23 Oct, 07:29PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

HDB noise pollution from neighbours

Subscribe to HDB noise pollution from neighbours 24 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    19 posts since Dec '03
    • I am so fed up with the people living upstairs in my block.
      Their kids make huge noises at night after midnight and now the parents are like banging "i dunno what" so loud, that I am awake since 9am. And I slept at 3am+.
      I really hope someone can advise me what to do.

We've walked to their doors many times and they would just apologize and say some bullshit.
      But it'll start all over.

They recently moved over becos their ex neighbours scold them everyday.

Can I complain them?
      Is it ok for them to make such loud noises in the morning?
      There's a time range for such noises right? Like, after 11pm, anyone can complain against loud noises made by neighbours. What about in the morning?

I'm really dying of lack of slp.
      Shocked

51 posts since May '04
    • Originally posted by serene0:
      I am so fed up with the people living upstairs in my block.
      Their kids make huge noises at night after midnight and now the parents are like banging "i dunno what" so loud, that I am awake since 9am. And I slept at 3am+.

We've walked to their doors many times and they would just apologize and say some bullshit.

Can I complain them?
      There's a time range for such noises right? Like, after 11pm, anyone can complain against loud noises made by neighbours. What about in the morning?

Shocked

Of course you can complain.
      This is a form of disruption to public peace!

In my estate, there was a stupid household who sang karaoke atill 3am in morning. Moreover, the singing is like killing chicken. Cannot imagine how the next-door neighbour can tolerate such nosense.

I remember when a group of friends drove up to a multi-storey car park top to sit around to countdown a birthday for a friend, after 15 mins, the police came up and said someone complained. There were no shouting or screaming. Just normal chatting.

Call your neighbourhood police post. This is one of the reasons why they are operational 24 hours.

124 posts since Mar '05
    • i think after 10pm, u can complain about their noises...

or approach ur town council and tell them abt this prob, they will send officers down to talk to them

calling police isnt v good... i doubt u wana strain your relationship with your neighbours by doing this...

my neighbour has a habit of banging the wall, shifting the sofa almost everyday, and hammering nails into duno-wad... he does this at almost anytime he wants... sometimes 3 or 4 am in the morning 'WTF'

initially my parents also approached the town council... they did stop for a while, but the din started again a few weeks later

but i've gotten used to it.. this has been happening for almost 10 years Razz

37,644 posts since Mar '05
    • his problem is they do its “early” in the morning wonder if there is a provision for such times

49,302 posts since Mar '05
    • i face the same problem.

i can only sleep after 12.30am and 'must' wake up before 6.30am.

my neighbour always knock and drag furnitures.

dont understand what the fark these people do at home.

spoke to my neighbour upstairs, left and right but all alleged innocence.

Edited by dragg 11 Jun `05, 12:53PM
    38,873 posts since Dec '02
    409 posts since Mar '05
    691 posts since Sep '02

Can I complain them?

Shocked

Well, I duno abt the complaining part but I do experience similar situations. Cos I am having problems lately and cant sleep well. Neighbours upstairs will start to drill things early in the morning. Its either that or the Rag and Bone collector (Galang Guni) keeps pushing the horn and shouting! And all these at 8 or 9 plsu in the morning when the previous nite I slept at 4 - 5 am!!

Wonder where did all those considerate ppl go? Somemore the Garang Guni think even happens on Sun!!!

23,172 posts since Jul '04
    425 posts since Mar '04

• no 1 is known to died fr lack of slp. however, it is well known tat when pple r trouble, they will not slp well either. hv u try digging into ur inner self? talk to urself n solve ur problems first. sicne they make noise after 12, mebbe an early night slp will help since u may doze off to the next level of deep slp n too tired to wake up.

38,721 posts since May '00

Can I complain them?

Shocked

You often sleep at 3am...?

2,770 posts since Jan '05
    • there’s nothing u can do ,mayb unless they realised their inconsiderate behaviour themselves

Edited by ha8n 12 Jun `05, 2:51PM
    3,210 posts since Mar '03
    • no use go town council or 999.

Best take thing in own hand.
      go buy a lock and lock them up!!

2,439 posts since May '05
    • Originally posted by Apollo_sg:
      no 1 is known to died fr lack of slp. however, it is well known tat when pple r trouble, they will not slp well either. hv u try digging into ur inner self? talk to urself n solve ur problems first. sicne they make noise after 12, mebbe an early night slp will help since u may doze off to the next level of deep slp n too tired to wake up.

some ppl may have sleeping problems and noises at nite will wake them up and keep them awake.....noise pollution is not acceptable especially when after midnite....wat the fu ck they doing banging at nite.....garang guni or some ritual u performing no excuse...since u cant sleep poluute them back

425 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by newmanmback:
      some ppl may have sleeping problems and noises at nite will wake them up and keep them awake.....noise pollution is not acceptable especially when after midnite....wat the fu ck they doing banging at nite.....garang guni or some ritual u performing no excuse...since u cant sleep poluute them back

calm calm, more ruckus will not help u slp better.

109 posts since Jul '03
    • wat to do...... those who design hdb flat is damn stupid, moron....

they shld include sound proof one...... some more hdb now is like ampifiler.... it will amplifier the sound found level 1 sia....

124 posts since Mar '05
    • last resort

fight fire with fire

my neighbours used to play mahjong till 1 or 2+ am.. one day my parents couldnt take it and called my aunts over - they played till the next morning.

from then on, i rarely am disturbed by noises of the mahjong tiles (except on weekends or public holidays, which i can understand) Mr. Green Mr. Green

598 posts since Jun '05
    • they bang one you bang twice.

seriously speaking, the authorities, don;t live there and really have no idea whats your big problem. they are salary civil servants and you are giving them headache. confront neighbours.

your problem is peanuts compared to my problem of dealing with grps of malays hooligans loudly singing, guitaring fightening off residents in yishun blk31X. The TC wash hand, HDB no reply when TC forward letter to them, so far only police at ground level helping me when i called them. i many occasion confront these hooligans in the night and day.
      one chinese against ten malays.
      i took pics, assist by narrow down groups and individuals, ask police take particulars, explain situations to police on scene and why i called them. if not they will take it lightly and easily. this has improved situation a bit , now collecting evidence against hdb for unfunctional design.

mind you the police has been called more than ten times before , nearly same hooligans but no action. so the cycle repeats until i take firm actions.

you even need to confont them.

49,302 posts since Mar '05
    • it was reported today that HDB do handle such complaints. they will send people to talk with the problematic houshold.

maybe you can try.

372 posts since May '05

Can I complain them?

Shocked

pls complain... either to the police or ur town council... think they have a mediating dept which is specialized to settle this sort of thing.. dunno if HDB will step in or not, but chances are they will direct u elsewhere..

i also have neighbours living abv me that seems to have elephant legs... the noise produced from their walking/running is insufferable at times... feel like drilling a hole in my ceiling and let them fall so that i could give them a piece of my mind... Mad

151 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by ha8n:
      there's nothing u can do ,mayb unless they realised their inconsiderate behaviour themselves

What Rubbish

In england there is a legal limit on the ammount of noise you can make at certain times of the day. The local council can measure the level and take legal action against that person.

Because singapore law is based mostly around english laws its likely to be the same.

If this doesnt work then call the police, if i were to stand in orchard road shouting and screaming i would be arrested for disturbing the peace and public disorder, so they would have no problem in telling them to quiten down or arrest them

YOu may wish also to record the noise on a cassatte tape and play it to your local town council

37,644 posts since Mar '05
    • Originally posted by iamsuper:
      What Rubbish

In england there is a legal limit on the ammount of noise you can make at certain times of the day. The local council can measure the level and take legal action against that person.

Because singapore law is based mostly around english laws its likely to be the same.

If this doesnt work then call the police, if i were to stand in orchard road shouting and screaming i would be arrested for disturbing the peace and public disorder, so they would have no problem in telling them to quiten down or arrest them

YOu may wish also to record the noise on a cassatte tape and play it to your local town council

hmmm i think the problem is the neighbours are not very loud

598 posts since Jun '05
    • in sinagapore, there are laws governing the use and noise disturbances by people using public spaces or between neighbours. it is just that the authorities are to damn lazy to search for them.

it is even stipulated how many people are allowed to gather at void decks and not to distrub residents staying there throughout the day. it applies to any public spaces. by the way public does not really mean the PUBLIC as in free for all and can be loud noise and party. there are strict public laws and that includes noise human noise disturbance.

the time factor as highlighted in the 18 jun 2005 SAT ST newspaper forum that police will only repsonse to noise between 10.30pm to 7am is stupid and irresponsible.
      what happen to words , case by case, safety and so on.
      this spokesman is setting a standing order of the time for all to follow and even worst for those loud noise trouble makers to follow and make as much noise to the discomfort of residents. its is saying don;t disturb the police between 7am to 10.30pm if you want to complain any fighting noise, gangster harassing resident noise and so on.
      even police offiers on night shift needs to sleep in the afternoons, pri shcool morning sessions needs to sleep by 9pm so that they can wake up by 5.30 am. now if a resident complain about rowdy gangs of yuouth singing loudly in fornt of this ground flr unit , the police can don;t response. hooligans like to make loud noisers for the purpose of distraction so that they can commit crimes. as resident shut themselves tight or leave flats, then these hooligan can commit petty thefts or breakin.

if not everyone can go around evrey where and make a lot of noises. ever wonder why they never build basket ball courts, street soccer courts next to town council, hdb office, police station or even CCs especailly for street soccer. the impact noise is just too loud even for them. so it basically push noise problem to residents.

it is very straight forward , any time 24 hrs , as long as someone complains and needs police help with excessive human loud noise related to crime prevention, safety, disorderly behavour, peace and public disorder and security issues They must response as in the order of priority with the cases at the time.

Edited by AF2005 19 Jun `05, 1:27PM
    425 posts since Mar '04
    • hahahaha... sat ST forum reply fr police. arrow problem back to HDB.

solution --> go complain to ur MP lor.

Please Login or Signup to reply.