21 Apr, 05:36PM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

how to quite my cca?

Subscribe to how to quite my cca? 50 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Choicindyy's Avatar
    16 posts since Sep '12
    • I'm in my cca for 2 years already. I want to quit.  Thinking of needing to go to my cca everyday will just give me anixety. Mine is in performing arts. how to quit? got any good valid reasons? idw to skip.

  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    FireIce's Avatar
    242,650 posts since Dec '99
  • [imdestinyz]'s Avatar
    1,361 posts since Jan '11
  • Choicindyy's Avatar
    16 posts since Sep '12
  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Do you lose all your cca pts if you quit? If yes, then youre cooked. I also inside my cca for two years and it getting real boring, everyday drill then campcraft then always got time limit for everything, go toilet settle big businness also Sir will come in and say " i give you 7min". If i quit my cca then all my cca pts go down the drain. So, just waiting for my turn to become Sir then it's gonna be fun. 6months more to go....

  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    FireIce's Avatar
    242,650 posts since Dec '99
  • Vice President
    laurence82's Avatar
    118,736 posts since Nov '03
    • i am hoping nowadays u dont have to send one page resignation letter

      last time just tell teacher and teacher will talk to u

       

      but last time my school the CCA teachers, esp the uniformed group one TNP

      one dun allow to quit, make life hell for u

      the other, sack people

      lol

  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Tell teacher for what. The overall teacher in charge and the ex-overall teacher in charge all so pro, all change school. Who wan be cher for this cca sia -.- only all the young and new teachers will stay-.- 

  • Lokey's Avatar
    1,806 posts since Jan '09
    • Simple! I can give you several strategies.

      1. You can start by disappearing often and eventually completely disappear.Hopefully nobody notice you.

      2. You can say that your last semester result is horrible and you cannot handle between CCA and school. My parents and form teachers are advising me to let go of my CCA.

      3. You can get tution on the same day that crash with your CCA days. 

      4. You can say that your family is very poor, so you need to work every evening till 12 am at mcdonald.

      As long as you show your academic results (report book) and convince that your CCA teacher what you are failing!!! 99.99% your CCA teacher will have to let you go.

  • jojobeach's Avatar
    8,135 posts since Apr '07
    • If there is ABUSE in the CCA, please bring this problem up to the relevant authorities.  Principals or MOE systematically.

      CCA is meant to give students a more well rounded experience in education.. that's why its a CCA. ( outside academia experience).

      CCA is suppose to build up student confidence NOT destroy it.

      If the in-charge is doing a lousy job running a CCA, that person needs to be REMOVED from the program.

      If your "sir" is abusing his authority.. he needs to be reported... tyranny has no place in a school environment.

      And just because your "sir" abuse you.. it does not give you the right to do it to another junior when you become a "sir" yourself.

      Authority comes with special responsibility including being "REASONABLE".

       

       

    • Originally posted by Zzzfrendzzz:

      Tell teacher for what. The overall teacher in charge and the ex-overall teacher in charge all so pro, all change school. Who wan be cher for this cca sia -.- only all the young and new teachers will stay-.- 

      If your school is not doing a good job with the program, then the program has no business continuing it's pathetic existence.

      If no teacher is interested, then the program must be scrapped.

      Whatever your interest is that's not offered in school.. you should pursue elsewhere.

       

  • troublemaker2005's Avatar
    8,443 posts since Dec '05
    • why is it about grades? why is CCA compulsary to be part of grading? priority is still the mina subjects, som may be free enough but others who may be struggling with studies and things outside their school life really have no time for such compulsary 'CCA'.

      grades and scores - that's our education system ? sounds familiar , again.

  • [imdestinyz]'s Avatar
    1,361 posts since Jan '11
  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by Lokey:

      Simple! I can give you several strategies.

      1. You can start by disappearing often and eventually completely disappear.Hopefully nobody notice you.

      2. You can say that your last semester result is horrible and you cannot handle between CCA and school. My parents and form teachers are advising me to let go of my CCA.

      3. You can get tution on the same day that crash with your CCA days. 

      4. You can say that your family is very poor, so you need to work every evening till 12 am at mcdonald.

      As long as you show your academic results (report book) and convince that your CCA teacher what you are failing!!! 99.99% your CCA teacher will have to let you go.

       

       

      1. haha can't cos there's only 10 ppl in one squad, quite a number left the cca.

      2.haha also can't cos i'm not doing bad in academic, in fact i'm doing quite good.

      3.haha also can't cos the "sir" will ask you whether can change it or whatever then call parent

      4.no one believes though

    • Originally posted by jojobeach:

      If your school is not doing a good job with the program, then the program has no business continuing it's pathetic existence.

      If no teacher is interested, then the program must be scrapped.

      Whatever your interest is that's not offered in school.. you should pursue elsewhere.

       

      my cca isn't a small one. Almost all schools has it. It's npcc. not say scrapped then scrapped one.

  • TeenWhoWantsToMakeOut's Avatar
    36 posts since Oct '12
    • I'm in performing arts too haha.Either contact the tcher in charge of your CCA or the HOD in charge.

  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by [imdestinyz]:

      now is the start of the year... best time to change cca

      where got such logic that new year then change cca one

  • jojobeach's Avatar
    8,135 posts since Apr '07
    • Originally posted by Zzzfrendzzz:

      my cca isn't a small one. Almost all schools has it. It's npcc. not say scrapped then scrapped one.

      Ooohh.. NPCC... it's infamous for crappy programs and internal abuse. 

      Everyday march under hot sun and do boring stuff. Seniors abuse juniors and they only promote within their own clique.

      Why did you even join that crap in the first place. A few of my schoolmates quit after 1-2 years also...

      Go talk to your principal and tell him/her you need to switch CCA. If you are too chicken shit to talk to your principal, then ask your parents to go talk on your behalf.

      Make sure you have the alternative CCA decided..

       

       

      Edited by jojobeach 08 Jan `13, 12:17AM
  • [imdestinyz]'s Avatar
    1,361 posts since Jan '11
    • Originally posted by Zzzfrendzzz:

      where got such logic that new year then change cca one


      you obviously haven figured out how CCA works

  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by jojobeach:

      Ooohh.. NPCC... it's infamous for crappy programs and internal abuse. 

      Everyday march under hot sun and do boring stuff. Seniors abuse juniors and they only promote within their own clique.

      Why did you even join that crap in the first place. A few of my schoolmates quit after 1-2 years also...

      Go talk to your principal and tell him/her you need to switch CCA. If you are too chicken shit to talk to your principal, then ask your parents to go talk on your behalf.

      Make sure you have the alternative CCA decided..

       

       

       my alternative is NCC, LOL? im not instrested in other cca..

      Edited by Zzzfrendzzz 08 Jan `13, 5:37PM
    • Originally posted by [imdestinyz]:


      you obviously haven figured out how CCA works

      im srs, i dont see my friends changing cca just becos of new year

  • [imdestinyz]'s Avatar
    1,361 posts since Jan '11
  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by [imdestinyz]:

      That's because your friends also dunno how it works

      then u explain it now?

  • Summer hill's Avatar
    6,415 posts since Dec '11
    • Originally posted by Zzzfrendzzz:

       my alternative is NCC, LOL? im not instrested in other cca..

      why not? uniformed group are the worst ever cca...there's not mutual respect in it. seniors shout at juniors under the hot sun and they marched all day long...

      i guess it demands people to be sumbmissive, huh?

  • Zzzfrendzzz's Avatar
    79 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by Summer hill:

      why not? uniformed group are the worst ever cca...there's not mutual respect in it. seniors shout at juniors under the hot sun and they marched all day long...

      i guess it demands people to be sumbmissive, huh?

      i join ug cos my primary i was also ug. cos the uniform just attracts people.

Please Login or Signup to reply.