23 Apr, 07:27PM in sunny Singapore!

Nine Inch Nails Releases Tracks on The Pirate Bay

Subscribe to Nine Inch Nails Releases Tracks on The Pirate Bay 7 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    16,247 posts since Mar '03
    • Releasing Nine Inch Nail material online is an avenue the industrial rock band has been familiar with some time. Many tracks are readily available one the NIN.com website, downloadable via the traditional client/server method. However in a brief announcement made yesterday, a surprising element appeared. Not that new material was available for download, but that it was available via the BitTorrent protocol. Even more surprisingly, the torrents were uploaded to The Pirate Bay.

The Pirate Bay has been a quandary for the entertainment industry, as it has defiantly remained one of the largest - if not most popular - BitTorrent trackers/indexers. Despite a brief shut down in May of 2006, The Pirate Bay continues to remain a symbol of the P2P and BitTorrent community.

Although it has earned the scorn of the US entertainment industry, it appears that not all entertainers feel hostile towards the Swedish BitTorrent site - particularly Trent Reznor. Three audio tracks are currently being indexed by The Pirate Bay, "Capital G", "My Violent Heart", and "Me, I'm Not." This is an interesting move by NIN, and one that lends a hand of legitimacy to The Pirate Bay - as it shows that entertainers realize the importance of reaching out to their target audience.

Source

149,694 posts since Feb '01
    • Trent Reznor actually placed the album in many HDDs all over the US long before the album was released..

and it was also in The Pirate Bay about 2 weeks before release Smile

what i found damned cool was that he released one track for Garageband Very Happy

2,314 posts since Jul '06
    • is there any comparison for NIN to any other bands? FOr some reason ive nv heard their stuff before

15,891 posts since May '06
    16,247 posts since Mar '03
    • I tght it was a positive move for NIN to use BT as alternative form of marketing the tracks to the community. I, for instance.. will purchase the album to keep if I found something I liked abt the album/singer after listening to the DLed tracks.

I doubt the tracks will be encoded in very bitrate but should be decent enuff for most MP3 player listening.

149,694 posts since Feb '01
    • bitrate? i think it's pretty high..

the whole album comes in at about 119MB which means a pretty decent bitrate.. probably around 192 or 256

as in for genres? i dunno.. few are like NIN... i like Year Zero but my favourite still remains the EP Broken (get the CD version coz it has 2 "hidden" tracks) and The Downward Spiral

Please Login or Signup to reply.