21 Nov, 01:31AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Terminal, Interchanges & Depots

Subscribe to Bus Terminal, Interchanges & Depots 2,005 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    421 posts since Oct '06
    • I wonder if CBP will fall under Loyang depot or Bedok North depot... 

If Loyang depot goes to a new operator, and CBP falls under Bedok North depot, then svc 17 will be operated by the new company and it will be sensible for SBST to renumber 17A and extend it to CBP. (Then 17 and 17A will become 2 routes under 2 competiting companies, which can be a good thing for commuters in Bedok North.)

If CBP falls under Bedok North depot (SBST), I guess svc 48 will be extended to CBP too.

If CBP is just for private buses and shuttles, then I will be disappointed.

88 posts since Nov '15
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

I wonder if CBP will fall under Loyang depot or Bedok North depot... 

If Loyang depot goes to a new operator, and CBP falls under Bedok North depot, then svc 17 will be operated by the new company and it will be sensible for SBST to renumber 17A and extend it to CBP. (Then 17 and 17A will become 2 routes under 2 competiting companies, which can be a good thing for commuters in Bedok North.)

If CBP falls under Bedok North depot (SBST), I guess svc 48 will be extended to CBP too.

If CBP is just for private buses and shuttles, then I will be disappointed.

won't be just private n shuttle... confirm at least no. 20 will go there

Edited by SBS3975T 23 Nov `15, 3:13PM
    6,442 posts since Aug '07
    • speaking of changi business park bus terminal,

traffic lights at that junction have been commissioned since monday    

Commissioning of signalised junction at Changi South Avenue 1

Road Announcements
      17 Nov 2015

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be commissioning the signalised junction at Changi South Avenue 1 by Changi Business Park Bus Terminal on Monday, 23 November 2015 at 10:30a.m.

Please refer to the attached map for more details.

Motorists are advised to drive carefully when approaching the traffic signals and to observe the traffic signal indications. Auxiliary police officers will be deployed at the location to guide motorists.

Edited by azharjj 25 Nov `15, 8:27PM
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by azharjj:

speaking of changi business park bus terminal,

traffic lights at that junction have been commissioned since monday    

Commissioning of signalised junction at Changi South Avenue 1

Road Announcements
      17 Nov 2015

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be commissioning the signalised junction at Changi South Avenue 1 by Changi Business Park Bus Terminal on Monday, 23 November 2015 at 10:30a.m.

Please refer to the attached map for more details.

Motorists are advised to drive carefully when approaching the traffic signals and to observe the traffic signal indications. Auxiliary police officers will be deployed at the location to guide motorists.

Great. Q1 we will see some new routes in the East. 

352 posts since Sep '15
    • I suspect CBP Terminal will not be Loyang depot.

This is because so far the only existing service likely to terminate there will be no. 20. And 20 was not placed into Loyang depot.

If CBP does turn out to be Loyang Depot, though, then likely that out of the "3 new services" in the Loyang package, most if not all will be CBP.  Under this situation, then the speculated Punggol-CBP service is likely.

2,471 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by CB2883J:

I suspect CBP Terminal will not be Loyang depot.

This is because so far the only existing service likely to terminate there will be no. 20. And 20 was not placed into Loyang depot.

If CBP does turn out to be Loyang Depot, though, then likely that out of the "3 new services" in the Loyang package, most if not all will be CBP.  Under this situation, then the speculated Punggol-CBP service is likely.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/data/apps/news/press/2015/20150415_Bus_package_Loyang_Annex.pdf

If you read the notes in the box, 3 upcoming services are part of the 2nd Govt Bus Package...

Will this 3 services be staring from either the three terminals?

IIRC, there had been a discussion about the proposed service 357... Not sure about the other two services.

9,342 posts since Dec '04
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by SBS 9256 X:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/data/apps/news/press/2015/20150415_Bus_package_Loyang_Annex.pdf

If you read the notes in the box, 3 upcoming services are part of the 2nd Govt Bus Package...

Will this 3 services be staring from either the three terminals?

IIRC, there had been a discussion about the proposed service 357... Not sure about the other two services.

Hi mr SBS9256X, 3 new services. 2 from Punggol. 1 from pasir ris. 

1 trunk service from Punggol -Dec 2015

1 feeder service from pasir ris -mar 2016

1 feeder service from Punggol - Jun 2016

Just in time for the handover. 

Cheers. Thanks.

• Originally posted by dupdup77:

Cheers. Thanks.

source?

3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

source?

From my own observance of things happening and number of flats and condos coming up in these 2 towns. Cheers. Thanks.

470 posts since Jan '15
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

Cheers. Thanks.

no pgl-changi biz park serv. i think 1 more trunk for pgl.

20,291 posts since Nov '03
    • For now we can see 3 operators at Bedok ITH:66(TT),854(SMRTB) & SBST and Changi Airport PTB:34/36(GA),858(SMRTB) & SBST

6,442 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

For now we can see 3 operators at Bedok ITH:66(TT),854(SMRTB) & SBST and Changi Airport PTB:34/36(GA),858(SMRTB) & SBST

u forgot 17 (Go-ahead) at bedok int (i mentioned this at the another thread)

• Originally posted by azharjj:

u forgot 17 (Go-ahead) at bedok int (i mentioned this at the another thread)

And Tampines too:3(GA),67 & 969(SMRTB)

88 posts since Nov '15
    633 posts since Jun '07
    • But 117 from Punggol to Sembawang very far from Loyang depot leh... Dunno whether LTA will allow dual depot control in future, for same operator. If all svcs single depot control, there will be alot of dead mileage.

796 posts since Jul '09
    • Actually, now is the best time to create a new thread each for Changi-Business-Park bus terminal and the temporary Woodlands-Regional bus interchange, since they are opening in around one to three months' time and a thread would only expire if there is no activity within three months.

I feel that we should have independent threads for individual bus interchanges and terminals. It would be easier to find information and we can have more robust discussions as there would be less repetition of the same information (or topic) discussed.

If everyone is agreeable, I hope someone can create the thread. It would be good if it is someone who stays near the bus interchange or terminal, has some knowledge about it and is enthusiastic in writing about it.

• Will see how they plan in future..CBP under Loyang make more sense than Punggol.

For Bulim there is no need for 96 and Clementi feeders.They can tender Boon Lay svc suchs as 174,194,198 and 199 instead.

Loyang can take CBP and a few of Tampines svc instead and leave out Punggol.

• Originally posted by jurongresident:

Actually, now is the best time to create a new thread each for Changi-Business-Park bus terminal and the temporary Woodlands-Regional bus interchange, since they are opening in around one to three months' time and a thread would only expire if there is no activity within three months.

I feel that we should have independent threads for individual bus interchanges and terminals. It would be easier to find information and we can have more robust discussions as there would be less repetition of the same information (or topic) discussed.

If everyone is agreeable, I hope someone can create the thread. It would be good if it is someone who stays near the bus interchange or terminal, has some knowledge about it and is enthusiastic in writing about it.

I DONT think so. It is better to consolidate in one rather than having multiple threads. Many times before threads have been started and they die off soon. The only reason Joo Koon thread remained live for so long is because you kept it live. Many times you would just post repeating same info just to keep it live. Isn't that true?

So Please don't. Thank you.

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

Will see how they plan in future..CBP under Loyang make more sense than Punggol.

For Bulim there is no need for 96 and Clementi feeders.They can tender Boon Lay svc suchs as 174,194,198 and 199 instead.

Loyang can take CBP and a few of Tampines svc instead and leave out Punggol.

East has BNDEP also. NEL only has HGDEP. HGDEP already bursting. If Punggol doesnt go to Loyang, need to make a depot on NEL side to support HGDEP. 

2,471 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

East has BNDEP also. NEL only has HGDEP. HGDEP already bursting. If Punggol doesnt go to Loyang, need to make a depot on NEL side to support HGDEP. 

AMDEP - No replacement Depot or the Sungei Seletar Package
      BRBP - Should not have any issue with deployment here
      BNDEP - Too overpack liao... CGBP cannot accomodate. Wait for the new depot within Tanah Merah Depot
      HGDEP - Over packed liao... Maybe waiting the Kim Chuan Depot
      BBDEP - Wait for Svc 96, 282, 284, 285 to move to BUDEP
      ARBP - May be replaced by BBDEP
      SLBP - Wait for the other services that within the package to BUDEP.

• Cgdep will be Bndep/Cgbp replacement near SMRT Changi depot.

LTA says some depots will be retained.I feel there is plans for depot near Northeast beside Kim Chuan and 1 more for Arbp replacement in future.

796 posts since Jul '09
    • Originally posted by Mith252:

"

Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange

Just checked the BCA TOP approved list. Looks like it has been give the TOP. I guess it could be opening soon.

TOP status of Woodlands Temp Bus Int by w3015r, on Flickr

"

Edited by jurongresident 04 Dec `15, 1:13PM
    • Originally posted by jurongresident:
      Originally posted by Mith252:

"

Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange

Just checked the BCA TOP approved list. Looks like it has been give the TOP. I guess it could be opening soon.

TOP status of Woodlands Temp Bus Int by w3015r, on Flickr

"

Location is 3A woodlands Square. Need to map it and see. Hopefully not far from MRT.

Please Login or Signup to reply.