22 Nov, 06:57PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

Wait till LG Wright deployed on 913

Hopefully on 903 & 911 beside 912 as well.Amdep should transfer some Citaros for the feeders.

3,826 posts since Apr '05
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

Accordingly to Bishan/TPY GRC MP update, there are additional trips(assuming it is fleet add) for the following services serving TPY/Bishan/Balestier since Sept 2016

Sv5
      Sv53 (1147)
      Sv56 (1094)
      Sv57 (6887)
      Sv58 (6892/2004)
      Sv90 (1088)
      Sv93
      Sv124 (1173)
      Sv132
      Sv145 (anyone what bus went into sv145?)
      Sv151
      Sv153
      Sv155 (6578)
      Sv186 (6576)
      Sv518
      Sv980 

and there is additional DD added for Sv50 since sept 2016 as well...anyone can confirm which DD is consistently on sv50? we know that there is two SD fleet add in Sep/Oct, but then one of the SD is already out (so maybe replace by random DD?)

Sv 5 - 6579J (BN-side)

Sv 132 i think its linked to the pair of Tridents

Sv 151 - I think is 7452J for the converted slot? (well, it's an upsize in some way even if it wasn't an add..)

Sv 518 - everyday runs at least 5 DDs on average (regardless of Weekdays or Weekends)

Anyway, I was thinking they meant add trips could be = converting more of the split-shifts into full-day duties (which would also mean on the whole per day, there are a greater number of total trips after all..)

4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by SBS 9631X:

Sv 5 - 6579J (BN-side)

Sv 151 - I think is 7452J for the converted slot? (well, it's an upsize in some way even if it wasn't an add..)

Sv 518 - everyday runs at least 5 DDs on average (regardless of Weekdays or Weekends)

Anyway, I was thinking they meant add trips could be = converting more of the split-shifts into full-day duties (which would also mean on the whole per day, there are a greater number of total trips after all..)

518 rly improved a lot. GA has been rly generous w many of the svcs under them. 518 is just one of the examples of inferior SBST operations vis-à-vis GA. Good riddance to them!!

• Originally posted by SMB128B:

518 rly improved a lot. GA has been rly generous w many of the svcs under them. 518 is just one of the examples of inferior SBST operations vis-à-vis GA. Good riddance to them!!

Got improved meh?Vampier Lim always complain waiting times for 386 too long..GAS cannot provide good service to Punggol mah..Later got one hero also say got standard ah like that?Where got improved?Only SBST improved.Other operators sucks mah..

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

Got improved meh?Vampier Lim always complain waiting times for 386 too long..GAS cannot provide good service to Punggol mah..Later got one hero also say got standard ah like that?Where got improved?Only SBST improved.Other operators sucks mah..

Takes diff ppl w diff experiences to speak of diff truths.. I'm not gonna denounce Vampier Lim with his 386 encounter but I'll say that where I live in i.e. the East the services have generally improved, so my viewpoint will always be SBST doing a suckish job at operating the services here, and I don't think its equally fair to question me of my judgements too, insofar as you stand for the validity of other instances where SBST may be argued to prevail.

Edited by SMB128B 26 Mar `17, 2:53AM
    1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by SBS 9631X:

Sv 5 - 6579J (BN-side)

7452 replace 7466 which went to 80.

1,963 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

1 BSEP A22 >> 1 O405G

Current fleet : 8 O405G, 7 A22, 2 A24

3 BSEP A22 >> 3 O405G

Current fleet: 11 O405G, 4 A22, 1 A24

1 BSEP A22 >> 1 O405G

Current fleet: 7 O405G, 8 A22

Adding on..

3 A22 >> 3 O405G

Current fleet: 5 O405G, 6 A22

9,145 posts since Apr '11
    2,252 posts since Dec '12
    10,430 posts since May '12

But GA is generous with most of its services because it received a higher share of DDs than the services deserve. 506/518 was introduced with DDs during SBS time itself though GA has added more as it has surplus DDs. The DDs on their services don't really match the load. That's why 43, 62, 83, 85 etc all became full fleet DD.

• Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

But GA is generous with most of its services because it received a higher share of DDs than the services deserve. 506/518 was introduced with DDs during SBS time itself though GA has added more as it has surplus DDs. The DDs on their services don't really match the load. That's why 43, 62, 83, 85 etc all became full fleet DD.

True now excess DDs and yet they still take SG5593/5594?

If any of svc 3 breakdown between 0630-0800 i can guaranteed there is no spare SD..

Have to wait until 0900 before the 1st split SD come back else BOCC will instruct to take DD instead

310 posts since Sep '16

becos they ended up not deploying DD on 82 and 136

518 was introduced w DDs only v v late into the SBST days.. And even then a mere 1 or 2.. It is EXACTLY the fact GA has surplus DDs that makes me rest my conclusions on the service of GA via-a-vis SBST being better.. Coz EVEN up till now many SBST svcs in the east are not getting the DDs they deserve.. Svc 5 is a shining example..

421 posts since Oct '06

518 was introduced w DDs only v v late into the SBST days.. And even then a mere 1 or 2.. It is EXACTLY the fact GA has surplus DDs that makes me rest my conclusions on the service of GA via-a-vis SBST being better.. Coz EVEN up till now many SBST svcs in the east are not getting the DDs they deserve.. Svc 5 is a shining example..

Yeah... And SBST are replacing DDs with SDs on some services such as 161 and 168.

Once I waited 17 minutes for svc 168 at Woodlands Interchange (around 1pm), and the next bus was a Scania K230UB!!!!!!! Unsurprisingly, the bus was full of standing people, all the way from Woodlands Int to Bedok Int.

What the hell was SBST thinking? For svc 168, even if a DD comes every 8-10 minutes, the high demand can easily fill all the seats. 

10,430 posts since May '12

Coz with GCM, GA got a lot of DDs - more than required, while SBST has a lot of surplus Citaros remaining as many of their DDs went to other operators. Hence, a lot of SBS services are getting SD fleet add instead of DDs.

Though in the east SBS has done a good job with svc 20 and 35.

• To add on SBS needs to do a better job with 5 and 45 in the east. Both need more DDs (not fleet add). 

• Originally posted by hgdep103:

becos they ended up not deploying DD on 82 and 136

Both 82 and 136 don't need DDs (yet) - just like 83/119 don't need DDs... and 43/62/85 didn't deserve to be full fleet DD. 

Coz with GCM, GA got a lot of DDs - more than required, while SBST has a lot of surplus Citaros remaining as many of their DDs went to other operators. Hence, a lot of SBS services are getting SD fleet add instead of DDs.

Though in the east SBS has done a good job with svc 20 and 35.

That's not true at all. If anything I would say that the B9s lost to GA are at best proportionate to the services they lost also, since GA also got their DDs from BCM. 

310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

Yeah... And SBST are replacing DDs with SDs on some services such as 161 and 168.

Once I waited 17 minutes for svc 168 at Woodlands Interchange (around 1pm), and the next bus was a Scania K230UB!!!!!!! Unsurprisingly, the bus was full of standing people, all the way from Woodlands Int to Bedok Int.

What the hell was SBST thinking? For svc 168, even if a DD comes every 8-10 minutes, the high demand can easily fill all the seats. 

LTA's instruction. When ppl complain they will use SBST as the scapegoat to escape. I have talked to their ppl before

3,046 posts since Nov '13

All, don't assign blame so easily. There must be some instruction of higher level. As I always said, you cannot right size every trip and every bus service. As long as a basic bus service is provided to every area within 400 metres, the bus industry is still doing it right. That is their main role. Cheers. Thanks.

5,333 posts since Jan '12
    • Not sure true anot but i heard they will be trying DDs on 307 soon... rumours only though, just sharing what i heard :)

421 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

All, don't assign blame so easily. There must be some instruction of higher level. As I always said, you cannot right size every trip and every bus service. As long as a basic bus service is provided to every area within 400 metres, the bus industry is still doing it right. That is their main role. Cheers. Thanks.

I believe SBST and LTA know that 168 is a high demand service. If they convert some of the DDs to SDs, the least they can do is to maintain the 6-10 minute frequency.

I was angered by the fact that my fellow passengers and I were kept waiting for 17 minutes (with the queue extending to the next berth and beyond) and the next bus was a SD. While queuing, I saw 2 svc 168 DDs returning to Woodlands, so a shortage of bus is not an excuse.

Yes, a basic bus service should be provided to every area within 400 metres. But if I have to wait very very long for the bus and many passengers are unable to board due to full buses, then the operator is not doing it right. 17 minutes is way above the official frequency of 6-12 minutes stated by SBST and LTA.

Edited by autumncs 28 Mar `17, 12:41PM

To add on SBS needs to do a better job with 5 and 45 in the east. Both need more DDs (not fleet add). 

Sometimes I wish svc 5 and 21 was transferred to GA... 

As for svc 45, it is still a joke (in terms of frequency and capacity) despite a series of improvements. SBS is not doing enough. 

1,400 posts since May '14

Sometimes I wish svc 5 and 21 was transferred to GA... 

As for svc 45, it is still a joke (in terms of frequency and capacity) despite a series of improvements. SBS is not doing enough. 

Let's wait until one of the local operators win a tendered package and then make a fair comparison. Somehow I feel that even if SBST/SMRT won Bulim or Loyang packages, some services like 106, 43 and 62 would still be full fleet DD...

Please Login or Signup to reply.