18 Nov, 08:59AM in sunny Singapore!

Changi Fighter runway

Subscribe to Changi Fighter runway 29 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    69 posts since Nov '02

• Can see from this satellite photo of the new runway together with changi naval base and paya lebar airbase.

I can also make out the PDS loop over at Changi East Airbase.

BTW, why do we need another airbase? Because the space happens to be available? I don't see any PDS at all. It's all underground? Or are we building another 'Pearl Harbour'?

I wonder how effective this runway will be (for fighters) taking into consideration that Changi Airport is such a busy place? How many takeoff slots will be available for the RSAF to use and do they have any control over these slots at all?

I think that's the reason why Changi East is for the transports. Do we have that many to warrant another runway???

JDW mentioned it's more for the USN rather than SAF.

779 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by buzz:
      JDW mentioned it's more for the USN rather than SAF.

i think so too since the hardened shelters are at the present changi airbase. the new runway is more for the us carrier to disembark their aircraft when its in port.

69 posts since Nov '02
    • If there is some truth to this, I sure hope Singapore is getting something back in return.

Like maybe a whole regiment of M1A1 or something....

I don't know how much it cost to build that facility but it's not cheap! Divide that amount by ~2 million working citizens......we should be getting double the SRS shares at least!

779 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by buzz:
      If there is some truth to this, I sure hope Singapore is getting something back in return.

Like maybe a whole regiment of M1A1 or something....

I don't know how much it cost to build that facility but it's not cheap! Divide that amount by ~2 million working citizens......we should be getting double the SRS shares at least!

u cannot buy US engagement in the region. besides, they already have a sizeable presence in s'pore

Please Login or Signup to reply.