the New York State Bar Association that Singapore is a country of law and that its situation is “unique”.

      Dr Chee’s personal testimony of the human rights abuses and political persecution he had suffered at the hands of the ruling party is likely to win him much sympathy from the American public and further damage the reputation of the Singapore government.

      Though the ruling party is able to maintain a tight grip over the local media, it has little or no influence over the American press.

      While President Obama is unlikely to heed Dr Chee’s call to exert pressure on the Singapore government to liberalize the political landscape, the negative publicity generated worldwide will nevertheless make the regime feel uncomfortable.

      Being a globalized city heavily dependent on trade, Singapore cannot afford to allow its international branding to be tarnished by charges of political repression.

      In stark contrast, Hong Kong, despite having only limited self-rule under Communist China, seldom encounter such negative publicity about its political system.

      Even China is becoming more conscious of its international image. Chinese President Hu Jintao recently gave a pledge to the western media that they would be allowed to report freely on events in China.

      In an increasingly inter-connected world where barriers between states are breaking down fast by the internet, the Singapore government is finding it harder to keep the facade of itself being a “democracy” for long.

      U.S. NGO Freedom House wrote in its 2009 report that Singapore is not an “electoral democracy which would have a detrimental impact on the impression the Americans have on Singapore.

      While Dr Chee was never a MP, his influence on Singapore politics will extend far beyond Singapore’s shores.

      The Singapore government should realize that its tried and tested methods of stifling political dissent through repressive measures will eventually backfire on them and damage their own credibility which no amount of PR exercise will reverse.

      From now onwards, it has to be especially vigilant to its actions which may give others free ammunitions to shoot at it.

      Singapore “exceptionalism” is no excuse for its oppression. The Singapore government may be able to deceive its own people, but not freedom-loving souls from the rest of the free world.

      http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11...-in-singapore/

  • Stevenson101's Avatar
    1,925 posts since Feb '03
    • I have no love of the man, but please don't distort what he said to mean something totally different.

  • the Bear's Avatar
    149,694 posts since Feb '01
    • trade blocks?

      on Singapore??

      that guy is not only a fucking idiot but a fucking piece of shit who is out to try and destroy his own country!

      if this shit is true, he's shown that he knows no distinction between the MIW and Singapore.. and right now his fight has spread from fighting the fucking MIW to fighting the Singapore people... who have rejected him time and again in the polls...

      so.. does that make him a fucking asshole who hates the people? the very people he professes to be "fighting for"

      i'd ask him to look up "democracy"

      or is he like the fucking "democratic socialist" states in the iron curtain?

      CSJ, FUCK YOU!!

  • Anyhowsay's Avatar
    39 posts since May '09
    • Classic case of delusional babble.

    • Stevenson101 so what distortion did i do?

      Stop collaboration means dont work with right?

      Unless human rights record improves means ultimatum right?

      Please tell me what he meant then when he said politcial and business leader stop collaboration with Singapore government?

  • AndrewPKYap's Avatar
    16,470 posts since Oct '06
    •  

       


      Good for Dr Chee Soon Juan, the more the world knows what the cursed despot with a zombie wife does to the opposition in Singapore to enable him to grab public money at will, enacting laws to enrich himself and his family with public money, the better.


       

  • Stevenson101's Avatar
    1,925 posts since Feb '03
    • Originally posted by Anyhowsay:

      Stevenson101 so what distortion did i do?

      Stop collaboration means dont work with right?

      Unless human rights record improves means ultimatum right?

      Please tell me what he meant then when he said politcial and business leader stop collaboration with Singapore government?


      It could mean a great deal of things, it doesn't automatically translate to erecting trade blocks against Singapore.

      You supplied a conclusion with no actual evidence that was what he meant.

       

    • Originally posted by AndrewPKYap:

       

       


      Good for Dr Chee Soon Juan, the more the world knows what the cursed despot with a zombie wife does to the opposition in Singapore to enable him to grab public money at will, enacting laws to enrich himself and his family with public money, the better.


       

      Gods, idiots from both sides.

      I swear you would actually prefer to see Singapore burn.

       

      Edited by Stevenson101 10 Nov `09, 11:49AM
  • Anyhowsay's Avatar
    39 posts since May '09
    • oh im so sorry my learned friend. Then maybe the title should be "Chee Soon Juan request that US consider stopping politcal economic collaboration with Singapore (i.e. ignore us)"

       

      ISNT THAT A BLOODY TRADE BLOCK?

  • fudgester's Avatar
    25,382 posts since Jan '04
    • Ah Chee, please apply Newton's 2nd Law against a brick wall. With your own head.

      You want trade sanctions and embargoes? Stop foreign direct investment inflow to Singapore? Yeah, sure..... that will just increase the price of basic foodstuffs and drive up unemployment for the common Ah Lim, Ahmad, and Muthusamy....

      So much for Tak Boleh Tahan, and so much for fighting for the common man.

      With this brilliant idea of his, it sounds like he's fighting against the common man.

  • sir_peanuts's Avatar
    1,233 posts since Nov '05
    • he already has a skewed idea of politics and freedom. in fact if he really achieve what he wants, i don't think he'll know what to do with it.

  • AndrewPKYap's Avatar
    16,470 posts since Oct '06



    • asslicking running dogs will always blame another for consequences of the cursed despot with a zombie wife's despicable acts...

       


      ...instead of struggling against the cursed despot for acts despicable, the running dogs cannot wait to rush and lick his asshole.


       


       


       

      Edited by AndrewPKYap 10 Nov `09, 12:51PM
  • ` ~ `
    Atobe's Avatar
    8,715 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Anyhowsay:

      Stevenson101 so what distortion did i do?

      Stop collaboration means dont work with right?

      Unless human rights record improves means ultimatum right?

      Please tell me what he meant then when he said politcial and business leader stop collaboration with Singapore government?


      It is remarkable that you will call yourself "Anyhowsay" and should live up to your nick.

      Is it any wonder that you should "any how say" what the Temasek Review had printed as its headline - given in your own reference site in your opening post of this thread http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11...-in-singapore/ - and replaced it with your own dishonest intepretation of your own skewed understanding with an intelligence that is as big as your dickhead ?

      ‘Chee Soon Juan to go on U.S. talk shows asking Obama to address human rights abuse in Singapore’ (*1) 

      He also urged Mr Obama to take note of the human rights abuses in Singapore and call on America’s political and business leaders to stop collaboration with the Singapore government unless it improves on its human rights record "

      How did your genius translate the call to "stop collaboration with the Singapore Government" amount to a "call to the US to erect Trade Blocks" ?

      It does not take too much imagination to understand the reaction of dickheads with similar intelligence of one who will "any how say" to also "any how think".

       

      Edited by Atobe 10 Nov `09, 12:53PM
  • xtreyier's Avatar
    1,576 posts since Jul '08
    • I weep when I read the news. Not for myself, but for my fellow citizens.

      For the millions who had endured the pain of the financial crisis, that is not of our doing but some selfish bizmen in US, and now to suffer the ignomity of having their country branded as a human rights abuser, not to mentioned the backlash by simple americans who know not better and the truth. Who is the govt but elected representatives of the people?

      I weep for our students studying overseas being subjected to abuses and snide remarks, as if our motherland is some african corrupt backwater dictatorship.

      I weep for our bizmen and entreprenuers who had been trying hard to get a foothold into the american economy, who will now face little or no support from the misguided american public, fed by a largely sensationalistic media to stoke up the flames, who cares not for rights, but their bottomline for revenue.

      All our nation's effort gone to waste. And for what? For that son of a bitch outlaw, who is never a representative of the people, let alone a constituency, for his outlaw ass. He complains of being victimised by the govt because he is an opposition political member.

      But does that means he is above the law, break laws that is across the board and meant for all equals? He was judged by our independant judiciary most made up of lawyers fromt the private sector.

      Had any other opposition political figure been victimised?

      What human rights had we citizens been denied?

      How had we been abused, or tortured, for our political beliefs, other than a greater need to put food on our tables for ourselves and espacially for our children, which is still within our own and collective efforts even in this crisis?

      I weep, real tears. Once the US media goes to town with the news, all our hardwork, sacrifice and efforts  would have gone to waste. By this selfish man, who was given a fair trial and found guilty.

      I weep, as if not enough that his supporters whitewashed brutual commie activities here in Singapore in the 60s, they continue to twist words, and whitewash that outlaw's shit thrown upon our faces and efforts.

      But the time will come when the weeping is over and action would be necessary. I had respect for Chiam as growing adult and his party, but it is now a mockery in the hands of the outlaw and his band with the whitewashing and doom inflicted upon us by their selfish desire to rule, .

  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Obama to MM: MM Lee, i heard from my advisor that there is sg guy named Chee Soon ...something... saying that you are oppressive.

       

      MM to Obama: Oh! Mr Obama, I beg your pardon, your advisor had got it all wrong, if I might correct it, he may referring to our famous Chee Cheong Fun and Soon Kueh dishes, if u like, I am honor to get it for you immediately. And certainly I do not oppress sg guy selling these signature dishes of Singapore, we can also open a trade on these food if you think it suit the American taste. Chef!!!

      Chef: Yes, Minister.

      MM: Get me a chee cheong fun and soon kueh for ah ma, and for me,  I will take ang ku kueh and obama burger. 

  • ` ~ `
    Atobe's Avatar
    8,715 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by angel7030:

      Obama to MM: MM Lee, i heard from my advisor that there is sg guy named Chee Soon ...something... saying that you are oppressive.

       

      MM to Obama: Oh! Mr Obama, I beg your pardon, your advisor had got it all wrong, if I might correct it, he may referring to our famous Chee Cheong Fun and Soon Kueh dishes, if u like, I am honor to get it for you immediately. And certainly I do not oppress sg guy selling these signature dishes of Singapore, we can also open a trade on these food if you think it suit the American taste. Chef!!!

      Chef: Yes, Minister.

      MM: Get me a chee cheong fun and soon kueh for ah ma, and for me,  I will take ang ku kueh and obama burger. 

       

      Right on cue, the Taiwanese "hum" will appear with its daily verbiage after a night walking the streets around its bar.

      Did you forget to include your "hum" in "chee cheong fun" or was it that your "hum" is not wanted with the "soon kuey" - since LHL did not even desire it with "mee siam" ?

       

       

       

       

       

  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by Atobe:

       

      Right on cue, the Taiwanese "hum" will appear with its daily verbiage after a night walking the streets around its bar.

      Did you forget to include your "hum" in "chee cheong fun" or was it that your "hum" is not wanted with the "soon kuey" - since LHL did not even desire it with "mee siam" ?

       

       

       

       

       


      everyday hum...not sian meh???

  • Herzog_Zwei's Avatar
    8,208 posts since Jul '06
    • Originally posted by AndrewPKYap:

       

       


      Good for Dr Chee Soon Juan, the more the world knows what the cursed despot with a zombie wife does to the opposition in Singapore to enable him to grab public money at will, enacting laws to enrich himself and his family with public money, the better.


       


      The more the world knows about CSJ, the more the world wants to kill him along with LKY.

  • kcockicht's Avatar
    2,023 posts since Sep '07
    • Ceebai chuan is too rich. too much money and time so can do such stuff. if the points he brings out covers the gaps that the ruling party cannot fill or missed in their administartion i am sure the gahmen and the netizens will take notice. but i am not interested if he cannot be the head of the ruling party of if someone police man stopped his sisters from having lunch at shangrila hotel.

  • novelltie's Avatar
    621 posts since Jul '08
    • please correct me if i'm wrong;

      CSJ is asking the USA to stop collaborating with Singapore in terms of trade unless the government improve on human rights record?

      so in layman, he is asking the US to "punish" us for what LKY has done to him? i'm looking in a very objective perspective... LKY and his issues are personal vendetta. LKY wants to destroy him and vice versa but now he is using the US to punish the citizens of Singapore instead? oh my, oh my...

      that is pure treason... i used to be quite neutral with him in the politics... i was thinking his existence could benefit us as it will check the power of the PAP but now, it seems he is more of a threat than an ally...

  • Stevenson101's Avatar
    1,925 posts since Feb '03
    • Originally posted by kcockicht:

      Ceebai chuan is too rich. too much money and time so can do such stuff. if the points he brings out covers the gaps that the ruling party cannot fill or missed in their administartion i am sure the gahmen and the netizens will take notice. but i am not interested if he cannot be the head of the ruling party of if someone police man stopped his sisters from having lunch at shangrila hotel.


      Actually it's the opposite, he practically has nothing left to lose.

  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by novelltie:

      please correct me if i'm wrong;

      CSJ is asking the USA to stop collaborating with Singapore in terms of trade unless the government improve on human rights record?

      so in layman, he is asking the US to "punish" us for what LKY has done to him? i'm looking in a very objective perspective... LKY and his issues are personal vendetta. LKY wants to destroy him and vice versa but now he is using the US to punish the citizens of Singapore instead? oh my, oh my...

      that is pure treason... i used to be quite neutral with him in the politics... i was thinking his existence could benefit us as it will check the power of the PAP but now, it seems he is more of a threat than an ally...

      That's why, I ordered Chee Cheong Fun

  • novelltie's Avatar
    621 posts since Jul '08
    • i'm not sure anyone in Singapore will really welcome him back as a "hero" if the USA really do install a trade embargo on us and affect our economy.

      i mean you want to be the head of government, do it your way with the PAP, i don't care. you want to call the government men dogs, ass lickers or any funny names, debate with them on policies or even pour kerosene on them and light them up, i don't really care... but don't use our livelihood as collateral or bargaining chip... we have a family to feed and if my company which has business in USA being dragged down and i have a pay cut, please don't expect me to thank CSJ... i will practically f**ked him upside down.

  • Herzog_Zwei's Avatar
    8,208 posts since Jul '06
    • Originally posted by AndrewPKYap:




      asslicking running dogs will always blame another for consequences of the cursed despot with a zombie wife's despicable acts...

       


      ...instead of struggling against the cursed despot for acts despicable, the running dogs cannot wait to rush and lick his asshole.


       


       


       


      Referring to yourself?

  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by novelltie:

      i'm not sure anyone in Singapore will really welcome him back as a "hero" if the USA really do install a trade embargo on us and affect our economy.

      i mean you want to be the head of government, do it your way with the PAP, i don't care. you want to call the government men dogs, ass lickers or any funny names, debate with them on policies or even pour kerosene on them and light them up, i don't really care... but don't use our livelihood as collateral or bargaining chip... we have a family to feed and if my company which has business in USA being dragged down and i have a pay cut, please don't expect me to thank CSJ... i will practically f**ked him upside down.


      Huh! i love MacDonald, wear Nike shoes, use apple compu and iphone, loves hollywood movies..please hor. My pub needs Jack Daniel and Tennessee whisky hor.

Please Login or Signup to reply.