25 Mar, 07:56AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

Advice on courting this girl

Subscribe to Advice on courting this girl 28 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    21 posts since Sep '13
    • Recently, I went on a field trip and got to know this particular girl from my group. She displayed much resilience, initiative and care for her peers which made me really admire her a lot throughout this trip. In addition, I also found out that we shared pretty much common interests in certain cultures and activities. So in the end, even till now, I feel I have a crush on her and may even like her. As a person who’s not so smart and slow in love and such things, how should i proceed from here? Would appreciate any kind advice!

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    261,539 posts since Dec '99
    31,257 posts since Oct '02
    21 posts since Sep '13
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    21 posts since Sep '13
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

ask her if she is interested to find dory

Hmmm, thing is I only met her and interacted with her for the first time like during the field trip which was like last week so though it seems we interacted alot but actually not really close yet haha. Plus tho we exchanged numbers le i havent msged or whatsapped her yet cos dk wad topic to start abt haha. if pm her wan watch movie or not, abit straightforward and obvious leh since we have a group chat which i could use to actually jio everyone.

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • can have a group outing so it's not tt awkward and obvious

but if u wanna pao niu u must haf some balls lah

21 posts since Sep '13

can have a group outing so it's not tt awkward and obvious

but if u wanna pao niu u must haf some balls lah

Haha but on the private side like at home, what can i do to perhaps kickstart messaging her to become closer or something? Like ok well she likes drawing and publishes some of her artwork on insta but its kinda awkward and weird to pm her to complement her drawing when i can comment on insta directly or smth LOL

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    • just love.png and thumbs_up.png loh

but not everything lah

in case she think u stalker ...... (but erm, u are, kinda)

21 posts since Sep '13

just love.png and thumbs_up.png loh

but not everything lah

in case she think u stalker ...... (but erm, u are, kinda)

LOL haha well i guess the main difficulty now is finding a topic to kickstart pm her tho

31,257 posts since Oct '02
    • nowadays young gen nthing to talk abt?

from gossips to entertainment news to movies to music to even boring world news...

In addition, I also found out that we shared pretty much common interests in certain cultures and activities.

got common interest in certain cultures and activities but nthing to talk about????

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    9 posts since Jun '16
    • sometimes things aren't as complicated as you think it is, this kind of thing is either you love/like or you don't, i suggest you pick yourself up and ask her out on a date to start of with or atleast have conversations with her from time to time, you won't get anywhere from planning what you wanna do, in our time so fast paced, its best to keep yourself moving in the game otherwise sooner or later someone who is decent will pick her up if she's really as good as you said she is(ASSUMING) so yea bro thats my advice, SUIT UP!

13 posts since Jul '16
    9 posts since Aug '16
    • judging from a gal's pov... dun be TOO direct, drops some hints to see her reactions first

18,470 posts since Nov '00
    10 posts since Nov '12
    10 posts since Sep '16
    • no need to be in hurry to court. just find out more abt her first, more info dun hurt. If you are sure she is right for you, then make first move ask her out for kopi or dinner, be clear abt ur intentions and dun like hint them. Girls dun like having to guess forever abt how  a guy feels. If she likes you enough, then she will say "yes" to ur request to be bf-gf honest.If she say no, you can  then look for someone else, remember forest full of trees.

Edited by Hhaawke 07 Sep `16, 11:22AM
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    9 posts since Sep '16
    11 posts since Sep '16
    9 posts since Sep '16
    2,716 posts since Jan '08
    • Easy!  Speak to her more often and get to know her better?  You both already share common interests, so you already have an advantage.  Perhaps do something together?  It doesn't necessarily have to be a "date".

11 posts since Dec '16
    5 posts since Dec '16
    • Most guys make the mistake of being too apphrehensive. It may be because of fear of embarassment, rejection or just a matter of habit.

As competition is always around (she would have other suitors), it is advisable to step up and state, if not a subtle, intention as early as you can

You may want to find an excuse to follow up on something relevant to both of your interests (as you mentioned there are) That would lead you to getting her number.

Following, do not spend too much time just talking on whatsapp. There should be a meetup as soon as you are able to. Think of it as a timer of interest. Interest fades away fast, and distractions are always around.

Hope this helps.

-Andrew

Please Login or Signup to reply.