22 Nov, 06:55PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Yes nothing against senior citizens, but sometimes they will show as if they are boarding the bus and BC will wait for them and last minute they will decide not to. And sometimes they give weird looks. I call them OPEL (Old People Evil Looks).

Saying the above just for fun. I love our oldies!! 

Best part is when you wait for them to be seated yet they take their own sweet time finding good spot to seat..Just release the brake and they start to seat anywhere,Lol!

3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • All, we will become oldies one day. Let's show some restraint when commenting on them. Cheers. Thanks.

• Originally posted by dupdup77:

All, we will become oldies one day. Let's show some restraint when commenting on them. Cheers. Thanks.

We are not criticising nor prejudice against them but some cases its really too much..You haven't see they scold you by saying mother vxgxnx ah?Happened to my BC friends just because you never wait for them to be seated..

1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

We are not criticising nor prejudice against them but some cases its really too much..You haven't see they scold you by saying mother vxgxnx ah?Happened to my BC friends just because you never wait for them to be seated..

Got 1 old lady inside SBS3125 on 111 called the BC stupid when the bus suddenly jam break. She some more never hold the hand poles leh.

508 posts since Jun '13
    • At least 4 DDs and 1 bendy (1240A) on 860 today [Sat].

Ever since 860 started to use more DDs over the past week, DDs seem to have disappeared again on 851... And many citaros these days not sure whether those are replacing the DDs

Edited by SMB1333T 04 Feb `17, 9:35PM
    1,135 posts since Mar '16
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

1233X is here too, and I believe there were more than 5 DDs around just now

860 have around 6 DDs on almost back to back slots when was passing by ring road today. The actual # DDs could be even higher. 

• Need full fleet DD for svc 28 & 30 ASAP.

They need to convert more SD->DD for svc 5

83 needs to be full fleet SD & not DD. 85 should be only 50% DD fleet. 

5,333 posts since Jan '12

Need full fleet DD for svc 28 & 30 ASAP.

They need to convert more SD->DD for svc 5

83 needs to be full fleet SD & not DD. 85 should be only 50% DD fleet. 

28 still need SD IMO...Freq quite good nowadays and sometimes the SDs also not packed.Maybe can keep 4-5 SDs the most.30 i agreed full DDs.

83 maybe with 6 SDs and 3 DDs should be enough.85 most probably with 9 DDs and 5 SDs will be okay.

• 983 does have a capacity upgrade. SD -> DD conversion.

There are 4 DDs on sv 983 that are operating back to back at 04 minute interval between 1850-19.10 from BPJ MRT (Petir Road stop).

I don't get why SMRT likes to deploy its DDs on back to back slots for short trunks such as 860 and 983. They should instead deploy DD -> SD -> DD -> SD pattern with more spacing for the oncoming DD than the SD. 

Edited by BusAnalayzer 24 Feb `17, 9:48AM

983 does have a capacity upgrade. SD -> DD conversion.

There are 4 DDs on sv 983 that are operating back to back at 04 minute interval between 1850-19.10 from BPJ MRT (Petir Road stop).

I don't get why SMRT likes to deploy its DDs on back to back slots for short trunks such as 960 and 983. They should instead deploy DD -> SD -> DD -> SD pattern with more spacing for the oncoming DD than the SD. 

Agreed with you,Now 983 got 7 SD and 6 DD..

3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • All, I checked through the threads and found this to be the most suitable thread to ask this question. 

I saw another newbie driver on service 83 just now. Does the bus company train people according to their preferences to drive SD or DD? Or do they train people to drive depending on the bus service they deploy to? Meaning if service 83 Is full DD. So they train a bunch of newbies to support 83. Then this bunch of people cannot drive SD. Thus 83 end up always full DD since the same people are rostered to drive service 83. End up 83 cannot have SDs until another set of people came in. Cheers. Thanks.

Edited by dupdup77 24 Feb `17, 11:03PM
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

All, I checked through the threads and found this to be the most suitable thread to ask this question. 

I saw another newbie driver on service 83 just now. Does the bus driver train people according to their preferences to drive SD or DD? Or do they train people to drive depending on the bus service they deploy to? Meaning if service 83 Is full DD. So they train a bunch of newbies to support 83. Then this bunch of people cannot drive SD. Thus 83 end up always full DD since the same people are rostered to drive service 83. End up 83 cannot have SDs until another set of people came in. Cheers. Thanks.

New operator training include DD as well,Unlike SMRT or SBST where you have to wait a period of time before they select you to train for DD or Bendy

• Its ultimate rubbish,If you can drive SD why cant you drive DD?You only need to he cautious when turning and look out for dangling branches..Unlike bendy where you have to mastered reverse technique.

9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • bendy iirc need 2 years of SD experience in SMRT

I believe almost all bendy BC can drive DD in WLDEP

• Originally posted by TIB 585L:

bendy iirc need 2 years of SD experience in SMRT

I believe almost all bendy BC can drive DD in WLDEP

During my time only 6 months with good record(No accident/Less MC) 

• Like i said,If you can handle any 12m buses you can also drive bendy or DD.

DD,Turning have to be slightly slow than SD,Look out for any dangling branches,Low height sign and alighting need a few seconds more before you can close the exit door.

BD,Reverse technique is more important that turning..Turning is much easier than 12m buses for your info.

• And of course you have to know how to park and stop at bus stops nicely.

• But 12.8/13m SD or DD isnt easy as you think..Special course on turning and exiting bus stops,When can or can't manoeuvre.

• 187 - got 2 SD -> DD conversion. Now operating with 05 DDs, 02 bendies, 26 rigids.

frequency: 04-07 mins during peak hours.

Rationale: The upgrades are mostly to meet the high demand between BPJ and Bukit Batok West town + helps connecting BBT-BBT West & Lakeside-Jurong East Ave 1. 

188 - got 4 SD -> DD conversion. Now operating with only 04 SDs in its fleet.

frequency: 07-08 mins during peak hours

Rationale: The upgrade is mostly to meet the high demand between Trader Center/IBP to Bukit Batok town.

856 - got reduction of 2 DDs... fleet size reduced from 31 to 29 buses. Frequency is maintained @ 05 mins/bus.

857 - 1 DD -> SD conversion. This is on account of fleet upgrade on 854 whereby Yishun-YCK Road is managed by 854/857 well. Not really sure why 857 should have capacity downgrade when it serves long distance pax.

960 - Reduced 4 buses. Now operating with 30 buses instead of 34 buses. Loading between Little India and BPJ taken by DTL2. 

961 - 1 SD -> DD conversion. This is to manage loading between BPJ MRT - Mandai Estate - Kranji MRT. 

1,146 posts since Aug '07

187 - got 2 SD -> DD conversion. Now operating with 05 DDs, 02 bendies, 26 rigids.

Rationale: The upgrades are mostly to meet the high demand between BPJ and Bukit Batok West town + helps connecting BBT-BBT West & Lakeside-Jurong East Ave 1. 

Rationale: The upgrade is mostly to meet the high demand between Trader Center/IBP to Bukit Batok town.

856 - got reduction of 2 DDs... fleet size reduced from 31 to 29 buses. Frequency is maintained @ 05 mins/bus.

857 - 1 DD -> SD conversion. This is on account of fleet upgrade on 854 whereby Yishun-YCK Road is managed by 854/857 well. Not really sure why 857 should have capacity downgrade when it serves long distance pax.

960 - Reduced 4 buses. Now operating with 30 buses instead of 34 buses. Loading between Little India and BPJ taken by DTL2. 

961 - 1 SD -> DD conversion. This is to manage loading between BPJ MRT - Mandai Estate - Kranji MRT. 

960 reduced back to 30 buses, 961 compensated with conversion.

1,963 posts since Sep '14

187 - got 2 SD -> DD conversion. Now operating with 05 DDs, 02 bendies, 26 rigids.

Will continue to KIV 960 fleet.. I believe there's more than 30 buses..

310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

New operator training include DD as well,Unlike SMRT or SBST where you have to wait a period of time before they select you to train for DD or Bendy

now sbst newbies also learn

• Originally posted by SMB315C:

Will continue to KIV 960 fleet.. I believe there's more than 30 buses..

32 buses,reduce 2 duties because of bunching and low loadings issue

Please Login or Signup to reply.