19 Oct, 09:46AM in sunny Singapore!
Home Aunt Agony

Am I being played out by the company ?

Subscribe to Am I being played out by the company ? 9 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    57 posts since Nov '08
    • Hi, I went for an interview on 2 August 2016. The interview appointment was communicated to me only by email. I was not able to reply the email on time as I do not have the habit of checking my email regularly. The company did not call me too regarding the appointment for the interview. In the email, the interviewer also called me by another candidate’s name. Nonetheless, I attended the interview. Then when I was there, they took the wrong resume which was not mine and the interviewer said he could not find my resume. The interviewer spent about 2 to 5 minutes trying to find my resume in his email and even asked me to re-forward my job application to him again. Anyway, at last, they sorted it out and started the interview session. Then the next day, I was informed that I was hired and would send an employment letter to me. The draft employment letter was sent to me by the Secretary and I replied her copying the interviewer in. Until today, I have not heard from them. I called the Secretary and she said she thought the interviewer has replied me and since he has not, she will check with him.

What is happening ?

Something fishy going on ? Why isn’t the HR Dept sending the employment letter but it is the Secretary who is sending ? Can’t be they don’t have HR Dept since they are medium-sized.

Did they really mistake me for someone else ? But I already showed up in person !!

Until now I am not informed to sign the employment letter, so are they having second thoughts ? What do you think ?

What the hell is happening ? I am supposed to start work on 29 August 2016 but with all these silly hiccups, if were you, would you dare go such company work ?

Lastly, am I being played out by the company ?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    264,261 posts since Dec '99
    • call again to chase or "remind"

if the co. is so kinda f**ked up for this thing, do u still wanna work for them?

1 post since Aug '16
    • There's already been a bunch of red flags, with you being called the wrong name by interviewer, and them having the wrong resume in the interview. If there's been that many stuff ups before you even start working there, I bet the actual job itself could be even more frustrating. My advice: run for the hills! 

57 posts since Nov '08
    • Hi, so much thanks for all the replies. Just an update.

I emailed the interviewer directly and got a prompt reply from him. He stated that I should bring along the employment letter on the day I start work.

Don’t really know why the Secretary did not reply me if it is just that simple.

The employment letter is a draft in Word format that was sent to me, of course I would have further question as to what to do next ,eg. would they send me a finalised one or what,etc. But no reply after sending my enquiry and only got answer when I sent directly to the interviewer. So if I remain passive and wait for them to revert without chasing, they also ‘hush hush’ ?? Weird company.

Somemore on the employment letter stated I would be paid $xxxx nett per month as salary during probation. Shouldn’t it suppose to be Gross and not Nett ? Let’s say they are so blur to pay me the nett amount then isn’t my gross amount of the salary be higher then ?

Really funny.

9 posts since Aug '16
    • Personally i feel that this company is kinda messed up. It sounds like they are badly organised and show no repect to potential candidates. Ask yourself, will they value you when you join the company? Do you think they are a capable organisation? Will you enjoy such a work environment?

• Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    264,261 posts since Dec '99
    • email back to ask for clarifications

if u are not relli desperate for a job, i suggest go look elsewhere lah

57 posts since Nov '08
    • Originally posted by BitchinCrown👑:

Personally i feel that this company is kinda messed up. It sounds like they are badly organised and show no repect to potential candidates. Ask yourself, will they value you when you join the company? Do you think they are a capable organisation? Will you enjoy such a work environment?

Not sure will have impact on my work or not.

16,111 posts since Dec '06
    • this company gives me the feeling that they are kinda not very efficient... i would look elsewhere if i were you... 

52 posts since Mar '16
    • Look for another company to work for? Unless you fear you cannot get another job? Simple task also cannot do don't they know interview goes 2 ways - for the comapny to review a job applicant, and also for the job applicant to review if the company is the one they want to work for.

At this rate, you might not even get your pay, or get the wrong amount of pay come pay day. Maybe you can name the company so that other people can take cautions when applying for jobs. It is difficult to correct or appeal in such situations, but at leat the internet is here to warn people and shame those unethical ones.

Please Login or Signup to reply.