24 May, 06:22PM in sunny Singapore!

Why Women Like Bad Boys

Subscribe to Why Women Like Bad Boys 39 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    266,165 posts since Dec '99
    • The Science Behind Why Women Like Bad Boys

Turns out, there's a scientific reason behind the cliché.

Women dig bad boys -- it may be the oldest cliché but turns out, there's a scientific reason behind our penchant for sexy and rebellious cads. No, it's not because we're addicted to trouble. Blame it on hormones for clouding our judgment.

When ovulating, a woman's hormones influence who she sees as good potential fathers, and they pick sexier men over obviously more dependable guys, says a new University of Texas study.

The researchers had women look at dating profiles of either a sexy man or a reliable man. Somehow, women who were near ovulation thought that the sexy man would contribute more to parenting and domestic duties. (i.e. caring for the baby, shopping for food, cooking and contributing to household chores.)

"Under the hormonal influence of ovulation, women delude themselves into thinking that the sexy bad boys will become devoted partners and better dads," says study researcher Kristina Durante. "When looking at the sexy cad through ovulation goggles, Mr. Wrong looked exactly like Mr. Right."

But interestingly, these ovulation goggles appear to trick women only when it comes to choosing their own partner. "When asked about what kind of father the sexy bad boy would make if he were to have children with another woman, women were quick to point out the bad boy's shortcomings," says Durante. "But when it came to their own child, ovulating women believed that the charismatic and adventurous cad would be a great father to their kids."

Do you have the tendency to fall for bad boys? Or do you shun them the plague?

7,299 posts since Dec '09
    • bad guys love good women, while good women love bad guys..

thats why so many singles....

68,869 posts since Dec '03
    8,961 posts since Sep '04
    910 posts since Jan '12
    • Agree with mancha.

Ovulation, BS.

Girls wanna have fun with Bad Boys.

But wants to go home to a Good Guy.

469 posts since Nov '10
    • singapore girls are the smartest.

they don't care whether the guy is good or bad.

as long as he is rich, they will be very happy to open their legs for them

2,318 posts since Sep '11
    • Sweeping statement!

Not every female likes or loves bad guys.    Eeee . . . . . asking for trouble to like baddies.

• Originally posted by single_alone:

singapore girls are the smartest.

So sad you only get to meet such gals.     Your circle very small that you get no where to meet nice and down to earth nice gals, POOR THING.

Improve yourself so that you have more opportunities to meet the nice gals who are not what you described in your post.

16 posts since May '12
    • Pardon if I am wrong. Maybe this is just my opinion. But in my view, I feel that girls tends to not appreciate their loved ones..

2,465 posts since Jun '11
    160 posts since Mar '12
    • Bad boys but how bad?

Like the F4 leader? Or like Osama?

The F4 leader is a good guy to me. On the outisde, he is loud; temperamental; disrespectful; ignorant and comtemptuous, but inside, he is a great person.

Osama is a realli bad ass. Do women like him?

838 posts since Jan '12
    • Originally posted by single_alone:

singapore girls are the smartest.

I like to hear the voice of singaporean girls. I don't know why. Got one time I was studying in Australia and there were a lot of singaporean girls. So i call up some of them for a chat. I don't know why. Their tend to sound intelligent, fiesty and commanding - I like.

Except Wimsomnea of course, this one, every day I open the forum - complain complain complain. Beh tahan.

3 posts since May '12
    • girls only see money.so guys we have to kills each other to earn more money just to have a date..... that's my view

• Originally posted by Lawrencenik1999:

girls only see money.so guys we have to kills each other to earn more money just to have a date..... that's my view

well replied.....you see through it!

18,865 posts since May '10
  • Queen of sgForums
    驚世駭俗醜不啦嘰 moderatress
    266,165 posts since Dec '99
    31,782 posts since Mar '05
    8,961 posts since Sep '04
    • Originally posted by FireIce:

男人有钱就变坏

女人变坏就有钱

haha....应该说...