22 Nov, 06:56PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Can someone confirm the AM fleet for svc 860 today? Does it still have a high number (80%) of HC buses as observed on Friday? 

2,471 posts since Sep '07
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Can someone confirm the AM fleet for svc 860 today? Does it still have a high number (80%) of HC buses as observed on Friday? 

The only one I saw was the sole SMB 3578 R.. Unless others see other cameo...

• Originally posted by SBS 9256 X:

The only one I saw was the sole SMB 3578 R.. Unless others see other cameo...

860 fleet changes every day. Hopefully SMRT can put some order around it. Only 1 HC bus today?

20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Practice for Yishun residents to go upper deck for short trunks and feeders once new operators take over

2,471 posts since Sep '07

860 fleet changes every day. Hopefully SMRT can put some order around it. Only 1 HC bus today?

I dunno bout AM... PM I saw 4... Two at Int (1 Enviro, 1 Green MAN A95), SMB 3607 R and SMB 3539 D (Suspected). Together with TIB 1023 K

1,963 posts since Sep '14

Can someone confirm the AM fleet for svc 860 today? Does it still have a high number (80%) of HC buses as observed on Friday? 

SG5785Z SMB3533U SMB3607R SMB5888H TIB1233X

• No wonder AMDEP replace 2-3 DD with O405G each on Svc 854 & 969 respectively.Its for svc 860.

• svc 860 fleet today (16 buses)

7 DDs (3533U, 3578P, 3585U, 3607P, 5743U, 5785Z, 5888H)

1 Bendy (1233X)

8 Rigids

* Operating with 50% high capacity fleet

* AM fleet is 16 buses and not 19 buses as previously reported  or on sgwiki. 860A has 06 buses done randomly by 860 fleet. 860 operating with 10 buses. In general, frequency is around 03-04 mins between Yishun and Khatib and 05-06 mins between Khatib and Yishun. 

* 3578P, 3585U, 5888H, 1233X all did one trip 860 and one trip 860A. 

1,090 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

No wonder AMDEP replace 2-3 DD with O405G each on Svc 854 & 969 respectively.Its for svc 860.

At least the O405G's for 854 and 969 are still high capacity buses.

svc 860 fleet today (16 buses)

7 DDs (3533U, 3578P, 3585U, 3607P, 5743U, 5785Z, 5888H)

1 Bendy (1233X)

8 Rigids

* Operating with 50% high capacity fleet

* AM fleet is 16 buses and not 19 buses as previously reported  or on sgwiki. 860A has 06 buses done randomly by 860 fleet. 860 operating with 10 buses. In general, frequency is around 03-04 mins between Yishun and Khatib and 05-06 mins between Khatib and Yishun. 

* 3578P, 3585U, 5888H, 1233X all did one trip 860 and one trip 860A. 

Cut 3 SDs..Good move 

• Now that DDs have been successful on svc 48, I hope SBS can make a fleet change.

Weekdays: 14 SDs, 6 DDs to start with and continue to upgrade as necessary.

Weekends: full DD fleet. Why? A lot of workers/FDWs go to Little India / Rochor area from the BTOs/condos along Marine Parade/Amber/Meyer and each bus is packed to door especially between 0900-1000am. They also head to Newton Food court, Botanic Gardens and Holland Village. DDs will do well on weekends. 

• By the way, can someone confirm if 66 operates with full DD fleet on weekends?

902 posts since Nov '15

By the way, can someone confirm if 66 operates with full DD fleet on weekends?

on sundays full dd fleet

Now that DDs have been successful on svc 48, I hope SBS can make a fleet change.

Weekends: full DD fleet. Why? A lot of workers/FDWs go to Little India / Rochor area from the BTOs/condos along Marine Parade/Amber/Meyer and each bus is packed to door especially between 0900-1000am. They also head to Newton Food court, Botanic Gardens and Holland Village. DDs will do well on weekends. 

Some pax ever say they're giddy taking DD on Benjamin Sheares Bridges hahaha

• LTA can also introduce 36M that start from Siglap Rd-Tomlinson Rd using 4 DD & 3 SD with frequency of 14-22 mins per bus to complement 36.36 can cut 1 bus already.

Those pax can wait for next bus which is SD. No need take DD. I took the DD few times already. No problem going down the slope or up the slope. The BCs seem experienced. 

2,687 posts since Oct '08

Now that DDs have been successful on svc 48, I hope SBS can make a fleet change.

Fleet upgrade probably won't happen so soon, most ARBP BCs are not DD-licensed currently. I'm not very sure about the process of obtaining DD license so it might be not too big a hassle.

Good thing is that there is occasional full day DD cameo from both BN and AR so i reckon there can only be more upgrades coming.

AFAIK, there are 2 perm PRC BC driving 48 DDs. For upslope, not so much of an issue since it's flooring most of the time. The "SG" batch B9TL sounds really good IMO when going upslope.

Downslope can be tricky at times depending on the weather but they practice intermittent braking and there is slight jerking occasionally. Overall, i feel the ride feels smooth.

Of course, you can't please everyone - no DDs, people complain they can't board and no chance of seats, now with DDs people comment they feel giddy. Like what Busanalyzer mention, they are free to wait for the next bus, there are only 2 DDs available in the whole fleet and they do not operate on back to back slots whether it's morning or evening.

• Originally posted by SinkTel:

AFAIK, there are 2 perm PRC BC driving 48 DDs. For upslope, not so much of an issue since it's flooring most of the time. The "SG" batch B9TL sounds really good IMO when going upslope.

Downslope can be tricky at times depending on the weather but they practice intermittent braking and there is slight jerking occasionally. Overall, i feel the ride feels smooth.

Of course, you can't please everyone - no DDs, people complain they can't board and no chance of seats, now with DDs people comment they feel giddy. Like what Busanalyzer mention, they are free to wait for the next bus, there are only 2 DDs available in the whole fleet and they do not operate on back to back slots whether it's morning or evening.

That's some Singaporean commuters for you

• Today got trip i drive from Punggol to Tampines which is fully seated(Citaro svc 3),One Uncle ask me why never deploy DD this timings?I notice from PGL Field to TPE bus stop only 7-8 pax standing and this Uncle alight at TPE bus stop..Just last week he also ask me why deploy DD when the bus is not full..Wakao

Today got trip i drive from Punggol to Tampines which is fully seated(Citaro svc 3),One Uncle ask me why never deploy DD this timings?I notice from PGL Field to TPE bus stop only 7-8 pax standing and this Uncle alight at TPE bus stop..Just last week he also ask me why deploy DD when the bus is not full..Wakao

Ask him move to Hong Kong ... only DD's are available, no SD's.  So he dun need to ask those questions.

• Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

Ask him move to Hong Kong ... only DD's are available, no SD's.  So he dun need to ask those questions.

SD only for fleet restrictions route..Hahaha.A lot of stupid questions asked by those senior citizens..I'm not biased but adult paying fare pax also never make so much fuss compared to them.Sometimes they keep asking whether the bus is Svc 3 so many times..

SD only for fleet restrictions route..Hahaha.A lot of stupid questions asked by those senior citizens..I'm not biased but adult paying fare pax also never make so much fuss compared to them.Sometimes they keep asking whether the bus is Svc 3 so many times..

Skali that Uncle is also a user in this forum, also posting/whining about capacity upgrades/downgrades. Haha!

• Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

Skali that Uncle is also a user in this forum, also posting/whining about capacity upgrades/downgrades. Haha!

That's why some BCs love to drive town svc,Less senior citizens 

Yes nothing against senior citizens, but sometimes they will show as if they are boarding the bus and BC will wait for them and last minute they will decide not to. And sometimes they give weird looks. I call them OPEL (Old People Evil Looks).

Saying the above just for fun. I love our oldies!! 

Please Login or Signup to reply.