25 Feb, 11:39PM in sunny Singapore!

Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2)

Subscribe to Capacity changes on bus services (Part 2) 1,578 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,970 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      Still waiting for them to deploy full fleet DD/HC for both Sv965 and Sv969 daily..


      Hope Sembawang-Yishun package can give GA sia. Svc like 854/857/963/969 will be full-fleet DD haha.

  • CZT's Avatar
    532 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      Still waiting for them to deploy full fleet DD/HC for both Sv965 and Sv969 daily..

      Problem with 965 is the headway that's the problem. For 969, i know they like using SDs during weekends, esp on Sundays. If u are talking abt HC buses for 969, it should be full fleet during peak. If not at times during offpeak all the DDs is barely full. I guess they would stick to mix fleet for now

      Edited by CZT 21 Jan `18, 10:29AM
  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,970 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by CZT:

      Problem with 965 is the headway that's the problem. For 969, i know they like using SDs during weekends, esp on Sundays. If u are talking abt HC buses for 969, it should be full fleet during peak. If not at times during offpeak all the DDs is barely full. I guess they would stick to mix fleet for now


      SMRT very slow on expressway nowadays. Last Friday decided to take 969 from Tpe stop instead of sv 39. The sv 39 was just 1 min in front of the 969. In the end, sv 969 reached Blk 790(my stop) 5 mins later.... In short, sv 969 caused me to arrive 10 mins later at sch!

  • CZT's Avatar
    532 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:


      SMRT very slow on expressway nowadays. Last Friday decided to take 969 from Tpe stop instead of sv 39. The sv 39 was just 1 min in front of the 969. In the end, sv 969 reached Blk 790(my stop) 5 mins later.... In short, sv 969 caused me to arrive 10 mins later at sch!

      ok lah i wont say all the time, but rather most of the time. I rmb when i used to travel on 969 often, speed was quite ok during peak, but slow during offpeak

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,586 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      Still waiting for them to deploy full fleet DD/HC for both Sv965 and Sv969 daily..

      969 realllllly needs it.... 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,830 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:


      Hope Sembawang-Yishun package can give GA sia. Svc like 854/857/963/969 will be full-fleet DD haha.

      Its up to LTA and not the operator anymore.You can't 100% blame SMRT for not deploying full fleet HC for those service.With current management in charge,There will be disastrous. ..

      Edited by carbikebus 21 Jan `18, 6:35PM
    • Since GAS is short of SDs and SMRT short of DDs,why don't GAS exchange 10 B9TL for 10 SG Citaros?

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,586 posts since May '12
    • 883 definitely got capacity upgrade, now operating with fleet of 7 buses

      4 DDs, 3 SDs. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,830 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      883 definitely got capacity upgrade, now operating with fleet of 7 buses

      4 DDs, 3 SDs. 

      Today i manage to joyride,SD @ 0745am not so packed.But the DD behind got a few standees although upper deck doesn't seem that full.

    • There will be a bus from 143 to supplement 143M during peak hours everyday.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,586 posts since May '12
    • 804 fleet today - overall capacity reduction but higher number of capacity buses (fewer rigids)

      3 DDs, 1 BD, 2 SDs... observed a fleet of only 06 buses. Frequency has reduced to a bus every 10 minutes on average due to reduced loading. There were times when there was no bus for 15-16 mins and then there were 2 DDs at an interval of 2-3 minutes.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,830 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      804 fleet today - overall capacity reduction but higher number of capacity buses (fewer rigids)

      3 DDs, 1 BD, 2 SDs... observed a fleet of only 06 buses. Frequency has reduced to a bus every 10 minutes on average due to reduced loading. There were times when there was no bus for 15-16 mins and then there were 2 DDs at an interval of 2-3 minutes.

      5 DDs and 3 SDs should be nice,No need 10 buses...

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,586 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      5 DDs and 3 SDs should be nice,No need 10 buses...

      I spotted only 6 buses on 804 today AM/PM... I think there is a bendy that did crossover to 807A.

      807A is done with a bendy bus (around 7-8 trips) and 1 SD and 1 DD from 807 crossover to 807A for 4 trips. 

    • 188 has a drop in HC buses... Yesterday at least 7 SDs from usual 4-5 SDs on this service. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,830 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      188 has a drop in HC buses... Yesterday at least 7 SDs from usual 4-5 SDs on this service. 

      SMRT mah,Today 7 SD,tomorrow 4 SD,and then 6 SD..inconsistent.SBST also like that but to certain service only.

    • I thought 143 is full DD service until i see 2-3 SDs..

      Today 883 fleet is like 4 DD and 3 SD.

      Svc 17 fleet sequence at Tampines Ave 2=SD-DD-SD-SD-DD-SD-DD

    • 96 from 1810 hrs is SD-DD-SD-DD-SD-SD-SD-DD-SD-DD

      Weekdays:5 full day SD & 2 full day DD / 2 Split DD and 1 split SD

      Weekends:5 full day SD & 1 full day DD / 1 TQ SD

    • 854,2 single deck duties convert to high capacity slot.

  • JKYY's Avatar
    331 posts since Oct '17
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      854,2 single deck duties convert to high capacity slot.

      one of the slot is the morning first bus to yishun int

  • SBS8676Z's Avatar
    1,779 posts since Oct '11
  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,195 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by SBS8676Z:

      It seems that 161 is downsizing its high capacity fleets again on Sun/PH...


      everyday they downsize, 168 also everyday got SD now doing QOS

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,830 posts since Nov '03
    • Weekends downsize is normal cause not all buses is full..save fuel..but 168 cannot afford to have SD replace DD during weekdays..if just supplement or OS its fine

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,195 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Weekends downsize is normal cause not all buses is full..save fuel..but 168 cannot afford to have SD replace DD during weekdays..if just supplement or OS its fine


      Off peak cnfm got 1 or 2 SD on 168. Do 1 trip to Woodlands or Bedok then off. Give standby BC some work hah

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,830 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB 585L:


      Off peak cnfm got 1 or 2 SD on 168. Do 1 trip to Woodlands or Bedok then off. Give standby BC some work hah

      Maybe

  • Waynechew1003's Avatar
    251 posts since Apr '17
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Weekends downsize is normal cause not all buses is full..save fuel..but 168 cannot afford to have SD replace DD during weekdays..if just supplement or OS its fine

      Not rlly. Usually quite full esp tamp <> woodlands

Please Login or Signup to reply.