17 Aug, 02:08PM in sunny Singapore!

Press Releases

Subscribe to Press Releases 865 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,485 posts since Nov '03
    • Off topic,I keep on hearing Busway and Woodlands Transport for Seletar😂Wth

      700A withdrawn meaning to create space at BPJ as to facilitate more mealbreaks at Shenton Way

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    2,999 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by SMB5007J:

       

      Hi mr SMB5007J, do you have the links for the rest besides 555? I went to search but only saw 555 in Sbs transit website. Cheers. Thanks

    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Off topic,I keep on hearing Busway and Woodlands Transport for Seletar😂Wth

      700A withdrawn meaning to create space at BPJ as to facilitate more mealbreaks at Shenton Way

      Hi mr carbikebus, woodlands transport? This company can automatically stop a service for whole day when one bus is spoilt. They are unable to replace it. They also have missing timings for the service. This is live example from Punggol plaza free shuttle bus. Cheers. Thanks.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,485 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr carbikebus, woodlands transport? This company can automatically stop a service for whole day when one bus is spoilt. They are unable to replace it. They also have missing timings for the service. This is live example from Punggol plaza free shuttle bus. Cheers. Thanks.

      Just heard only

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    975 posts since Mar '16
  • EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    QX179R's Avatar
    81,253 posts since Feb '08
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    9,786 posts since Jun '10
  • EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    QX179R's Avatar
    81,253 posts since Feb '08
  • dupdup77's Avatar
    2,999 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      31 March 2017:

      • 555: Withdrawn.
      • 700A: Withdrawn.
      • 979: Diverted via Stagmont Ring
      • 979M: Merged with 979 and withdrawn.

      This is due to the Downtown Line Rationalisation.

      Hi mr TPS Timothy mok, if you do not have the link for 700A, 979 and 979M, try to put under the DTL rationalisation thread. Please don't put in press release as there is no official 100% confirmed news release yet. This may mislead others. Cheers. Thanks.

  • hgdep103's Avatar
    310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr TPS Timothy mok, if you do not have the link for 700A, 979 and 979M, try to put under the DTL rationalisation thread. Please don't put in press release as there is no official 100% confirmed news release yet. This may mislead others. Cheers. Thanks.

      very obvious hes bullshitting as always

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    2,999 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      very obvious hes bullshitting as always

      Hi mr hgdep103, I was taken in for quite a while by his postings as it looks real since it was posted in this thread. Cheers. Thanks.

      Edited by dupdup77 22 Mar `17, 7:50AM
  • TIB987K's Avatar
    1,752 posts since Oct '12
  • Sbeesg's Avatar
    6 posts since Oct '14
  • array88's Avatar
    1,305 posts since May '14
    • Extended Tanah Merah Coast Road to open on 22 April 2017

      https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=51d0aa5f-99e0-46af-95d4-dd0c329bff74

       

      In conjunction with the new road’s opening, Bus Service 35 which currently plies Changi Coast Road will be rerouted along the new road. Two pairs of new bus stops serving Changi Lodge 2 and Changi Naval Base will be opened.

      Edited by array88 27 Mar `17, 8:09PM
  • EMERGENCY AMBULANCE
    QX179R's Avatar
    81,253 posts since Feb '08
  • azharjj's Avatar
    6,403 posts since Aug '07
  • SBS 9256 X's Avatar
    2,467 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by azharjj:

      I wonder whether other services will divert or not (marine parade rd)

      if not then maybe the joo chiat rd that part is the only one that is affected i think

      If the rest follow suits, then there will be a big chaotic jam along East Coast Road. At the same time, maybe possible that passengers will complain to far to board the buses along East Coast Road

  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    9,786 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by QX179R:

      When I first read the title, I thought that service 16 is going to amend back to the roads in Stadium...and I originally thought that service 16 would get DDs (depending on the load) until I read the words 'temporary'...

    • Originally posted by azharjj:

      I wonder whether other services will divert or not (marine parade rd)

      if not then maybe the joo chiat rd that part is the only one that is affected i think

      Before we consider whether the other services would be diverted, there was one key preliminary issue to be considered: how would the services be affected?

      Marine Parade Station was just opposite Parkway Parade as well as the Marine Parade neighbourhood. The diversion (as per what you referred to), regardless of where it goes, would effectively mean that the crucial bus stops opposite/before Parkway Parade would be skipped. In my view, it would not be a practical option to divert them away from Parkway Parade simply because it would cause inconvenience to passengers.

      The diversion would also cause the loops of services 15, 47 and 966 to become redundant (in fact, it is impossible to amend 47 for the purpose of diversion since it cannot ply the temporarily closed Joo Chiat Road). Put simply, there is no other better routings for these three services other than to remain in their current state. Therefore, I personally do not think that the services would be amended to skip Parkway Parade area.

      Edited by Gus.chong 27 Mar `17, 11:27PM
  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,014 posts since Mar '16
    • Imagine next time when they build the Jurong Region Line.

      Jurong West Street 64, 75 and 82 can be diverted one lane to the left and one lane to the right, to create space at the middle for the viaduct.

      The curve area of Jurong West Street 75, next to Jalan Bahar Heavy Vehicle Park, may require more than two lanes of space during construction. I foresee that this section may be temporarily closed during construction, and bus routes 181, 243, 258 and 502 would have to be temporarily diverted to Jurong West Street 73 for around 2 years.

  • array88's Avatar
    1,305 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:

      When I first read the title, I thought that service 16 is going to amend back to the roads in Stadium...and I originally thought that service 16 would get DDs (depending on the load) until I read the words 'temporary'...

      Is the stretch of Joo Chiat Rd between Dunman Rd and East Coast Rd suitable for DDs?

Please Login or Signup to reply.