82,321 posts since Feb '08
    901 posts since Nov '15
    1,078 posts since Mar '16
  • EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    82,321 posts since Feb '08
    10,384 posts since May '12
    3,031 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Seems like LTA wants Clementines to use 147 to China town.

Hi mr busanalyser, MRT for those who wants faster journey or 147 for those who prefers direct bus and does not like transfer. Cheers. Thanks.

Edited by dupdup77 10 Jan `17, 9:37AM
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • I'd rather take 147 as it charges normal fares. As for AMK folks they have 166 and 851 so CT8 isn't exactly much needed.

2,471 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by iveco:

I'd rather take 147 as it charges normal fares. As for AMK folks they have 166 and 851 so CT8 isn't exactly much needed.

I would defer to that. CT8 is a good service for passengers staying along Ang Mo Kio Ave 9/Ave 4 stretch & Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 stretch.

I boarded the bus before. The bus was packed when it reached Ang Mo Kio MRT Station bus stop towards Chinatown. By the time it reached Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, it is full load till the entrance door.

As such, Svc 166, Svc 851 & CT8 served the Ang Mo Kio residents differently but useful services.

10,384 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SBS 9256 X:

I would defer to that. CT8 is a good service for passengers staying along Ang Mo Kio Ave 9/Ave 4 stretch & Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 stretch.

I boarded the bus before. The bus was packed when it reached Ang Mo Kio MRT Station bus stop towards Chinatown. By the time it reached Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, it is full load till the entrance door.

As such, Svc 166, Svc 851 & CT8 served the Ang Mo Kio residents differently but useful services.

Agree. Out of the three CT services, CT28 always had poor loading and CT8 always has good loading. CT18 is somewhere in the middle.

451 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Agree. Out of the three CT services, CT28 always had poor loading and CT8 always has good loading. CT18 is somewhere in the middle.

Yes, and also the residents and the coverage of the town by the service affects the service loading. Last year when i exchanged a few words with the BC on CT28, he said the residents of clementi does not comprise mostly elderly, and the way it is routed in clementi affects the no. of ppl who takes it. Maybe it could hav been extended to other areas? Just like CT18 which (if im not mistaken) has a small pool of pax coming frm eunos (jln eunos area b4 the highway)

1,917 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by CZT:

Yes, and also the residents and the coverage of the town by the service affects the service loading. Last year when i exchanged a few words with the BC on CT28, he said the residents of clementi does not comprise mostly elderly, and the way it is routed in clementi affects the no. of ppl who takes it. Maybe it could hav been extended to other areas? Just like CT18 which (if im not mistaken) has a small pool of pax coming frm eunos (jln eunos area b4 the highway)

CT28 could have served West Coast N5,6,7 instead. More elderly there.

451 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:

Well, maybe what u said could be true. But too bad, its withdrawn, no way LTA can operate it again

Hi mr sbs6750E, how about service 143 for them? Journey a bit long but still bearable? Cheers. Thanks.

1,917 posts since May '15

Well, maybe what u said could be true. But too bad, its withdrawn, no way LTA can operate it again

They could even extended CT28 to Teban Gdns if they wanted.

1,002 posts since Feb '05
    • Hillion will open on Feb 24. So is BPITH

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/90-of-retail-space-at-upcoming-bukit-panjang-mall-taken-up/3314718.html

Edited by phillipC 10 Jan `17, 10:16PM
    1,011 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by phillipC:

Hillion will open on Feb 24. So is BPITH

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/90-of-retail-space-at-upcoming-bukit-panjang-mall-taken-up/3314718.html

Insider info? Your source doesn't explicitly mention any opening date.

• Originally posted by phillipC:

Hillion will open on Feb 24. So is BPITH

Hi mr philipC, if this is true, it will be a gross injustice to Sengkang residents. How could Sengkang extension interchange be opened later than Bukit panjang interchange when Sengkang compassvale is completed months earlier than Bukit panjang and hillion mall? Cheers. Thanks.

1,002 posts since Feb '05
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

Insider info? Your source doesn't explicitly mention any opening date.

Shin Ming Daily 10th Jan 2017. No insider news, is illegal in SGX

17,056 posts since Mar '04

They made it loop at the end of Clementi Av 4 together with 284, passing through Commonwealth Av West, Clementi Av 2 & 5 en route. Should have started from Clementi interchange, follow 282 route to West Coast, then 201 route to Kent Ridge before hitting the expressway.

Edited by iveco 11 Jan `17, 2:11AM

Jln Eunos Blk 311 i suppose. they also have 61 and 63. next time also got DTL3.

Edited by iveco 11 Jan `17, 2:18AM
Please Login or Signup to reply.