21 Nov, 08:58AM in sunny Singapore!

SDP proposes alternative NS policy

Subscribe to SDP proposes alternative NS policy 38 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
  • deathmaster's Avatar
    1,829 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by C751A 70049/70050:

      What is allowing singaporeans to bring home more than 4/5 of their pay?

      Also, if lower the cost of car ownership, then Singapore will be flood by cars and not the foreginers. (The number of cars in SG by then will be more than the number of foreginers in SG)

      this is not true.

      i only say lower cost of ownership, but never say about removing vehicle growth limit.

      look at the COE system. 1 concept, different ways of application.

      in Singapore, we "believe" in free market principles, and thus, we bid for COE, escalating COEs to higher and higher levels.

      In Beijing, the COE they implement is that only 20,000 COEs will be given at random, thus preventing explosive growth in no. of cars, yet at the same time keep prices low.

      and singaporeans are currently bringing home only 4/5 of their pay, since 20% goes into CPF, which is essentially untouchable.

  • single_alone's Avatar
    469 posts since Nov '10
    • Originally posted by angel7030:

      after marrying you, become double_alone..i hate to be alone...so boring


      after marry me will become happy_together_forever

  • deathmaster's Avatar
    1,829 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by angel7030:

      oh, yr anthem is in Malay language..hmmm...still a malay state hor?

      Car ownership, if lower the cost, may jam up our road, which i hate in jam. I am not saying car price or COE should be so high, but instead, allow only one car per family, rich family can have 4 to 5 cars, just like my neighbour, mother also have, sons also have, daughter also have, park until my front gate,...damn...complained so many time also no use, then one day, i go over and settle it.

      go get married into that family, and you can get to share the mother-in-law's car, brother-in-laws' cars, husband's car, sister-in-laws car. so many cars.

  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • I am not against COE, but it is irrational to have COE higher than a car price?? Its ridiculous, with so many scholars up in the silver lining palace, cannot imagine that they allow this to happen, can't they come out with a better way that serve the citizen well, equally and more fairly. COE is now both taken as a car population controller and a money making policy which end up a layman with a family in need of a car cannot afford it and whereas a single well to do income lady like me can buy and sell big car (most of the time driving alone) like no tomorrow.

      When i go for weekend shopping at Parkway parade, i see family of 4 or 5 stranded at road side during raining day, and there was hardly any taxi on sight, all hired, i stop and pick them up.

  • Whimsy's Avatar
    189 posts since Dec '10
    • I would think that NS is a form of compulsory physical exercise to strength personal health, personal social well beings through mental development during physical training and cordial gathering and interaction sort of like in this forum, as well as justification for spending of budget.  If there is no defense means no people manning, and which companies can / would like to accomodate and support all these people. Their parents and family also relied on their income. Indeed, present defence policy and management should be revisited as people in the world are more well educated, like-minded, no desire for conflict like wars but in a more social context of peace and harmony. Most diplomats and leaders of the world are not so stubborn as to stimulate war amongst countries because no one stand to gain, conversely, their immediate families, relatives and friends in other part of the world would suffer become of their wrong decision. What I think is that defence budget to cut on spending of armoury like acquiring of more missiles etc, and less flight training of flighter airplanes and warship to save on fuel and also these serviceman can enjoy more time with their families - touring etc. And the saving of the defence budget could be used to increase the monthly salary of the NSmen in a form of variable components, and also to increase other low pay structure servicemen / women such as logistic etc. High ranking officers between countries can organised periodic interaction through social game like golfing etc so as to foster cordial relationship while enjoying themselves amd work on improvement of social well being through this game.

      The physical exercise and training should be moderated and less strenuous but consistence on the physical and mental well beings, and look into improvement and changes for a more socially acceptable norms of health and safety standard along the way etc etc etc. Just opinion, and may well wishes always materialised for the well beings of all.

    • Originally posted by angel7030:

      I am not against COE, but it is irrational to have COE higher than a car price?? Its ridiculous, with so many scholars up in the silver lining palace, cannot imagine that they allow this to happen, can't they come out with a better way that serve the citizen well, equally and more fairly. COE is now both taken as a car population controller and a money making policy which end up a layman with a family in need of a car cannot afford it and whereas a single well to do income lady like me can buy and sell big car (most of the time driving alone) like no tomorrow.

      When i go for weekend shopping at Parkway parade, i see family of 4 or 5 stranded at road side during raining day, and there was hardly any taxi on sight, all hired, i stop and pick them up.

      Wah!! Fairy tale arr! this kind of girl is nearing extinction liao! So lovely and got car some more, but pretty or not!! post contact pls, and is there any COE restriction? embarrassed.png

  • reyes's Avatar
    3,473 posts since Feb '04
    • even though i am not a supporter of the PAP but neither do i support SDP doctrine regarding NS.

      NS system is flaws but however major revamp is not require. afterall we are small nation, maintaing respectable reserve unit is require.

      2years FT in my opinion is enough. however one need to fine tune the reservist period. if you reqire ppl to serve 10 cycles or 40 which ever come first, first they had to look into IPPT standard, how can a reservist man who serve 2 -4 weeks a year have the same IPPT standard than the regular??

      no wonder RT lesson are hard to book. always fully book!!

      i am coming towards my 40s and still serving the nation. i enjoy my time with my buddy and share the laughter with the men. but the IPPT, compensation, distinguishment btwn PR and citizens has to be made widen to show appreciation of our service!!

       

  • SGVoice's Avatar
    37 posts since Jan '11
  • Chicky ant's Avatar
    12 posts since Nov '09
    • NS? goverment already say spore are a global city not a country what is there to protect? wake up folks! earning money in the bank is important as we need to keep up the standard from PR and FT.

      Reservist? MC lar ..what is the point of reporting and NS find way to downgrade better exempted otherwise u lose out golden 2 years time and PR and others will gain u lose.

      Time to be smart, my fellow countrymate.

       

  • angel7030's Avatar
    30,628 posts since Jul '07
    • Originally posted by deathmaster:

      go get married into that family, and you can get to share the mother-in-law's car, brother-in-laws' cars, husband's car, sister-in-laws car. so many cars.


      and the peep and stare from my father in laws

    • Originally posted by Whimsy:

      Wah!! Fairy tale arr! this kind of girl is nearing extinction liao! So lovely and got car some more, but pretty or not!! post contact pls, and is there any COE restriction? embarrassed.png


      ya, u still dream of rapuzel rapuzel, let down yr hair hor...dun think all xiao mei mei are irrational and money carving gals hor, there are many good gal out there, just that their bf teach them the bad things, so become irrational in life

    • Originally posted by reyes:

      even though i am not a supporter of the PAP but neither do i support SDP doctrine regarding NS.

      NS system is flaws but however major revamp is not require. afterall we are small nation, maintaing respectable reserve unit is require.

      2years FT in my opinion is enough. however one need to fine tune the reservist period. if you reqire ppl to serve 10 cycles or 40 which ever come first, first they had to look into IPPT standard, how can a reservist man who serve 2 -4 weeks a year have the same IPPT standard than the regular??

      no wonder RT lesson are hard to book. always fully book!!

      i am coming towards my 40s and still serving the nation. i enjoy my time with my buddy and share the laughter with the men. but the IPPT, compensation, distinguishment btwn PR and citizens has to be made widen to show appreciation of our service!!

       


      Not to worry my Fuhrer,

      We the nazi gals will alway go for those who had serve NS, cos we find them more well groomed, mature and got good leader ship, even their physical are better than those who do not do NS, cos most of bf who did NS, exercise regularly. I think that is all i can find good in our Male doing NS, it taught them endurance, tolerance and better thinkers

Please Login or Signup to reply.