20 Nov, 09:44PM in sunny Singapore!

Open Mob 2003: Turn OUT !

Subscribe to Open Mob 2003: Turn OUT ! 36 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    115 posts since Aug '02
    • Originally posted by Shotgun:
      No, still waiting for Mindef to finally enlist me. Those bastards like don't want me liddat. I call them up 5-6 times liao, went down cmpb 4 times... tell them to enlist me faster... they still take their own sweet time. Those people at enlistment office, are they working or not? *@!*(@!

Anycase, that was a very impressive "show of force," to the Malaysian government. If they still don't get the message, next thing we'll do is have a massive air, land n sea exercise to really print out "WE MEAN BUSINESS" to them. Unfortunately, we may not have enough space for that. We'll probably start flying and shipping our overseas based equipment and personnel back to Singapore, just to strengthen our defensive deterrence posture. I believe this open mobilisation was planned after the infamous statement, "If Singapore does not wish to compromise, then go to war." Instead of replying to them directly like, "we are ready to go to war..." and causing possible public uproar, and regional panic for no reason other than the childish antic of one neighbour. The government wisely chose this solution to indirectly reply, "we are ready for it, anytime you want..." Looks like, the military is really a tool of the state after all.

Oh ya, Armor infantry don't always get to ride around in the bionix or any other IFV. More than often, they run behind it or alongside it. Lucky? No... hot exhaust from a fighting vehicle can be annoying.

What we need right now is live firing of Python-4 and Amaraam by the airforce, live firing of torpedos, baraks and harpoons by the navy and full scale live firing exercises by the army using artillary, tanks and troops. Oh yes not to forget a guard exercise similar to that of UK's rapid deployment force...

654 posts since Feb '01
    • Originally posted by Moonstriker:

Originally posted by ETboy:
      [b]wad are those soilders with jungle hat onli ah ?? same infantary ?? but y no helmat??

looks like rangers to me..... [/b]infantry scouts...... their helmets are strapped on their fulllpacks.

99 posts since Jan '03
    • Originally posted by Gun:
      [b]Siong siong siong !
      (Warning, large image file)
      image[/b]

look like the soldiers in front are reservist,The AI. the one behind mostly are the regular and NSF.

those behind the bionix are the NSF drivers and vehicle commander. Mr. Green

Edited by Pressure-Forward 28 Jan `03, 12:11AM
    • more large picture,armour for inspection Neutral

7,238 posts since Jul '00
    • Originally posted by Silenthunter:

Well, my buddies in AI beg to differ.

They cursing n swearing abt being in AI only. They don't run all the time i guess, but there are times they have to run alongside or behind the vehicles rather than inside them.

105 posts since Dec '02
    • Originally posted by Shotgun:
      Well, my buddies in AI beg to differ.

They cursing n swearing abt being in AI only. They don't run all the time i guess, but there are times they have to run alongside or behind the vehicles rather than inside them.

I like being AI. I really can't imagine myself as anything else. I'm thankful I don't have to walk (too much), carry too much but still have the battlefield skills of an infantryman.

I can't think of being a tankee and not knowing how to defend myself in every situation. Tankees are worse than useless w/o their tank, AI are not. (sorry tankees)

Edited by 21Alpha 28 Jan `03, 8:48AM
    779 posts since Oct '02
    • Originally posted by Matlaysia:
      What we need right now is live firing of Python-4 and Amaraam by the airforce, live firing of torpedos, baraks and harpoons by the navy and full scale live firing exercises by the army using artillary, tanks and troops. Oh yes not to forget a guard exercise similar to that of UK's rapid deployment force...

if hostilies still continue dun be surprise to see pythons on F-16s at airforce open house. maybe centurions will be more easily seen in s'pore.

1,065 posts since Aug '02
    20,186 posts since Jan '03
Please Login or Signup to reply.