21 Oct, 09:22AM in sunny Singapore!

Guess the next WAB service(s) thread

Subscribe to Guess the next WAB service(s) thread 1,962 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    19,995 posts since Nov '03
    1,703 posts since Oct '11
    • Originally posted by SMB42P:

302 epic fail WAB quota today during AM off peak...

From around 1030am at bus stop opp YewTee MRT, buses were coming in this order:

... 8001E >> Unknown Habit >> 1210L >> 1237K >> 1062Y >> 1238H >> 8001E >> 8019E ...

Meaning to say, if any PIW were to miss SMB8001E, the PIW will have to wait for the 6th bus before SMB8001E comes back to the same bus stop...

So much for a WAB service HAHA! 

I wonder if there are any plans for SMRT to deploy double deckers on feeders in near future.

• Originally posted by SBS8676Z:

I wonder if there are any plans for SMRT to deploy double deckers on feeders in near future.

Maybe 903,911,912 & 913?Who knows?Now all under LTA 

901 posts since Nov '15

there should definitely be some plans now on how to tackle WAB quota... either deploying DDs or spamming rigids

from what i think, they're probably going to spam more and more rigids. they better prove me wrong

1,703 posts since Oct '11
    • Originally posted by SMB5007J:

there should definitely be some plans now on how to tackle WAB quota... either deploying DDs or spamming rigids

from what i think, they're probably going to spam more and more rigids. they better prove me wrong

At least 2/3 of the old bendies are in for scrap soon, so let's see what SMRT is going to deploy on feeders other than the 40 A24s.

For the Yishun feeders under Sungei Seletar package, let's see if the new operators would start double deck deployments.

184 also seems to be the only high capacity trunk that is still stuck with bendies, wonder what is the reason for preventing double decks to be introduced on 184.

Edited by SBS8676Z 16 Mar `17, 9:32PM
    9,117 posts since Apr '11
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by SMB5007J:

it is either the loading does not justify DDs, the route not suitable for DDs or there are many PIWs along the route. but then again, the number of Rigids is dam too high.

• Originally posted by TIB 585L:

Maybe how fast it clears load than a DD at students hotspots like Clementi MRT.

lets hope that the new DDs could work

• Originally posted by SMB145B:

lets hope that the new DDs could work

The new DD takes more time than 12m one with that upper deck barrier 

4,901 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

The new DD takes more time than 12m one with that upper deck barrier 

Actl no. The upper barrier does not significantly reduce the time for alighting. If anything the bottleneck caused in 12m buses, both at the stairs and at the foot of it, will supercede this time length by folds.

2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

i ask two TTS BCs leh

time will tell

unless the 2nd door is only like 2/3 of the original and the other one also the same. waste space and not much of a improvement.

• To be frank,I still prefer the original three doors with the third door being a single plug type..13m is just nice.

• Originally posted by SMB145B:

time will tell

unless the 2nd door is only like 2/3 of the original and the other one also the same. waste space and not much of a improvement.

Truth be told I dont think the focus should be on the size of the doors. Rather, it is the efforts to improve overall human flow within the bus that makes this unique design so commendable.

Practically speaking big doors don't rly work as well. With the demand for the exit doors now segregated into two, it definitely also makes sense that each door for each deck reduces in size. After all, no matter how big the door is ultimately only one person can get down the stairs at a time. Unless you widen the staircase in which case butthurt lobbyists would cry how it reduces the number of seats in the bus..

310 posts since Sep '16
    • thing is passengers are actually not allowed to go down by the front staircase so no diff...

901 posts since Nov '15

At least 2/3 of the old bendies are in for scrap soon, so let's see what SMRT is going to deploy on feeders other than the 40 A24s.

For the Yishun feeders under Sungei Seletar package, let's see if the new operators would start double deck deployments.

184 also seems to be the only high capacity trunk that is still stuck with bendies, wonder what is the reason for preventing double decks to be introduced on 184.

i guess 912 might get DDs

• Originally posted by hgdep103:

thing is passengers are actually not allowed to go down by the front staircase so no diff...

Huh?? I don't think you seem to get the purpose of a second staircase. It is to improve human traffic for within the bus and truck bottlenecks, not primarily to provide more space

310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

Huh?? I don't think you seem to get the purpose of a second staircase. It is to improve human traffic for within the bus and truck bottlenecks, not primarily to provide more space

but still time wastage cos passengers must wait for bus to stop before going down

1,373 posts since May '14

but still time wastage cos passengers must wait for bus to stop before going down

Time wastage is already significantly reduced at bus stops with both heavy boarding and alighting activities, where alighting pax from the staircase always block boarding pax moving into the bus.

10,070 posts since Dec '06
    • Being awhile since SMRT has announced svc that is gonna be WAB. Am guessing 180 856 & 964 would be next in the list

22 posts since Mar '17

in the first place, commuters are not supposed to start queuing at the upper deck or stairs before the bus stops. it is very dangerous.

the 2nd stairs design is forward facing, making it very dangerous for commuters standing on the stairs in the event BC jam brake.

2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • It has been 4 months since SBS Transit launched wheelchair accessible buses on 193,

And 2 months since SMRT launched wheelchair accessible buses on 302, 800, 812, 903, 912, 913, 960 and 962.

The next round of wheelchair accessible buses should be launched soon.

1,107 posts since Aug '07
    • Am guessing that SMRT is the next in line. There is no more SBST services as SBS is the "best in BCM" matters.

• Best?Hahaha you made me laugh..Its all about personal preferences and cost and they're the old timers here with influence shareholders..Remember how they spoilt the market by bidding only 480m for 26 bus routes?

184 is not about dwelling times or the routes..Its about the number of DDs that KJ have now.In future you will definitely see DDs once the new A95 start coming in and the retiring of those O405Gs.SMRT runtime is infact better than SBST currently.

Edited by carbikebus 10 Jun `17, 10:10PM
    • If you ask me what's the future for BCM particularly the 2 foreign operators,You will know the answers if LTA awarded Bt Merah again to SBST.No need to talk about experience because those two operators are new to SG.

I would prefer this in future

SBST:Jurong West/Woodlands/Hougang-Sengkang/Tampines/Seletar/Clementi 

SMRT:Bt Merah/Yishun-Sembawang/Serangoon-Eunos

TTS:Bulim/Loyang/Bishan-Toa Payoh

GAS or new operator:Bedok/Choa Chu Kang-Bt Panjang 

Please Login or Signup to reply.