Originally posted by FireIce:
so u from LA?
Actually you will be suprised to know I am not from LA nor am I here to help them. I am here just to write what are the lame things that LA might say to defend themself
LA: We are asia's premier dating agency setup since 2004. We have 12 years of experience in this industry. All thse bad comments are written by competitors and loser members who cannot find their partner
Clarification: California fitness has a longer history than LA but it closed down which could be the evntual outcome for LA too
It does not matter whether the bad comments are written by competitors or loser members. What is important is that its the truth
LA: We also have success stories and happy members
Clarification: Every dating agency and even dating apps also have success stories and at least 1 happy member. Please try harder to defend yourself
LA: We have more success stories than other dating agencies
Clarifcation: Please don't anyhow make a claim. Please show us the figures and solid evidence on whats the precentage of success stories you have
LA: Our prices is not unreasonable. Its on par with the prices of other dating agencies such as Its just Lunch, Society W etc
Clarification: That does not mean that your price is reasonable. It just means that there is a high chance that you will eventually close down together with all these other dating agencies
I know a former employee of Lunch Actually, and from what she has told me, I have to agree with some of the points raised below. It is true that members are "rated" and those with good ratings and are more eligible are "used" often for 1st dates to create a good impression and reduce chances of refunds. Often, after that, not much thought goes into the matching. Sometimes members call up to ask why they were matched with someone and the consultants can't even give a reasonable answer. They claim to discuss among themselves in order to match since not all consultants meet all members, but that is not true. To hit their "quota" of number of matches and dates per month, they just do it as quickly as possible.
Also true that there are lots of women in their database, so the men get many dates, sometimes 3 a week, while some women wait 6-8 months for one. Some clients are smart and try to get into consultant's good books with frequent visits with gifts or food, so they get more attention and better matches. But I suppose that's how it works anywhere.
The coaching videos seem really dumb as well- teaching things like how women should have long hair and nice makeup to get a man etc.Originally posted by Jamiemoh83:
Please do NOT join Lunch Actually Dating Agency
1) Lunch Actually (LA) claims to match you with someone 'holistically' and taking into account your "preferences". They claim that the only thing they do not guarantee is chemistry. It is NOT true. While most of the time, LA members are truthful abt their personal details, LA will LIE about it in order to 'create' a match. They can LIE abt anything just to push out a date. Eg, if you say you don't want to meet someone who drinks heavily, LA will LIE to you and cheat you into going on a date which they 'have painstakingly looked through and is a high match'. One date cost a few hundred dollars, and you end up meeting someone you will not even consider. Your date also ends up wasting his/her time as he/she had given truthful details to LA without knowing that LA had lied to you. Your preferences are not important to LA. Your money is.
2) LA has more female than male members. Ladies can wait up to 8 months in between dates. Man gets one or two dates per month. Chances are, the female members will end up getting hitched by someone through their own social circle and forfeit the rest of their package (that means LA gets to keep the money). Although it seems like the man has a wider pool of selection, male members are likely to end up going on dates with people who are poorly matched.
3) LA allows members to request for a full refund within 7 days after going on their first date. If you are not happy with your first date, you can get all your money back. So, you are likely to get someone decent on your first date. And GOOD LUCK for your subsequent dates. You first date may be someone you are looking for as LA may have matched him/her according to your criteria just to give you a false good impression. BUT you may not be matched according to your date's preferences. So you will still end up wasting a date because the other party is not interested in you.
Some unlucky people (possibly those who appear nice and received decent/good feedback from their first few dates) will be unofficially 'selected' by LA (without their knowledge or consent of course) to be the first date or 'service recovery' date for other LA members. It means that whenever LA gets a new/difficult customer, they will pick this 'selected' candidate out to go on a date with their new/difficult members. If you are granted the 'honor' of being 'handpicked' by LA to do the 'job', you are likely to end up with dates with new members or angry people who have just complained abt LA. (since LA gets a lot of complains). To make things worse, if the LA member is someone LA knows that you will not be interested in, LA will either LIE to you about their particulars or keep you in the dark. Eg, Member A complains about LA or his/her previous bad date. LA will do service recovery by giving member A a free make up date. Then LA will go to their "nice members list" and pick member B to go on a date with member A. However, member A is a smoker and LA knows that there's no way member B will agree to go out with someone who smokes. So LA will either LIE to member B or keep member B in the dark. In other words, LA makes use of their members to help them make more money from other people.
4) Whenever LA's lies were found out and exposed, they will either insist that it was the member who had given them the wrong information (which is not always true) or they will brush it off by offering a free make up date. There's no point taking up the make up date because the same problem will repeat.
5) LA has 'highly trained' consultants with high turnover rate. The consultants seem to be ONLY trained to be polite, politically correct when communicating with their members and pushing members to sign up for their workshops. They are not genuine about helping their members get a good date. The matching is done using a computer system anyway. Members' details and/or preferences are manually tweaked or almost completely changed in order to increase the number of matches (drastically). Any Tom or Harry can be matched to Jane or Mary.
LA charges higher prices than all other dating agencies in Singapore. Save your money and time. Do NOT join LA.