29 Jul, 10:34AM in sunny Singapore!

Best Place to take IPPT?

Subscribe to Best Place to take IPPT? 18 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3,050 posts since Feb '04
    • WHere is the best place to take ippt test and PASS ONLY.

i don't need money, i don't want to go for RT, that's all

thanks

38,873 posts since Dec '02
    12,797 posts since May '03
    75 posts since Mar '04
    • During ICT is the best, trainer will close 1 eye one.

If you and the trainer are very Ar-Ka-Liao, close 2 eyes also can. Wink Laughing

897 posts since Jun '04
    • Originally posted by Slywong:
      During ICT is the best, trainer will close 1 eye one.

If you and the trainer are very Ar-Ka-Liao, close 2 eyes also can. Wink Laughing

will get a lot of people in trouble.

• Originally posted by Slywong:
      During ICT is the best, trainer will close 1 eye one.

how about 2.4km? can cheat also?

856 posts since Jun '04
    • Take during ICT is the best. You get a lot of encouragement from your buddies. i think standards more lax also :-)

12,797 posts since May '03
    • Originally posted by The Hobbit:
      how about 2.4km? can cheat also?

Not really cheat. Just that you have a chance to run on the camp route as opposed to 6 rounds around stadium track, since not every ICT camp has stadium facilities.

Most people who run the route will tell you it is shorter. Probably it is just psychological.

• Originally posted by tspg:
      Take during ICT is the best. You get a lot of encouragement from your buddies. i think standards more lax also :-)

2.4km also relax? i heard they had a stopwatch..

616 posts since May '04
    • The refereeing standards used to vary in the past, then got fairly serious once monetary rewards come into the picture. It used to be that the 2.4km was the be-all, but nowadays you can't chin-chye with the chinups & such stations anymore. Outside PTIs, rather than unit officers, conduct the tests during ICTs too.

I agree that, on the whole, taking them during ICTs is the best means; the morale tends to be very beneficial, esp. for borderline passers. As far as I know, it's often the only means as well; as my RSM used to loudly emphasize, only ICT IPPTs are officially recognized & everything else in the same workyear "don't count!"

Edited by Moxie 04 Jul `04, 3:20AM
    • Originally posted by Moxie:
      The refereeing standards used to vary in the past, then got fairly serious once monetary rewards come into the picture. It used to be that the 2.4km was the be-all, but nowadays you can't chin-chye with the chinups & such stations anymore. Outside PTIs, rather than unit officers, conduct the tests during ICTs too.

I agree that, on the whole, taking them during ICTs is the best means; the morale tends to be very beneficial, esp. for borderline passers. As far as I know, it's often the only means as well; as my RSM used to loudly emphasize, only ICT IPPTs are officially recognized & everything else in the same workyear "don't count!"

thanks

616 posts since May '04
    • Well, if it helps I did the majority of my ICTs at Khabib, & I've seen the evening IPPTs & RTs there being conducted over different formats through the years (inc. the electronic-tag thing). The chinups & other stations were always held in the auditorium, while they've alternatively used the stadium track & the camp perimeter for the 2.4.

I suppose it's down on whether you like circuit runs (6 times around the stadium track) better than a straigher route (with its accompanying "slopes" & all for momentum purposes). Prior familiarity with the latter course - eg. if you've been posted there or have done your RT there - can also be psychologically beneficial, in the sense that you won't be tackling the 2.4 "blind". In fact, I believe that's partly why they readjusted the RT programme sometime in the mid-90s, that instead of getting the individual attendees to just do run repeatedly round the track, they had the PTIs leading fairly big groups around the perimeter instead. I dunno if they've reverted back since ...

Well, if it helps I did the majority of my ICTs at Khabib, & I've seen the evening IPPTs & RTs there being conducted over different formats through the years (inc. the electronic-tag thing). The chinups & other stations were always held in the auditorium, while they've alternatively used the stadium track & the camp perimeter for the 2.4.

I suppose it's down on whether you like circuit runs (6 times around the stadium track) better than a straigher route (with its accompanying "slopes" & all for momentum purposes). Prior familiarity with the latter course - eg. if you've been posted there or have done your RT there - can also be psychologically beneficial, in the sense that you won't be tackling the 2.4 "blind". In fact, I believe that's partly why they readjusted the RT programme sometime in the mid-90s, that instead of getting the individual attendees to just do run repeatedly round the track, they had the PTIs leading fairly big groups around the perimeter instead. I dunno if they've reverted back since ...

how may 2.4 they need to run for the rt? 4 rounds?

243 posts since Apr '04
    • Every year, I took my IPPT at Maju Camp ... prefer those kind of routes: 3 rounds surrounding the camp blocks.

Took one IPPT during ICT at Sungei Gedong .. wow piang, ATC conduct the IPPT at 3pm ... KNN damm hot when running the 2.4km at 3.30pm, and you know the track is beside the armour vehicles' track, whenever got vehicles past by, all the dust flew into the track .... from that time onwards ... I swear I will not take IPPT during ICT anymore ...

616 posts since May '04
    • how may 2.4 they need to run for the rt? 4 rounds?

I dunno; never kena RT before myself. My guess is to expect to cover up to 5-6 km in each session, except instead of, say, half a hour they stretched it out to 90 minutes or more. I don't sense the runs to be very fatigueing, though; what I saw, up to '01, was either:

(a) endless - unsupervised? - circuit runs around the stadium track, pretty meandering stuff broken only be occasional whistling from a "master" PTI which called for everyone to sprint across the field & back;

(b) PTI-led "orientation" runs around the camp, whence the BMT-style tricks are employed: en masse speed up/slow down, touching each other's backs to close gaps, having the back-marker sprint to the front, etc.

The thing is, everyone's very progressively structured & constantly finetuned now. The horror stories of log PTs & running with fullpacks or medicine balls had already ended when I was doing my ICTs, & the latest revision even cut the RT program down from 12 weeks to 8, with currently 4 weeks/twice-weekly of physical conditioning (to build up basic fitness) & another 4 weeks/thrice-weekly of physical "toughening" (more intensive exercises). I even saw many SAFRA-type gym equipment & treadmills in the Khatib auditorium!

The main negative of all these is, I heard, they now utilized the full exercise period - which means you won't be released until past 9 pm on weekdays. Khatib's back door (to Khatib MRT) closes after 8 &, I heard also, outofbounds to RT participants nowadays, which means a long wait along Sembawang Road for Bus 171 to Yishun Central if you don't drive.

[b]how may 2.4 they need to run for the rt? 4 rounds?

I dunno; never kena RT before myself. My guess is to expect to cover up to 5-6 km in each session, except instead of, say, half a hour they stretched it out to 90 minutes or more. I don't sense the runs to be very fatigueing, though; what I saw, up to '01, was either:

(a) endless - unsupervised? - circuit runs around the stadium track, pretty meandering stuff broken only be occasional whistling from a "master" PTI which called for everyone to sprint across the field & back;

(b) PTI-led "orientation" runs around the camp, whence the BMT-style tricks are employed: en masse speed up/slow down, touching each other's backs to close gaps, having the back-marker sprint to the front, etc.

The thing is, everyone's very progressively structured & constantly finetuned now. The horror stories of log PTs & running with fullpacks or medicine balls had already ended when I was doing my ICTs, & the latest revision even cut the RT program down from 12 weeks to 8, with currently 4 weeks/twice-weekly of physical conditioning (to build up basic fitness) & another 4 weeks/thrice-weekly of physical "toughening" (more intensive exercises). I even saw many SAFRA-type gym equipment & treadmills in the Khatib auditorium!

The main negative of all these is, I heard, they now utilized the full exercise period - which means you won't be released until past 9 pm on weekdays. Khatib's back door (to Khatib MRT) closes after 8 &, I heard also, outofbounds to RT participants nowadays, which means a long wait along Sembawang Road for Bus 171 to Yishun Central if you don't drive. [/b]

thanks alot

856 posts since Jun '04
    • Last time i heard they conduct at safra gym? Maybe its easier for you to pass there.

• Originally posted by tspg:
      Last time i heard they conduct at safra gym? Maybe its easier for you to pass there.

yes they do but are the standards the same?

Please Login or Signup to reply.