23 Jun, 04:32PM in sunny Singapore!

New Bus Services Announced by LTA/PTOs (Part 2)

Subscribe to New Bus Services Announced by LTA/PTOs (Part 2) 2,022 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    2,963 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

Well, dupdup you have been proved WRONG again teeth.png

On this forum, you snubbed some people saying if a service plies along a certain road, it cannot skip stops if it is a normal service. 129 is a normal service but skips many stops along Bartley road. 

Now are you going to accept you were WRONG on snubbing people who made such suggestions before or ARGUE to justify you are right? tongue.pngwink.png

Haha. I am proven right at the end. Service 129 will ply the bus stop it skips along Bartley rd with effect from 28 may 2017. So whatever logic still applies. This goes to show that if a bus service plies along a certain road, it will stop at the bus stop along the road. Yeah. Cheers. Thanks.

1,821 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

Haha. I am proven right at the end. Service 129 will ply the bus stop it skips along Bartley rd with effect from 28 may 2017. So whatever logic still applies. This goes to show that if a bus service plies along a certain road, it will stop at the bus stop along the road. Yeah. Cheers. Thanks.

Sekali 129 ply below Bartley viaduct with new stops.

310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:

then 129 might lose demand from tamp but gain demand from bartley

Hi mr sbs6750E, the bus stops are old ones. Not new. They are existing stops currently being served by 28 and 93. The bus stop is opp gambir ridge. Cheers. Thanks. 

Edited by dupdup77 13 May `17, 3:35PM
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

then 129 might lose demand from tamp but gain demand from bartley

Hi mr hgdep103, the bus stops are existing ones served by 28 and 93. Service 129 will still serve the same express sector (tampines ave 10 and Bartley rd east). The extra bus stop is at Bartley rd (opp gambir ridge). So demand from tampines will be same. No loss. Cheers. Thanks.

Edited by dupdup77 13 May `17, 3:36PM
    18,996 posts since Nov '03
    918 posts since Mar '16
    • but always dont agree with each other. like siblings

Edited by SMB1368T 13 May `17, 5:24PM
    • Btw BA MIA from this forum eh?

Hi mr hgdep103, the bus stops are existing ones served by 28 and 93. Service 129 will still serve the same express sector (tampines ave 10 and Bartley rd east). The extra bus stop is at Bartley rd (opp gambir ridge). So demand from tampines will be same. No loss. Cheers. Thanks.

I said "sekali" leh bro.

• Does 129 ply Woodleigh underpass?

918 posts since Mar '16
    1,573 posts since Mar '16
    1,573 posts since Mar '16
    • Guys, why did you revive this thread, when there is already a new thread created many weeks ago?

• Originally posted by SMB1368T:

we r literally pushing the 2000 limit at the same time

Hi mr SMB1368T, I think all of you misunderstand the intention of the 2000 posts. The limit refers to the minimum 2000 posts inside a thread which is required before a user goes and opens another thread. This is to prevent people from flooding the forums with unnecessary threads where the owner or moderator will issue a warning or ban. It does not mean the thread automatically stops after reaching 2000 posts. Cheers. Thanks.

4,826 posts since May '11

No you're NOT. 

129 still skips 3 pairs of stops along the Braddell - Bartley stretch. It STILL plies the underpass. Maybe the authorities just realised that the bus is able to turn into the underpass safely while stopping at the stop. 

Dont be so full of yourself on your whimsies and fallacies. You are only making a fool of yourself trying to exert your position without understanding the nuances of each decision.

• Originally posted by SMB128B:

No you're NOT. 

129 still skips 3 pairs of stops along the Braddell - Bartley stretch. It STILL plies the underpass. Maybe the authorities just realised that the bus is able to turn into the underpass safely while stopping at the stop. 

Dont be so full of yourself on your whimsies and fallacies. You are only making a fool of yourself trying to exert your position without understanding the nuances of each decision.

Hi mr SMB128B, which are the 3 pair of bus stops 129 skip? Take note the express sector is along tampines ave 10 and Bartley road east. It only skips the opp gambir stop along Bartley rd and from 28 may 2017, it is amended to ply it. 

You need to check on yourself first. Not on account of whimsies and fallacies. Cheers. Thanks.

Hi mr SMB128B, which are the 3 pair of bus stops 129 skip? Take note the express sector is along tampines ave 10 and Bartley road east. It only skips the opp gambir stop along Bartley rd and from 28 may 2017, it is amended to ply it. 

You need to check on yourself first. Not on account of whimsies and fallacies. Cheers. Thanks.

B62101, B66089, B66079 (St Michael's bound)

B66071, B66081, B62109 (Tampines bound)

Clearly I have checked myself before I even replied to your post. So have you? wink.png

Alamak. Mai luan luan kong, le ban ban kua.

Alamak. Mai luan luan kong, le ban ban kua.

Hi mr sbs6750E, refer to other thread. Cheers. Thanks.

Edited by dupdup77 15 May `17, 7:05PM
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

B62101, B66089, B66079 (St Michael's bound)

B66071, B66081, B62109 (Tampines bound)

Clearly I have checked myself before I even replied to your post. So have you? wink.png

Hi mr SMB128B, you are wrong. Refer to other thread. Cheers. Thanks.

Edited by dupdup77 15 May `17, 7:06PM

Hi mr SMB128B, yes you are right. Hope LTA amends it to ply these 3 stops by end of next year. Cheers. Thanks.

No I hope not. I rather it stay this way and ply the underpass. That way it need not be trapped in the junction at Upp Sgoon Rd, notorious for lengthy wait times. 

Besides, the number of ppl benefitting from 3 stops is simply insignificant to the many more who relies on 129 for long haul/mid haul travel. Furthermore, they alr have 28 and 93 — more than enough to get them to Bartley Stn at least. 

Please Login or Signup to reply.