18 Nov, 04:19PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Observations

Subscribe to Bus Observations 1,996 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,126 posts since Mar '16
    • Anyone noticed how the crowds at Serangoon get very long near NEX at night? I took 22 last time it took me about 10 min from the junction just to get to the bus stop, let alone the small bus stop and the constant honkings everywhere

  • SBS7123J's Avatar
    717 posts since Aug '10
    • I notice that a pair of supposedly abandoned bus stops along Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim between Corporation Road and Jalan Boon Lay (last used in 2001 by 182 when it was still a Jurong East - Tuas service) have a scheme B service 645 calling at the pair of bus stops. The shelther on the bus stop towards the direction of Tuas is still there while the bus stop towards the direction of city is left with only the flag.

  • SMB42P's Avatar
    5,320 posts since Jan '12
    • SMB3077U (178-178-16) rear door not working.. all pax have to alight by the front door as well.. somemore happened during the heavy rain in the evening...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,285 posts since Nov '03
  • SBS BUSES LOVER's Avatar
    1,772 posts since Dec '05
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      No LRT at Punggol due to power fault,Free Bridging buses available.

      Resumed alr haha. So was it free passing by bus svc at bus stops  or bridging svc ?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,285 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SBS BUSES LOVER:

      Resumed alr haha. So was it free passing by bus svc at bus stops  or bridging svc ?

      Free bridging buses 

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,126 posts since Mar '16
  • JKYY's Avatar
    62 posts since Oct '17
    • Sorry off topic

       

      But does anyone know why at Newton NSL side got put longer travelling time on EWL between Queenstown and Buona Vista of 10 mins?

       

      I saw it at 9pm just now.

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,126 posts since Mar '16
    • SMB1302H has refreshed announcements like those loud ones in the taros

      Edited by SMB1368T 04 Nov `17, 10:26PM
  • SMB42P's Avatar
    5,320 posts since Jan '12
    • *deleted* >> Refer post below

      Edited by SMB42P 09 Nov `17, 12:54AM
    • Originally posted by SMB42P:

      SMB5Y and SG5164R ez-link meter both not working correctly... SG5164R (961) constantly about 2-3 stops behind actual while SMB5Y (307) keep register bus stop opposite, resulting in the meter going "backwards"...

      Above was posted on 9/10/2017

      SMB5Y GPS still not really working very well..today on 307 the dist meter is like going backwards again... 

      Example: BS 45301 is 5.3km but GPS detect as 1.5km (BS45309), then next stop BS 45299 is 5.5km but GPS detect as 1.2km (BS45291)

      many transfer ppl kena charge extra... SMRT dun wanna fix?

  • SG5064X's Avatar
    345 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by SMB42P:

      Above was posted on 9/10/2017

      SMB5Y GPS still not really working very well..today on 307 the dist meter is like going backwards again... 

      Example: BS 45301 is 5.3km but GPS detect as 1.5km (BS45309), then next stop BS 45299 is 5.5km but GPS detect as 1.2km (BS45291)

      many transfer ppl kena charge extra... SMRT dun wanna fix?

      I faced the same problem when I took one SBST Citaro few months back

    • Originally posted by JKYY:

      Sorry off topic

       

      But does anyone know why at Newton NSL side got put longer travelling time on EWL between Queenstown and Buona Vista of 10 mins?

       

      I saw it at 9pm just now.

      That two line got train or track fault bah...I guessing 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,285 posts since Nov '03
    • Go-Ahead buses getting slower and slower...1st 3 gears all detuned like fark!

      New schedules also reduce rest time as much as 50%!..

  • JKYY's Avatar
    62 posts since Oct '17
    • BUS OBSERVATIONS

      SMB3097L spotted along Punggol Rd at 1412H.

      Edited by JKYY 15 Nov `17, 11:12PM
  • SG5064X's Avatar
    345 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Go-Ahead buses getting slower and slower...1st 3 gears all detuned like fark!

      New schedules also reduce rest time as much as 50%!..

      Why did they even detune the bus in the first place?Detuning the bus affects the reliability of the bus services 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,285 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

      Why did they even detune the bus in the first place?Detuning the bus affects the reliability of the bus services 

      LTA detune the 1st gear for Voith 4 speed and the 1st/2nd gear for ZF 6 speed,More than that is the company.

      1st gear detuned is to prevent Pax from falling/Hitting front vehicle if the BC sudden accelerate.

  • JKYY's Avatar
    62 posts since Oct '17
    • BUS OBSERVATIONS

      SBS7686B was seen with a faulty display on card reader at entrance (plain white screen).

      ~1993rd post on this thread, time for a new one soon :)~

      Edited by JKYY 16 Nov `17, 10:14PM
    • 17/11/17

      BUS OBSERVATIONS

      SMB3097L spotted on 'Off Service' at 1141H along Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 turning right to Ang Mo Kio Ave 8.

      Edited by JKYY 18 Nov `17, 6:48AM
  • phillipC's Avatar
    1,011 posts since Feb '05
    • Tower Transit, SBST and SMRT all involved in the Joon Koon and Tuas Link bus bridging, is Go Ahead involve at all?

  • SBS BUSES LOVER's Avatar
    1,772 posts since Dec '05
    • Originally posted by phillipC:

      Tower Transit, SBST and SMRT all involved in the Joon Koon and Tuas Link bus bridging, is Go Ahead involve at all?

      Nope

Please Login or Signup to reply.