22 Nov, 06:58PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,515 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Path Light's Avatar
    1,796 posts since Feb '15
    • Originally posted by SMB42P:

      And i heard news that 307 rumoured to start using DDs soon also... dun know how true is that....

      307 using DDs?

  • SMB42P's Avatar
    5,333 posts since Jan '12
    • Originally posted by Path Light:

      307 using DDs?

      Rumours only... don't know true anot... we shall observe...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • If SMRT decide to use DD for svc like 167,184,302,307 etc then they need a few more B9TL or even additional A95 order.Then they will have excess SD like the A22

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,135 posts since Mar '16
    • 980 and 859 no need la. 980 already got 166 and 859 aint that crowded. Perhaps 883 might be the next one later

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,252 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:

      3608M 167 today. Now left 980 n maybe 859

      980 needs a bump for its frequency.

      167 also.

      however lets check the loading like.

      859 no need DD yet.

    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      980 and 859 no need la. 980 already got 166 and 859 aint that crowded. Perhaps 883 might be the next one later

      883 DDs, be careful. i know some will shoot, cause 883 is like 117.

    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      806 agree. Where 804 got such high loading? After 805/860 introduction, 804 loading has dropped significantly. 804 AM loading is still high though. 

      there is a reason why 804 has a lot of A24s plus the random O405Gs.

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,135 posts since Mar '16
  • SBS 9256 X's Avatar
    2,471 posts since Sep '07
    • As far as possible,I hope these should be (IMO) changes for the services in Yishun:

      Svc 800 (Rigids) - 15 buses
      Svc 803 (Rigids) - 7 Buses
      Svc 804 (DDs & Rigids) - 26 buses (10 DDs - X-over between Svc 811/850E)
      Svc 805 (Rigids) - 7 Buses
      Svc 806 (DDs & Rigids) - 20 buses (5 DDs - X-over to Svc 850E)
      Svc 811 (DDs & Rigids) - 24 buses (10 DDs - X over between Svc 804/850E)
      Svc 812 (Rigids) - 18 buses (I think sharp drop aft Svc 805 and Svc 103 intro)
      Svc 850E (DDs) - 5 buses (X-over from Svc 804/811) Add one more timing if possible
      Svc 851 (DDs & Rigids) - 26 buses (10 DDs - Hope stays in the service as perms)
      Svc 852 (Rigids) - 12 buses
      Svc 860/860A (DDs & Rigids) - 25 buses (10 DDs)

  • SBS8676Z's Avatar
    1,725 posts since Oct '11
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      980 and 859 no need la. 980 already got 166 and 859 aint that crowded. Perhaps 883 might be the next one later

      859 used to have almost full bendy fleet during the 2000 era if I am not wrong. Fleet downsize to full fleet A22s in 2012, not sure to facilitate WAB implementation or its demand really dropped.

      For 980, I will hope that SMRT implement 1-2 DDs on Sunday additional PM duties as well as weekday peak hours. Since it does deploy bendies once in a while.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      Wait till 117 enters Canberra soon and they would πŸ‘€ what I πŸ‘€

      Is 117 going to enter Canberra? If yes, this is what they should have  done in first place before introducing 883.

      Anyway, expect high loading on 883 from Q4 this year. 

    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      980 needs a bump for its frequency.

      167 also.

      however lets check the loading like.

      859 no need DD yet.

      980 loading is okay. Same with 167 and 859. None of them really need DDs. 

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,252 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      980 loading is okay. Same with 167 and 859. None of them really need DDs. 

      167 and 980 can have 1 or 2 buses with full to the door. DD could draw from 981 during non-ops or other AMDEP svcs. But anyway, the next rigid on either service will clear the load.

    • Did 166 get downgrades? KUBs appearing as often.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SBS 9256 X:

      As far as possible,I hope these should be (IMO) changes for the services in Yishun:

      Svc 800 (Rigids) - 15 buses
      Svc 803 (Rigids) - 7 Buses
      Svc 804 (DDs & Rigids) - 26 buses (10 DDs - X-over between Svc 811/850E)
      Svc 805 (Rigids) - 7 Buses
      Svc 806 (DDs & Rigids) - 20 buses (5 DDs - X-over to Svc 850E)
      Svc 811 (DDs & Rigids) - 24 buses (10 DDs - X over between Svc 804/850E)
      Svc 812 (Rigids) - 18 buses (I think sharp drop aft Svc 805 and Svc 103 intro)
      Svc 850E (DDs) - 5 buses (X-over from Svc 804/811) Add one more timing if possible
      Svc 851 (DDs & Rigids) - 26 buses (10 DDs - Hope stays in the service as perms)
      Svc 852 (Rigids) - 12 buses
      Svc 860/860A (DDs & Rigids) - 25 buses (10 DDs)

      Isn't the number of buses too excessive???

      For me it would be:

      800 - 10 SDs

      803 - 6 SDs

      804 - 5 DDs, 5 SDs (alternating)

      805 - 4 DDs, 3 SDs 

      806 - 10 DDs, 3 SDs

      811 - 12 DDs, 6 SDs

      812 - 12 SDs

      860 - 12 DDs, 4 SDs

       

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,135 posts since Mar '16
    • Yes, but ply the new bus stops in Canberra which 3004X mentioned. Its supposed to supplement 883 in the estate after all

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • I think in future 117 just use PGL way to Seletar North Link instead of TPE 

      167 & 980 do need peak hours DDs.980 can deploy 4 DDs during weekend afternoon...859 no need DD Unless extend to KPTH 

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,146 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by SBS 9256 X:

      As far as possible,I hope these should be (IMO) changes for the services in Yishun:

      Svc 800 (Rigids) - 15 buses
      Svc 803 (Rigids) - 7 Buses
      Svc 804 (DDs & Rigids) - 26 buses (10 DDs - X-over between Svc 811/850E)
      Svc 805 (Rigids) - 7 Buses
      Svc 806 (DDs & Rigids) - 20 buses (5 DDs - X-over to Svc 850E)
      Svc 811 (DDs & Rigids) - 24 buses (10 DDs - X over between Svc 804/850E)
      Svc 812 (Rigids) - 18 buses (I think sharp drop aft Svc 805 and Svc 103 intro)
      Svc 850E (DDs) - 5 buses (X-over from Svc 804/811) Add one more timing if possible
      Svc 851 (DDs & Rigids) - 26 buses (10 DDs - Hope stays in the service as perms)
      Svc 852 (Rigids) - 12 buses
      Svc 860/860A (DDs & Rigids) - 25 buses (10 DDs)

      800 - 1 double decker, 9 single deckers

      803 - 5 single deckers

      804 - 3 bendies, 6 DDs, 2 single deckers (Bendy X-over to Service 24)

      805 - 6 single deckers

      806 - 12 double deckers (Full DD)

      811 - 18 double deckers (Full DD)

      812 - 8 double deckers, 6 single deckers

      851 - 10 double deckers, 16 single deckers

      852 - 16 single deckers

      860 - 2 single deckers, 12 double deckers

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,293 posts since Nov '03
    • Aiya,Let SBST handle those svc.SMRT should focus more of their buses and their service.A95 also in bad state no need to talk about their A22.

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,146 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Aiya,Let SBST handle those svc.SMRT should focus more of their buses and their service.A95 also in bad state no need to talk about their A22.

      Anyway SMRT will sell 8 bendies to SBST (Phase 1) when Seletar Package is operational, thus lowering it to 32.

  • array88's Avatar
    1,400 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      Anyway SMRT will sell 8 bendies to SBST (Phase 1) when Seletar Package is operational, thus lowering it to 32.

      As much as I want to believe it's not another nonsense coming from you, we all know what's going to happen.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,430 posts since May '12
    • Woodlands feeders seem to have got more buses added. I think 900, 903 got an extra NWAB bendy each. 901 spammed with one more A22. 

      307 back to 14 buses from 17 buses. 17 buses was way too much for 307. 

      Edited by BusAnalayzer 22 Jul `17, 4:44PM
    • 184 downgrade bendy -> SD. Not a good move.

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,252 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      184 downgrade bendy -> SD. Not a good move.

      184 should have zero rigids and some DD, majority bendies till a later time. thereafter should be full fleet DD.

Please Login or Signup to reply.