26 Apr, 04:17AM in sunny Singapore!

Mr Lui Tuck Yew to stand down as Transport Minister

Subscribe to Mr Lui Tuck Yew to stand down as Transport Minister 18 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    4,787 posts since May '11
    • ...problems like public transport alone.   &ldquo...to the Ministry of Transport and me.&rdquo...these issues, the ministry has embarked on...improving the public transport system. Public expectations...time improve our transport system significantly.  ...

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,965 posts since Dec '99
    • now the other MPs must be relli scared

keep praying they dun kena take over as MoT

5,614 posts since Nov '11
    • Don't know any possibility to solve the prob of breaking down.    

If anyone has read the email from ex mrt staff about sounding out the mrt staff in charge about rectification of the problem there and then to avoid future breakdown.  Staff in charge know of problem but don't care.   

Such irresponsibility and no accountability are what we commuters who keep paying constant in transport fare get.   The who mrt company need to be revamp.  Get the culprits out and penalise them heavily.

• Lui tuck yew leaving, good riddance.   

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    8,469 posts since Apr '05
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

he's not bad

he's just suay

anyone put in tt position is just suay

Actually I am inclined to beg to differ. I would say he played his cards well.

To be fair, he wasn't a lazy slouch, and yes, he "suay" to kena this portfolio.

BUT

How many who had served as MOT can have claimed to:

1. Over-turn a long-standing policy of SG govt in not subsidising public transport (in terms of paying for bus and bus driver). 

2. Over-see a radical change in bus industry structure to contracting model.

3. Do so many upgrades to the existing NSEWL all at once and in haste following the major train disruptions.

These are the 3 off the top of my head and I imagine these are like shining medals on his CV. Not to mention, the transport industry has always been, and will always be a major mover of the economy, and people also forget MOT deals with AIR, LAND, SEA.

In short, the MOT portfolio is more zai than what most people perceive it to be. That perception won't be the case for the industries. They will be ready to pounce on him.

If I were him, I would have demonstrated to others (using CV) what I am capable of. I would sell myself after serving 2 terms (no mean feat ok!) for the people, and I would call it quits, while I can do so gracefully.

And then I head to private sector for a not-so-xiong life (compared to MOT). Really, I dont know why people say chenghu life is keow kar. 

Lui Tuck Yew is suay? It really depends on how you use the "suayness" and make it work you eventually.

He decided time's up and left, and I would say fair winds and following seas to him.

Edited by SBS2601D 11 Aug `15, 11:29PM
    • Oh yes,  he raised transport fares more times than raymond lim.

Keep raising transport fare is not bad.      ? ? ?

Who has read the email from ex mrt staff about the fault of mrt was found out long time ago ,  staff in charge refused to do anything to avoid future fault. ? ?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    15 posts since Jul '15
    31,783 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by charlize:

Who is the next one? icon_cry.gif

You , you the next one.  You the next one you no need do report.

Have you taken your medicine?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • i think he's getting good sleep these days knowing his nitemare is ending real soon

some other ppl are having the otherwise, knowing they might be put in his seat real soon

6 posts since Oct '15
Please Login or Signup to reply.