21 Sep, 08:09PM in sunny Singapore!

What if Singapore and Australia merge as one country?

Subscribe to What if Singapore and Australia merge as one country? 312 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by Rambo Wong:

Why do you like to see the big caucs ?

as why do u like to see big caucs' blonde?

• Originally posted by likeyou:

Wont sink lah.

You can fly back to taiwan if Spore sink.

swim back maybe, most of singaporeans ancestor sail or swim here, not fly hor. Those flying out maybe only reserve for the elites, the rest poor ones can either swim or drown in Singapore River together with the Merlion.

258 posts since Jul '10
    725 posts since Oct '10
    • Originally posted by Demon Bane:

If merged with Aussie, our banks will give high Fixed Deposit interests, possibly as high as 5% p.a. icon_lol.gif

its 6.1%/annum fixed deposit at westpac.with 5.8% %/year if u want to have interest $$$$ credited into yer atm card every month.

its also 7.25%/annum at other banks for fixed deposits with $5k minimum.

last checked it was yesterday at shopping centres in oz.

Edited by Hitman 778 23 Dec `10, 4:16PM
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • If SG and Aussie merge, we will have high paying NS regulars. Then NS will not be compulsory anymore! Hahaha! icon_smile.gif

9,394 posts since Sep '06
    • Originally posted by angel7030:

swim back maybe, most of singaporeans ancestor sail or swim here, not fly hor. Those flying out maybe only reserve for the elites, the rest poor ones can either swim or drown in Singapore River together with the Merlion.

Take budget airline lah.

725 posts since Oct '10
    3,228 posts since Dec '10
    • We shall have kangaroo and koala as pets!! Hahaha! icon_lol.gif

Edited by Demon Bane 19 Jan `11, 11:23AM
    • We shall be using the same AUD currency! Or perhaps SGD will become equal to AUD! Many people will be happy ! A sudden increase in wealth !

38,115 posts since Jun '05
    • Singapore and Australia.... to be come

1) Singatralia...

2) Singaustralia

3) Austsinga

4) Austragapore

5) Austrapore...

3,369 posts since Dec '10
    • Originally posted by Hugh Hefner:

You are allowed to complain as you wish but I only say it because you suggested Singapore to merge with Malaysia is better than merging with Oz.

You do not know the half of the story in Malaysia. Sure thing, Malaysia is better than Afganistan but there are a lot of discriminations there. You do not know the Malaysian working environment. Perhaps there are a some places like well run MNC in Malaysia that is well run but the majority of the companies there run like shit.

I have worked in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia and from this I can tell you people in Malaysia working ethic is the worst, they don't teamwork, egoistical like hell, don't want to share information - make you struggle, very racially orientated, lazy, play tai chi, sabotage, backstabbing, blame people, etc, etc. Sure thing, Singapore also got this kind of culture but on a scale of 10, Singapore is 5 while Malaysia is 9.

Do business in construction also difficult. Somebody claim to tell me that there is a lot of corruption, no open tender, pair with majority to get main job but majority person shareholder do nothing but sit down on his ass while you do all the dirty work. Majority people get the main con job and then they sub out to the chinese for cheaper price and chinese end up have to cough out cheaper materials to build schools and stadiums that collapse within 6 months.

The majority race, they bully the minority people (pass all the dirty work to them). Some chinese there also gang up with the majority race because they don't want to be left out of the big cake (their morsel portion). The majority have special privaledges to take up contractor licences (transport gas, taxi business, hospital cleaning services, toilet cleaning services, selling car marques, supply building services, guaranteed construction building contracts) and also can buy cheap accres of land use of farming (but some with connections are able to turn them into commercial land and made bundles of money). So if you as a chinese after merger, what do you get? You get bullied to work for the majority. Occupation, man. Last time you were ruled by the British, now you are ruled by....the Majority.

I also know of one Majority race guy, he is just a mere government contractor but he has three wives, three bungalows, 5 mercedes, 2 BMW, 2 toyotas and 3 hondas. I know of another chinese contractor of the same business only drives a Peogeot, one semi-d, one wife and 30% of his profits goes to his Majority business partner (he has to have a "majority" race business partner to qualify to obtain certain contracts that exceed MYR200,000 from government or semi government companies.

Yes I know Oz is giving you a lot of problems, Hitman, hang on there. But if you think that Malaysia is a better place, I think you will complain more than 1 page. Oz you complain 1 page, Malaysia you can write a book.

Haha yeah. My uncle runs a construction business and he is chinese. His namecard says Abdullah.

Don't forget education. Many Chinese kids take tuition every day so they can enter university and not some lousy technical college. Some other people can go uni, fail chemical engineering and sign up for medical school.

My uncle has 7 children and all qualified for university. None had tuition. They are like "walking middle fingers" haha.

Please Login or Signup to reply.