22 Nov, 06:59PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Unusual services have got fleet add in this round.

      svc 75 - 2 rigids added (could they have considered upgrading to DD instead?)

      svc 178 - 2 rigids added (fleet of 20 SDs). This should be to improve frequency but not related to loading, as many times buses get stuck at Woodlands checkpoint.

      svc 700 - 2 bendies converted to DDs. Now operating with 4 DDs.

      svc 852 - 1 SD fleet add to improve frequency

      svc 985 - 2 SDs added (to boost frequency)

       

       

      75 still with 24 duties

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:


      Regarding sv 75, Grange Rd can use DDs meh?

      Sure can. Have seen off-service DD before.

  • hgdep103's Avatar
    310 posts since Sep '16
  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,146 posts since Aug '07
  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,090 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      SMB5044 on 860

      Someone else reported 3607 and 5074 in the cameo thread too.

      It's been a long time coming. 860 was in bad need of HC's.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      SMB5044 on 860

      Finally... after years of recommending it. Would have been better to get in more DVDs than mindlessly have a fleet of 19 buses operating at 02-03 min frequency. 

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,963 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      Someone else reported 3607 and 5074 in the cameo thread too.

      It's been a long time coming. 860 was in bad need of HC's.

      TIB1112L SMB3590D SMB3607R SMB5060D SMB5074P seen on 860 during evening peak hours..

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      TIB1112L SMB3590D SMB3607R SMB5060D SMB5074P seen on 860 during evening peak hours..

      Great news. 

      svc 860 ideal fleet now should be something like 10 DDs, 6 SDs. 16 buses at 03-04 mins frequency is good rather than 19 buses at 02-03 mins frequency that lead to 3-4 buses bunching together.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Great news. 

      svc 860 ideal fleet now should be something like 10 DDs, 6 SDs. 16 buses at 03-04 mins frequency is good rather than 19 buses at 02-03 mins frequency that lead to 3-4 buses bunching together.

      Actually 8 DDs and 8 SDs also okay...9 AM-PM / 4 S1 / 3 S2..

       

  • hgdep103's Avatar
    310 posts since Sep '16
  • sfirenze's Avatar
    165 posts since Sep '16
    • SMB1602U on 851 at 10pm towards YTI completely packed, pax had to tap in at exit door instead.

      i dont understand why no HC if they wanna employ such frequencies, the whole idea of a low frequency SD fleet will NOT work like this

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      121 can use DD?

      I don't think so because of Telok Blangah. SDs okay for 121.

    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      From 23 Jan 2017

       

      Service 103 2SD > 2DD

      You must be a happy man :)

      Any other upgrades expected?

    • Anyone knows how many DDs and bendies on 860 on Friday?

  • hgdep103's Avatar
    310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      You must be a happy man :)

      Any other upgrades expected?

      not really happy with the chance of 2838M getting kicked out icon_lol.gif

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      I don't think so because of Telok Blangah. SDs okay for 121.

      How about 122 then?

    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      From 23 Jan 2017

       

      Service 103 2SD > 2DD

      I predicted 3 but turn out to be 2 only..

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      How about 122 then?

      Commonwealth Dr. 

      But 122 can even do okay with mini buses, don't even need SDs shade.png

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Commonwealth Dr. 

      But 122 can even do okay with mini buses, don't even need SDs shade.png

      120 also doesn't need DD

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,963 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Anyone knows how many DDs and bendies on 860 on Friday?

      SMB3520G SMB3590D SMB3607R SMB5073S SMB5899B

      TIB1112L TIB1241Y

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      not really happy with the chance of 2838M getting kicked out icon_lol.gif


      Later 2838M tio kick out then put on 156 lol.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:


      Later 2838M tio kick out then put on 156 lol.

      2838M redeployed to 156 still good,If redeployed to Kiat Lee there?

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      SMB3520G SMB3590D SMB3607R SMB5073S SMB5899B

      TIB1112L TIB1241Y

      Nice. Any idea how the DDs are doing? 

       

      I hope smrt remains consistent with its DD deployment and doesn't take it away again or reduce number. What they should do is reduce number of buses that they have mindlessly added.

       

      Make it 16 buses with 10 high capacity - good enough. 

       

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      2838M redeployed to 156 still good,If redeployed to Kiat Lee there?


      Don't mind those lovely B10Ms on 156 mah. Treasure those buses with great acceleration.

Please Login or Signup to reply.