25 Nov, 11:52AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Observations

Subscribe to Bus Observations 2,003 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • CZT's Avatar
    497 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by SMB42P:

      But the problem is that since it doesnt seem to be the case of adjustment of timing due to front bus no jalan/breakdown, why did it even leave the int ahead of schedule?

      *this info may be wrong

      from what i observed previously, 969 has always been departing tamp by abt 3-5 min late frm their scheduled timing as reflecting on the info board in the int (eg the board says 1757, but bus only comes at 1802). Of course the timing at the info board by not coincide with the actual schedules, but if it is, then i can dare say they have been doing so vry frequently during peak hrs

      Edited by CZT 09 Sep `17, 8:28AM
  • SMB42P's Avatar
    5,336 posts since Jan '12
    • Originally posted by CZT:

      *this info may be wrong

      from what i observed previously, 969 has always been departing tamp by abt 3-5 min late frm their scheduled timing as reflecting on the info board in the int (eg the board says 1757, but bus only comes at 1802). Of course the timing at the info board by not coincide with the actual schedules, but if it is, then i can dare say they have been doing so vry frequently during peak hrs

      Based on what I observed at CCK, timing on the board is 2 mins later than scheduled departure time (E.g. Bus schedule to leave at 1800hrs but board will write 1802hrs)...

  • Waynechew1003's Avatar
    155 posts since Apr '17
    • Tower transit wish you a pleasant journey can be seen after route display. Saw it on 106

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Problem lies with commuters who always like to complain why freq so long,why so crowded etc..Now LTA gao gao add so many buses and this is the results.Example is 969...From 14 buses(Majority SD) to 16,Then 17 to 18..After few months jump to 20..Until now 29 buses for AM and 27 for PM..Expressway have to drive 35-45kmh..

      More like the problem lies with the DDU itself...

      No DDU, no problems...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      More like the problem lies with the DDU itself...

      No DDU, no problems...

      DDU 90% accurate and BOCC can play the BC itself by key in blue colour so BC will slow down..Happens to me many times

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,965 posts since Sep '14
  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      DDU 90% accurate and BOCC can play the BC itself by key in blue colour so BC will slow down..Happens to me many times

      The thing abt this DDU nonsense is that it works on a basis of headway, not schedule... this is problematic since it affects buses that would not have otherwise been in control of circumstances of buses before 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Today 858 got back to back bendy slots...3 bendy in less than 20mins

    • 34 continue to have high loadings,Svc 3 DDs today quite well utilise..Upper deck half full,lower deck with standees near to front door.83,85 all shit loadings also need full DDs..

    • 2 units of A24 @ Liannex,Unsure if bodywork repairs or lush green spray

  • Lovinsgbuses's Avatar
    30 posts since Jul '17
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      2 units of A24 @ Liannex,Unsure if bodywork repairs or lush green spray

      New units or SMB ones? 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Lovinsgbuses:

      New units or SMB ones? 

      SMB ones le....I only know 8008L had quite badly dented body in the middle

  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,093 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      SMB ones le....I only know 8008L had quite badly dented body in the middle

      Or maybe go paste ad.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      Or maybe go paste ad.

      Ask you something bro,Since your nickname is AntiDennis Lance,Do you hate ADL as well?

  • Lovinsgbuses's Avatar
    30 posts since Jul '17
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      SMB ones le....I only know 8008L had quite badly dented body in the middle

      Makes sense. Haven't seen 8008 for a few weeks alr

      Tink they're gonna start respraying soon too, it's abt time since the 2 foreign ops alr finished repainting their buses 

  • A22 fan's Avatar
    170 posts since Jul '17
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,093 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Ask you something bro,Since your nickname is AntiDennis Lance,Do you hate ADL as well?

      No, specifically only the Lances. I'm okay with E500 or Tridents or Darts.

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      I think 912 operate with 4-5 buses,912A with 8 buses and 912B with 5-6 buses.


      912 4 buses 912A and B each have 7 buses

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      912 4 buses 912A and B each have 7 buses

      Think 912A got 8 while 912B got 6

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Think 912A got 8 while 912B got 6


      Ytd 7 912A spotted. Today i saw 9 spotted 912B ytd 7 today 6. 912 still 4

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,965 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      Ytd 7 912A spotted. Today i saw 9 spotted 912B ytd 7 today 6. 912 still 4

      So far I observed 912B got at least 7 AP duties.. Got at least 3 duties crossover to 912M..

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      So far I observed 912B got at least 7 AP duties.. Got at least 3 duties crossover to 912M..


      no wonder lah sometime there are more, sometime there are less. But shld be got split shift also rite 1139K 912A end shift at 12.50pm, few hrs later on 962

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,965 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      no wonder lah sometime there are more, sometime there are less. But shld be got split shift also rite 1139K 912A end shift at 12.50pm, few hrs later on 962

      Yeah.. At least 3 S1 duties.. Some duties go back depot and change shift..

  • SBS7557R's Avatar
    5,334 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      I think 912 operate with 4-5 buses,912A with 8 buses and 912B with 5-6 buses.

      I noticed that 912A operates with a majority A22 fleet, while 912B is dominated by articulated buses.

      Edited by SBS7557R 16 Sep `17, 12:02AM
Please Login or Signup to reply.