22 Nov, 06:59PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3,046 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by autumncs:

I believe SBST and LTA know that 168 is a high demand service. If they convert some of the DDs to SDs, the least they can do is to maintain the 6-10 minute frequency.

I was angered by the fact that my fellow passengers and I were kept waiting for 17 minutes (with the queue extending to the next berth and beyond) and the next bus was a SD. While queuing, I saw 2 svc 168 DDs returning to Woodlands, so a shortage of bus is not an excuse.

Yes, a basic bus service should be provided to every area within 400 metres. But if I have to wait very very long for the bus and many passengers are unable to board due to full buses, then the operator is not doing it right. 17 minutes is way above the official frequency of 6-12 minutes stated by SBST and LTA.

Hi mr autumncs, one-off or repeated? If one-off for 17 min wait, then no issue. Other operators also have such issues. Even worse, repeated poor frequency. Even after complaints, still no improvement. Cheers. Thanks.

421 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

Hi mr autumncs, one-off or repeated? If one-off for 17 min wait, then no issue. Other operators also have such issues. Even worse, repeated poor frequency. Even after complaints, still no improvement. Cheers. Thanks.

That's an one-off incident. All along, 168 is pretty frequent and is served by DDs. Perhaps I was too pampered by the high frequency and high capacity of svc 168... So when I saw a SD after waiting for 17 minutes, I just felt irritated.

Operators should be flexible in deploying SDs/DDs based on the departure time of the previous bus and the number of people in the queue. If the previous bus departed more than 15 minutes ago, the least they can do is to deploy a DD.

9,344 posts since Dec '04

Sometimes I wish svc 5 and 21 was transferred to GA... 

As for svc 45, it is still a joke (in terms of frequency and capacity) despite a series of improvements. SBS is not doing enough. 

now everything under LTA, including deployments...so pls feedback to LTA, if you need more improvement..SBST is only deploying accordingly to LTA instructions (for which their instructions are ridiculous sometime, such as insisting 170/170A/170X to use the old woodland road to customs during peak hours).

421 posts since Oct '06

That's an one-off incident. All along, 168 is pretty frequent and is served by DDs. Perhaps I was too pampered by the high frequency and high capacity of svc 168... So when I saw a SD after waiting for 17 minutes, I just felt irritated.

Operators should be flexible in deploying SDs/DDs based on the departure time of the previous bus and the number of people in the queue. If the previous bus departed more than 15 minutes ago, the least they can do is to deploy a DD.

the 17 mins frequency might be due to accident on SLE/TPE. is the SD all the time  parking inside the interchange? (i.e when u  started waiting?). the earlier bus (maybe DD) might have breakdown somewhere.. so there are lot of reasons which might cause the delay.. (further woodland interchange only 2 SBST service, difficult to e-pull buses)...

just like yesterday , big congestion at SLE (toward woodland) from ave 12 till lentor ave area from 5pm till 8pm.. buses were crawling on SLE (took 35 mins to drive from lentor to ave 12)... so when the jam first start, there will be buses coming in late to woodland interchange to start trips..

5,333 posts since Jan '12
    • 301 AP fleet add wef 270317, now running with 5 AP and 1 S

Fleet: 3 AP rigids, 2 AP bendies, 1 split bendy

**The AP fleet add should be a A24...

3,491 posts since Jan '14
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

LTA's instruction. When ppl complain they will use SBST as the scapegoat to escape. I have talked to their ppl before

If the ppl who complain actually know what BCM is, LTA will surely kena BBQ.

20,293 posts since Nov '03

I always feel that svc 161 and 168 should retain a full DD fleet at all times.

168 ok for full DD but 161 weekends can still deploy 2-3 SD as replacement..

5,333 posts since Jan '12
    • 301 confirm running with 5 BDs and 1 A22 every Saturdays.. 300 S BCs will drive the BDs... some 307 S BCs will go over to replace these 300 BCs...

Edited by SMB42P 30 Apr `17, 12:08AM
    1,146 posts since Aug '07
    • Original plan for 700 is to be cancelled but did not get to cancel (including 700A as well). 4 bendy buses to 6 double deckers. Loading continues to increase in view of the evening ERP at PIE (Eastbound).

2,687 posts since Oct '08
    • Svc 25 now with more single decks on Sundays, not sure if its already like that before the route extension to UEC.

• Originally posted by SinkTel:

Svc 25 now with more single decks on Sundays, not sure if its already like that before the route extension to UEC.

it is getting common after BCM... together with sv88 and even sv168 for weekend. sv76 also almost half fleet SD on weekend.

and yet we still see some other services (with much less demand) getting DDs even on weekends.

• LTA so funny

Weekends for Svc 43,62,83,85,118 all can use at least 4-5 SDs.

Svc 136 already didnt use DDs😤

83 & 85 can do with half SD fleet.

1,146 posts since Aug '07
    310 posts since Sep '16
    3,491 posts since Jan '14

I always feel that svc 161 and 168 should retain a full DD fleet at all times.

Me too.

Another observation I have made is that many pax do not board SDs at all unless they are at the front of the queue. Seems that no one wants to stand from Woodlands all the way to Sengkang (or even Tampines).

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

LTA so funny

Weekends for Svc 43,62,83,85,118 all can use at least 4-5 SDs.

Svc 136 already didnt use DDs

83 & 85 can do with half SD fleet.

GA got too many excess DD, so LTA just use them lor.

The reason for excess DD is probably that the proportion of SDs to DDs in Loyang bus package services' old SBST fleets was more than 2 to 1. It was 216 to 101 I think.

Edited by SBS3004X 09 May `17, 7:40PM
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

Bendy on 803 today

When will 805 get bendies?

310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by SBS3004X:

GA got too many excess DD, so LTA just use them lor.

The reason for excess DD is probably that the proportion of SDs to DDs in Loyang bus package services' old SBST fleets was more than 2 to 1. It was 216 to 101 I think.

should have give some to 136 instead of 83

• LTA already feedback regarding the excess DDs at Loyang.Hope some of the SG Citaros from Bulim will transfer to Loyang and the excess DDs can give to Seletar instead 

1,090 posts since Jul '03
    508 posts since Jun '13
    310 posts since Sep '16
    1,930 posts since May '15
Please Login or Signup to reply.