20 Sep, 09:46PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

Switching course in poly

Subscribe to Switching course in poly 17 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    992 posts since Apr '04
    • i am accounting and finance student in tp, first yr sem 2
      i am thinking of switching to bio medical in tp, for the ns deferment, can i apply for another year ? Or do i have to go for ns first ?

• can anybody help me to clarify this ? Sad

4,282 posts since Apr '04
    3,936 posts since Sep '03
    • u another siao fellow…from biz change to lifescience…i from lifescience changed to biz…lol

38,721 posts since May '00
    2,300 posts since Nov '04
    • Originally posted by _Aaron_:
      You'll be able to defer... don't worry.

But you sure you want to waste a year? ~~

If he is sure what he wants, he will waste a year only.
      If he switch after his current course ends, he will waste at least 3 years.

992 posts since Apr '04
    • Originally posted by bladez87:
      u another siao fellow...from biz change to lifescience...i from lifescience changed to biz...lol

hehe, biz is gd but i miss my science Mr. Green

• Originally posted by _Aaron_:
      You'll be able to defer... don't worry.

But you sure you want to waste a year? ~~

that is still under consideration, Wink

• Originally posted by SnowFlag:
      If he is sure what he wants, he will waste a year only.
      If he switch after his current course ends, he will waste at least 3 years.

let hope that my decision is right Wink

12,791 posts since Mar '03
    • Originally posted by BeEtHoVeN:
      let hope that my decision is right Wink

in any case, it's not easy to change course again once u successfully change to biomed...if u can change to biomed..

25,349 posts since Mar '04
    • i feel like chgin from my dip in financial services to another finance dip.. call me crazy.. i’m in my 3rd year

• Originally posted by shinta:
      i feel like chgin from my dip in financial services to another finance dip.. call me crazy.. i'm in my 3rd year

For your case, since u r in your final year, why not finish ur current course 1st.

992 posts since Apr '04
    • Originally posted by bismarck:
      in any case, it's not easy to change course again once u successfully change to biomed...if u can change to biomed..

yup, my problem for now is to get into bio med Sad

25,349 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SnowFlag:
      For your case, since u r in your final year, why not finish ur current course 1st.

no drive.. no motivation

been contemplating this for a long time... esp since i've been failin again n again n again... so.. dun wanna waste time n money liao Laughing

i'm totally not interested in my course! if i knew that they are goin to chg, i would have entered a private institution or sth

157 posts since Nov '04
    • Hi, I was a graduate from TP studying acct and finance. Dun know whether is there any much changes in the syllabus but I know the course is very very dry. My current job is off acct and finance for sure.
      As for your question as to whether can you defer, yes, confirm can cos I have classmates changing course. As for the chances of getting to lifescience in TP, its better for you to talk to the course coordinator or your lecture for more advice and see if they can help you in one way or another. Do not give up on your current course unless you have secured a place in the new course.

992 posts since Apr '04
    • Originally posted by ptw:
      Hi, I was a graduate from TP studying acct and finance. Dun know whether is there any much changes in the syllabus but I know the course is very very dry. My current job is off acct and finance for sure.
      As for your question as to whether can you defer, yes, confirm can cos I have classmates changing course. As for the chances of getting to lifescience in TP, its better for you to talk to the course coordinator or your lecture for more advice and see if they can help you in one way or another. Do not give up on your current course unless you have secured a place in the new course.

i won't say the course's syllabus is dry, but it is not my cup of tea Razz
      not going to give up on my current course until i secure the place in bio med Mr. Green thanks for your advise Wink

Please Login or Signup to reply.