22 Nov, 06:58PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      now sbst newbies also learn

       πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

      Edited by carbikebus 03 Mar `17, 1:35PM
  • SMB3163D's Avatar
    1,438 posts since Apr '16
    • 979 have 2 DD (AP) upgrade today.. 3530C & 3540Z running alongside wif 3544M & 3545K

      Sequence (off peak) > 3545K > 3544M > 3540Z > 1341U > 3530C > 22Y > 1340Y

      Edited by SMB3163D 04 Mar `17, 12:54AM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      Will continue to KIV 960 fleet.. I believe there's more than 30 buses..

      Yes please. I think 30 buses is good enough already as loading has spaced out with DTL2. There is still high loading between Mandai-Kranji but that is also taken care of by other services incl. 961

  • SMB42P's Avatar
    5,333 posts since Jan '12
    • Was there a fleet add on 301? I think i spotted 5 AP buses today

      TIB1132D
      SMB1376U
      SMB1419E
      SMB3154E (301-301-3)
      SMB3161J

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB42P:

      Was there a fleet add on 301? I think i spotted 5 AP buses today

      TIB1132D
      SMB1376U
      SMB1419E
      SMB3154E (301-301-3)
      SMB3161J

      301 has 6 buses I guess. In future, 301 and 983 should cover most of ex-300 route and should get more buses. 300 already feel like a redundant service. 

    • 5 - SD fleet add. I don't know why they don't do more SD->DD upgrades for svc 5 when it has such high loading

      16 - 2 fleet add (SDs) to meet the high demand between Dunman and Dakota

      32 - 1 SD fleet add to boost frequency

      35 -  1 more SD -> DD upgrade. Now operating with 9 DDs, 2 SDs.

      64 - SD fleet add, now operating with 13 buses. Frequency boost

      93 - SD fleet add. Frequency boost.

      124 - SD fleet add. Frequency boost.

      131 - SD fleet add. Frequency boost.

      157 - 2 SD fleet add to meet demand between Beauty World and Boon Lay. Improved frequency.

      Does SBST have shortage of DDs? Except for svc 35 all have been SD fleet adds + 116/109 also got SD fleet add recently. Hardly any SD->DD upgrades. Some of them are SD services, but even for DD worthy services SDs have been deployed (5/109) and no SD->DD upgrade for few services. 

       

       

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      5 - SD fleet add. I don't know why they don't do more SD->DD upgrades for svc 5 when it has such high loading

      16 - 2 fleet add (SDs) to meet the high demand between Dunman and Dakota

      32 - 1 SD fleet add to boost frequency

      35 -  1 more SD -> DD upgrade. Now operating with 9 DDs, 2 SDs.

      64 - SD fleet add, now operating with 13 buses. Frequency boost

      93 - SD fleet add. Frequency boost.

      124 - SD fleet add. Frequency boost.

      131 - SD fleet add. Frequency boost.

      157 - 2 SD fleet add to meet demand between Beauty World and Boon Lay. Improved frequency.

      Does SBST have shortage of DDs? Except for svc 35 all have been SD fleet adds + 116/109 also got SD fleet add recently. Hardly any SD->DD upgrades. Some of them are SD services, but even for DD worthy services SDs have been deployed (5/109) and no SD->DD upgrade for few services. 

       

       

      Because SBST doesn't blatantly add double decker buses for no reason.They rather use it as spare so that other DD svc also can use.

  • Mee_____123's Avatar
    3 posts since Apr '16
    • S22 - Sat Sun full SD Fleet.
      S28 - Sat Sun more SD replace DD.
      S293 - Sat Sun - In view of S28 more SD replace DD, a few SD upgrade to DD?

      Any other downgrades?

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,146 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by Mee_____123:

      S22 - Sat Sun full SD Fleet.
      S28 - Sat Sun more SD replace DD.
      S293 - Sat Sun - In view of S28 more SD replace DD, a few SD upgrade to DD?

      Any other downgrades?

      No what. I took 22 and 87 and its double decker.

      No wonder 89 still keeps 2 Citaros only on weekends.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Mee_____123:

      S22 - Sat Sun full SD Fleet.
      S28 - Sat Sun more SD replace DD.
      S293 - Sat Sun - In view of S28 more SD replace DD, a few SD upgrade to DD?

      Any other downgrades?

      I saw a couple of DD on S22 just now.

      S89 mainly use KUBs and Citaros alongside a few DDs on Sundays

  • wsy1234's Avatar
    1,614 posts since Aug '07
    • 143 have many DDs and the the bus Frequency increase and so is passsenger taking the 143 service. Compare to 143 under sbst. wait too long under sbst and most of the time in weekend SD come and not many people taking. Mean if the bus frequency improve even the service is run parallel with MRT people still taking it as more bus arrivle less than 10 min. no more 30min waiting time that under sbst

      Edited by wsy1234 05 Mar `17, 10:32PM
    • if toa payoh can have more service not under sbst control will be better. 

  • TIB429E's Avatar
    1,549 posts since Dec '13
  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • 3524X 3525T 3612A (all perm BC since pre-BCM days)

      951E buses all observed to have 0 crossover to any other svc before doing PM peak. So their drivers worked 3h per day? Didnt see them working on wkends

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

      3524X 3525T 3612A (all perm BC since pre-BCM days)

      951E buses all observed to have 0 crossover to any other svc before doing PM peak. So their drivers worked 3h per day? Didnt see them working on wkends

      I think WT BC that drive all these E service..

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,963 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

      3524X 3525T 3612A (all perm BC since pre-BCM days)

      951E buses all observed to have 0 crossover to any other svc before doing PM peak. So their drivers worked 3h per day? Didnt see them working on wkends

      I think at least got one DD slot crossover to 960 and 961..

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      I think WT BC that drive all these E service..


      Personally never see them driving feeders or other trunks or any other svc on weekends. I saw everytime they leave depot go to start point then do one trip, Off svc already. AM n PM.

    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      I think at least got one DD slot crossover to 960 and 961..


      Shld be 3612A, PM peak only 2 DDs. The 1st 2 (3524 n 3525)

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      I saw a couple of DD on S22 just now.

      S89 mainly use KUBs and Citaros alongside a few DDs on Sundays


      Sometimes 2797Y on 89 also, SDs mostly from sv 100/159. Sv 87 also majority SD during Sundays/PHs. Sv 109 also.

  • SMB42P's Avatar
    5,333 posts since Jan '12
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      301 has 6 buses I guess. In future, 301 and 983 should cover most of ex-300 route and should get more buses. 300 already feel like a redundant service. 

      Means there was a AP fleet add? 

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • 67 has been a major victim of capacity downgrade on account of DTL2.

      42 buses -> 39 buses

      12 SDs -> 17 SDs

      30 HCs -> 21 HCs

      This is because the loading between Little India and BPJ is really poor. But on contrary, loading between Little India and Tampines is super high.

      So the two unequivocal loading sectors is creating inconvenience to the high loading sector with rigids coming in this area during peak hours when it should be full fleet bendy/DDs. 

       

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,146 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      67 has been a major victim of capacity downgrade on account of DTL2.

      42 buses -> 39 buses

      12 SDs -> 17 SDs

      30 HCs -> 21 HCs

      This is because the loading between Little India and BPJ is really poor. But on contrary, loading between Little India and Tampines is super high.

      So the two unequivocal loading sectors is creating inconvenience to the high loading sector with rigids coming in this area during peak hours when it should be full fleet bendy/DDs. 

       

      This is because the MRT lines are quite more reliable now. Weekends seldom people taking. Even then I took 67 is now SD, sometimes DD.

      You also see Tampines residents on service 23 and not on service 67.

      Not just buey tahan route.

      Edited by TPS Timothy Mok 09 Mar `17, 4:15PM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      This is because the MRT lines are quite more reliable now. Weekends seldom people taking. Even then I took 67 is now SD, sometimes DD.

      You also see Tampines residents on service 23 and not on service 67.

      Not just buey tahan route.

      Your first point is ok. Tampines resident take 23 for sure, but those along Eunos-Aljunied-Geylang take 67 to Little India and also heavy load from Chai Chee to Bedok Reservoir (alt: 28).

       

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      This is because the MRT lines are quite more reliable now. Weekends seldom people taking. Even then I took 67 is now SD, sometimes DD.

      You also see Tampines residents on service 23 and not on service 67.

      Not just buey tahan route.

      Just merge 67 (west) and 960 alr..

      Edited by SMB128B 09 Mar `17, 5:19PM
  • sgxiaobusguy's Avatar
    24 posts since Mar '15
Please Login or Signup to reply.