26 Oct, 11:25AM in sunny Singapore!

Express buses in Singapore

Subscribe to Express buses in Singapore 77 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    812 posts since Oct '05
    • Latest news:

Causeway Link of Handal Indah would be starting a new Singapore (Jurong East IMM Building) --- Kuala Lumpur (Puduraya) express bus service on 18 November 2005.

(Source: notice at Jurong East Bus Interchange)

188 posts since Sep '05
    • Originally posted by SGEMP:
      Latest news:

Causeway Link of Handal Indah would be starting a new Singapore (Jurong East IMM Building) --- Kuala Lumpur (Puduraya) express bus service on 18 November 2005.

Yes, I saw it too. Thanks for the photo. I didn't bring a camera today so I couldn't get a proper photo. Hopefully somebody or myself will get a better picture of it in the daytime.

16,186 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by PhyrePhox:
      I guess since I speak their language, it's less likely.. not that I'm immune to getting conned...

To be on the safe side though, (if at the Puduraya bus terminal) buy tickets from the booth, not from some agent walking around saying that their bus is going to go off soon. To be even more sure, pick more reputable companies like Transnasional, Gunung Raya, Konsortium or Nice. Buy directly from the booths that state these company names, and not from one of their agents.

Oh yeah, and I had a bad experience once, buying from those Transnasional booths located at the LRT stations around the town. They're actually licensed agents. Once I bought from them, there was some radio miscommunication with Transnasional people, and we ended up with tickets that were meant for buses going somewhere else at another time. I'm not sure if they've computerised that system by now.. but I guess I'll avoid buying from those agents unless if I really have to... and I'll have to double check just to be sure.

I don't think Nice begins its trips from Puduraya. Its sister company, Plusliner, does so.

6,200 posts since Sep '05
    • Originally posted by iveco:
      I don't think Nice begins its trips from Puduraya. Its sister company, Plusliner, does so.

The pictures shows the 'Causeway Link Express' buses, I think the new express svcs will be operated by HANDAL INDAH, the operator of Causeway Link.

188 posts since Sep '05

I always thought they're one and the same. Some of the buses leaving Puduraya bear the Nice livery. I know one that goes to JB. I'm not sure if any of those in Puduraya goes to Singapore though. Nice and Plusliner services are operated by Park May Berhad.

Edited by PhyrePhox 14 Nov `05, 3:05PM
      I always thought they're one and the same. Some of the buses leaving Puduraya bear the Nice livery. I know one that goes to JB. I'm not sure if any of those in Puduraya goes to Singapore though. Nice and Plusliner services are operated by Park May Berhad.

AFAIK, only Nice comes to Singapore. I remember the boarding point was at the old KL railway station (Jln Sultan Mohammed).

Plusliner is also one of the bus companies that run trips from Larkin to Seremban. Other major operators in Negri Sembilan's state capital are Transnasional (Rembau Tampin) and KL-Singapore Express (detour into Seremban en route to KL).

• So far, I know which company to buy from if I am headed for the following places:

Melaka: Transnasional, Melaka-Singapore Express
      Seremban: Transnasional, Plusliner
      Kuala Lumpur: Transnasional, Plusliner
      Ipoh: Sri Maju
      Taiping: Konsortium

Of course, not all trips are going to start from Singapore or Larkin. I have ever travelled north from Kuala Lumpur by coach on many occasions.

10,899 posts since Feb '05
    • to add on to ivecos list,

Langkawi/Kedah- Grassland Zenwan Express
      Terrenganu- Five Star; Transnasional
      KL- Lots, even those DDs but always take Super Coach to Sunway
      Malacca- Delima; Transnasional; MalaccaSg express; Johora

known departure locatons,

Golden Mile Complex- all Grassland buses, Gunung Raya (super Coach), Five star
      Kalang Bahru- basically most malacca service
      North Bridge Road- Johora
    812 posts since Oct '05
    • Originally posted by SBS9828X:
      to add on to ivecos list,

Langkawi/Kedah- Grassland Zenwan Express
      Terrenganu- Five Star; Transnasional
      KL- Lots, even those DDs but always take Super Coach to Sunway
      Malacca- Delima; Transnasional; MalaccaSg express; Johora

known departure locatons,

Golden Mile Complex- all Grassland buses, Gunung Raya (super Coach), Five star
      Kalang Bahru- basically most malacca service
      North Bridge Road- Johora

Well, Kallang Bahru also serves the east coast of Malaysia such as Kuantan, Kota Bahru, and Kuala Tregganu etc.

Usually by the Hasry and the Transnasional selling tickets in the makeshift containers.

Finally, at which exact location of North Bridge Road does the Johora buses start their trips?

Well, Kallang Bahru also serves the east coast of Malaysia such as Kuantan, Kota Bahru, and Kuala Tregganu etc.

Usually by the Hasry and the Transnasional selling tickets in the makeshift containers.

Finally, at which exact location of North Bridge Road does the Johora buses start their trips?

cant remember... took it once b4 but my parents prefer transnasional...

7,199 posts since Mar '03
      So far, I know which company to buy from if I am headed for the following places:

Melaka: Transnasional, Melaka-Singapore Express

I'd rather take LPMS Express than Malacca-Singapore Express.

• Originally posted by SBS9818A:
      I'd rather take LPMS Express than Malacca-Singapore Express.

From??? Ive taken it once back from KEdah...

• Originally posted by SBS9828X:
      From??? Ive taken it once back from KEdah...

How is this company? I have not heard of it so far. Confused

188 posts since Sep '05
      How is this company? I have not heard of it so far. Confused

Seen it before, but I've not taken it.. I've taken mostly the top companies unless I can't get tickets and desperate. Once had to take that bus "Starstrip Quest" or something.. (from JB - KL) Really odd name, don't you think?

Anyway, anybody any clues about the Johora bus going off from North Bridge Road? I can't imagine where.. pretty tight place...

7,199 posts since Mar '03
      Once had to take that bus "Starstrip Quest" or something.. (from JB - KL) Really odd name, don't you think?

Sounds more like the name of a strip club to me. Mr. Green

489 posts since May '05
    • So finally it's starting ?!

From the photo, seems to be the same vehicles as that currently used for the JB (Larkin) to KL (Puduraya) route i.e. the M-B O 500 R / 1632 IBC ?
      I should expect the O 500 R /1830 (or above) be available too.

What's the fare ?

Originally posted by SGEMP:
      Latest news:

1,402 posts since Oct '05
    188 posts since Sep '05
    • Ok.. I need to rush down to KL tomorrow. Anybody any ideas what are the timing for the SIN-KL Causeway Link Express bus at IMM?

14,339 posts since Sep '05
    • i dont know. such a short notice! i suggest u try calling up all the golden mile express buses at ard 6+am tmr. if there is, cab down quickly.

55,141 posts since Sep '03
      Ok.. I need to rush down to KL tomorrow. Anybody any ideas what are the timing for the SIN-KL Causeway Link Express bus at IMM?

just go Larkin, grab a bus and go.

if u prefer to fly, get to Senai Airport by 8.25am (taxi from checkpoint is RM30) and buy a ticket from the counter there. flight departs at 9.25am and lands at 10.10am, and ERL will get you to KL Sentral by 10.48am/11.08am.

6,524 posts since Feb '05
    • AIRASIA flies to KL twice a day.

Fares as low as RM30 (one way) + airport tax (RM19)
      Total: RM50/ SGD23 (ONE WAY)

Depart JB/Arrive KL: 0905/0950, 2140/2225
      Depart KL/ Arrive JB: 0755/0840, 2030/2115

MALAYSIA AIRLINES has many round trips to KL each day.
      Fares from RM60 (one way)

113,434 posts since Jun '04
    812 posts since Oct '05
    113,434 posts since Jun '04
      Well, what about the history of the Singapore - Johore Express?

Way back to 1960's

Back then duplicates with Green Bus 1 (Which is today's SBS 170) till JB cos PIE only opened in 1981 and BKE in early 90's

1,109 posts since Sep '03
    • Originally posted by sbst275:
      Way back to 1960's

Back then duplicates with Green Bus 1 (Which is today's SBS 170) till JB cos PIE only opened in 1981 and BKE in early 90's

The Singapore-Johore Express was actually formed in 1947. It ran parellel to the Green Bus service but without any scheduled stops from end to end.

The BKE was opened in the 1980s, I'd guess around 1986 or 87.

Please Login or Signup to reply.