20 Nov, 09:30PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Terminal, Interchanges & Depots

Subscribe to Bus Terminal, Interchanges & Depots 2,005 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB128B, I am saying he is not the right type of people which means he is not involved in the authorities who made decisions to introduce bus services or mrt routes. Peace to all. Cheers. Thanks.

      Aha.

      So you are saying, only those white collar degree holder can plan, coz they smart! Coz they "know what's best"!

      But who are the ones taking PT! Who are the ones crowded in MRT sardine cans, coz everyone is forced into one single path without any alternatives! Who are the ones waiting under the blazing sun for the bus that never comes because the route is so damn long the bus gets delayed!

      Not them! They just speed on expy in their sports car and drink coffee, enjot scenery! Go to office, take google map and draw some lines , call it a successful plan! They rarely go down to the ground, do some check! Woes of crowding on MRT that breaks down all the fuckin time!

      And you are backing these elitist mindsets, despising the general masses as being " not right"! What kind of talk is this!

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,291 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Aha.

      So you are saying, only those white collar degree holder can plan, coz they smart! Coz they "know what's best"!

      But who are the ones taking PT! Who are the ones crowded in MRT sardine cans, coz everyone is forced into one single path without any alternatives! Who are the ones waiting under the blazing sun for the bus that never comes because the route is so damn long the bus gets delayed!

      Not them! They just speed on expy in their sports car and drink coffee, enjot scenery! Go to office, take google map and draw some lines , call it a successful plan! They rarely go down to the ground, do some check! Woes of crowding on MRT that breaks down all the fuckin time!

      And you are backing these elitist mindsets, despising the general masses as being " not right"! What kind of talk is this!

      Happen everywhere,The lowly worker does the job,the upper smart aleck earn the reward..

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Happen everywhere,The lowly worker does the job,the upper smart aleck earn the reward..

      And these "lowly workers" always dont have a say, and even called being "not the right type of person" to voice for change... 

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Aha.

      So you are saying, only those white collar degree holder can plan, coz they smart! Coz they "know what's best"!

      But who are the ones taking PT! Who are the ones crowded in MRT sardine cans, coz everyone is forced into one single path without any alternatives! Who are the ones waiting under the blazing sun for the bus that never comes because the route is so damn long the bus gets delayed!

      Not them! They just speed on expy in their sports car and drink coffee, enjot scenery! Go to office, take google map and draw some lines , call it a successful plan! They rarely go down to the ground, do some check! Woes of crowding on MRT that breaks down all the fuckin time!

      And you are backing these elitist mindsets, despising the general masses as being " not right"! What kind of talk is this!

      Hi mr SMB128B, stop protraying me as one of those backers of elitist mindsets. I am just a normal citizen and I just want to voice out that we cannot do anything. This happens everywhere. Cheers. Thanks. 

  • proudtobeme's Avatar
    470 posts since Jan '15
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB128B, stop protraying me as one of those backers of elitist mindsets. I am just a normal citizen and I just want to voice out that we cannot do anything. This happens everywhere. Cheers. Thanks. 

      hi my friend. r u going thru some problem. i c nowdays u fight with everyone on the forum. and i don like wen other peop give their opinion, u tell them how wrong they r. i not going to say this but i am coz i stop giving route suggestion and opinion fearing u will slam me and tell this is not possible.

      same for interchange terminal i think array has valid point but u talk abt 2030 mrt network which is 14 year from now. i dun know why u become so negative sudden. let keep this forum open for all to voice their opinion and not keep correcting. appreciate other peop view point. i hope as a friend i can tel u this.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by proudtobeme:

      hi my friend. r u going thru some problem. i c nowdays u fight with everyone on the forum. and i don like wen other peop give their opinion, u tell them how wrong they r. i not going to say this but i am coz i stop giving route suggestion and opinion fearing u will slam me and tell this is not possible.

      same for interchange terminal i think array has valid point but u talk abt 2030 mrt network which is 14 year from now. i dun know why u become so negative sudden. let keep this forum open for all to voice their opinion and not keep correcting. appreciate other peop view point. i hope as a friend i can tel u this.

      Hi mr proudtobeme, no worries. I will be optimistic from now on. Cheers. Thanks.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,291 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      And these "lowly workers" always dont have a say, and even called being "not the right type of person" to voice for change... 

      Agreed,Just because he doesnt possess any degree,diploma or master.

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB128B, stop protraying me as one of those backers of elitist mindsets. I am just a normal citizen and I just want to voice out that we cannot do anything. This happens everywhere. Cheers. Thanks. 

      Prove you are not then. 

      Take back your comment saying "we do not belong to the right people".

    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB128B, I am also furious that they make the Thomson Marine parade line like this. So many stops in Marine parade area. But what can I do? However I believe many people staying in Marine parade are waiting for this mrt line and ditch the buses when time comes. For those who have alternatives, they will surely take the MRT. It is not that I want to offend people but this will be the truth one day. Sorry if I offend anybody staying in marine parade in this forum. Cheers. Thanks.

      Precisely due to its stops density being so high. Ought we provide alternatives that are faster for those in the further end?

      And not everyone likes to change here and there between lines you know. In fact, given the nature of train transfer now majority would obviously favour a direct, express bus over trains. 

      The reason why buses appear unappealing now is because LTA made it as such. They arent doing anything to modify the trunks and making them more suitable for point-to-point travel! Instead of trunks doing the role of being a "street service" the feeders and shorter regional trunks should be! 

      Allow me to rehash an old narrative, but This is no longer the 80's! Where money > time! Nowadays people are more willing to use money to save time, because time IS money!

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Prove you are not then. 

      Take back your comment saying "we do not belong to the right people".

      Hi mr SMB128B, nothing to prove. I just voice my opinion. That's all. Cheers. Thanks. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,291 posts since Nov '03
  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Relax la,Why so serious?This is just a bus forum only..Not a debate forum.

      Hi mr carbikebus, true. Noted. Cheers. Thanks.

  • TIB868X's Avatar
    1,512 posts since Aug '11
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB128B, I did not say terminate all bus services. What I mean is in singapore, mrt is the main mode of transport to go with. Buses will always play a complmentary role for those places where MRT cannot reach. So don't speak of words with such a tone that I say eliminate all buses. Cheers. Thanks.

      By 'complementary' do you mean the importance of buses will be secondary to trains? I am curious if you prefer transfers between several different train lines or trains and buses (eg bus-train-bus) to direct buses.

  • SBS7557R's Avatar
    5,328 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Precisely due to its stops density being so high. Ought we provide alternatives that are faster for those in the further end?

      And not everyone likes to change here and there between lines you know. In fact, given the nature of train transfer now majority would obviously favour a direct, express bus over trains. 

      The reason why buses appear unappealing now is because LTA made it as such. They arent doing anything to modify the trunks and making them more suitable for point-to-point travel! Instead of trunks doing the role of being a "street service" the feeders and shorter regional trunks should be! 

      Allow me to rehash an old narrative, but This is no longer the 80's! Where money > time! Nowadays people are more willing to use money to save time, because time IS money!

      It's easy to suggest that trunk services should become more express in nature because most stops along existing trunk services are quite heavily utilized by commuters, even though it is agreed that certain trunk services are really too long in nature and can be splitted up.

      If feeders/shorter regional trunks were to be introduced, wouldn't that mean more transfers for commuters who reside near bus stops in which the trunk services are adjusted to skip the stops, and commuters will have to take the feeder/inter-town trunk to transfer to the semi-express trunk. This would make it no different from using the train instead, since commuters would probably have to transfer about the same number of times regardless of taking the bus or train to their destinations rather than a direct bus.

      With that being said, the Fast Forward concept introduced by SBST in 2005 is a more economical solution that can provide faster services for commuters while not compromising necessary connections for existing trunk services and can be implemented for more trunk services to reduce travel time.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by TIB868X:

      By 'complementary' do you mean the importance of buses will be secondary to trains? I am curious if you prefer transfers between several different train lines or trains and buses (eg bus-train-bus) to direct buses.

      Hi mr TIB868X, I am a strong advocate of direct bus services. I prefer 1 bus direct instead of multiple transfers. Even if the direct sbs 85 takes me a few more minutes to Khatib mrt rather than 83 transfer to 965, I will take sbs 85. I don't like transfers as it incurs extra waiting time. Cheers. Thanks. 

      Edited by dupdup77 14 Jan `16, 10:06PM
  • TIB868X's Avatar
    1,512 posts since Aug '11
    • I must say that a root cause of seemingly 'winding' services is that there are far too many bus stops. Sometimes it is not that the bus service is long and winding but rather it is perceived to be so due to excessive amount of stops. We can't have a for a few blocks along the same stretch of road. Singaporeans are too pampered. Maybe they should walk a little bit more.

  • AJQZC's Avatar
    1,021 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by TIB868X:

      I must say that a root cause of seemingly 'winding' services is that there are far too many bus stops. Sometimes it is not that the bus service is long and winding but rather it is perceived to be so due to excessive amount of stops. We can't have a for a few blocks along the same stretch of road. Singaporeans are too pampered. Maybe they should walk a little bit more.

      The hot climate is partly to blame, really. Most Singaporeans wouldn't want to walk under the hot midday sun, if given a choice. So complaints are made, and then bus stop intervals become smaller.

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by SBS7557R:

      It's easy to suggest that trunk services should become more express in nature because most stops along existing trunk services are quite heavily utilized by commuters, even though it is agreed that certain trunk services are really too long in nature and can be splitted up.

      If feeders/shorter regional trunks were to be introduced, wouldn't that mean more transfers for commuters who reside near bus stops in which the trunk services are adjusted to skip the stops, and commuters will have to take the feeder/inter-town trunk to transfer to the semi-express trunk. This would make it no different from using the train instead, since commuters would probably have to transfer about the same number of times regardless of taking the bus or train to their destinations rather than a direct bus.

      With that being said, the Fast Forward concept introduced by SBST in 2005 is a more economical solution that can provide faster services for commuters while not compromising necessary connections for existing trunk services and can be implemented for more trunk services to reduce travel time.

      But MRT lines are still peppered with stops...

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,252 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      The hot climate is partly to blame, really. Most Singaporeans wouldn't want to walk under the hot midday sun, if given a choice. So complaints are made, and then bus stop intervals become smaller.

      Our weather is weird, we would need a network of shelters to link to the nearest bus stop, interchange or MRT stations.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,088 posts since Mar '04
    • I am in favour of converting some long-distance trunk routes to limited-stop ones, similar to those in Perth.

  • proudtobeme's Avatar
    470 posts since Jan '15
  • TIB429E's Avatar
    1,549 posts since Dec '13
    • Maybe LTA should have considered a small bus park directly opposite the upcoming Wdl Temp Int, got a feeling it's gonna be haywire during peak hours with those NP/NYP shuttle buses also..

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,291 posts since Nov '03
    • OT:Any idea where is the train depot for future Jurong Region and Cross Island Line?Any guess?

    • Originally posted by TIB429E:

      Maybe LTA should have considered a small bus park directly opposite the upcoming Wdl Temp Int, got a feeling it's gonna be haywire during peak hours with those NP/NYP shuttle buses also..

      Hmm,Like that might as well extend the temp Int by another 10 lots..

    • Originally posted by proudtobeme:

      why smrt bus no park in marina center ter? they still park roadside.

      Thats what im thinking too,Its better to park inside the new terminal,much safer.

Please Login or Signup to reply.