27 Apr, 09:01AM in sunny Singapore!

Loading level on buses (Part 2)

Subscribe to Loading level on buses (Part 2) 1,578 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr busanalyser, I was inside sbs 150 around that time. Did you see me? Cheers. Thanks. 

      Did you wear pink Teletubbies T shirt?

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,087 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Did you wear pink Teletubbies T shirt?

      Hi mr carbikebus, I did not. Cheers. Thanks.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Loading of sv 134 at 6.45pm from Paya Lebar MRT

      day 2 of operation.

      bus in front: 135 (04 min), 43 (06 min), 134 (13 min).

      Paya Lebar MRT - 61 (0/53) I was the last one to board so I counted 53 pax boarding and so 8 were already on board, as after boarding counted 61 pax

      Tanjong Katong Rd -- 63 (-7/9), 56 (-14/7), 45 (-15/4), 45 (-5/5), 45 (-2/2)

      approx. 43 of 61 on board at Paya Lebar alighted along Tanjong Katong Road.

      Amber Road -- 41 (-6/2)

      Parkway Parade -- 33 (-17/9) I alighted here. 

      * Loading is here for everyone to see. peak loading is 63 pax.

      * Upper deck had half the people on board

      * Just to remind, there is 135 (04 mins in front) and 43 (06 mins in front)

      * Overall people know 134 and have taken to it nicely. Loading is quite okay. 

      * I will do 43 sometime next week from Serangoon as I want to see the loading from Upper Paya Lebar beyond Paya Lebar MRT.

    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr busanalyser, I was inside sbs 150 around that time. Did you see me? Cheers. Thanks. 

      I dont know how you look, so how can I tell???

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Loading of sv 134 at 6.45pm from Paya Lebar MRT

      day 2 of operation.

      bus in front: 135 (04 min), 43 (06 min), 134 (13 min).

      Paya Lebar MRT - 61 (0/53) I was the last one to board so I counted 53 pax boarding and so 8 were already on board, as after boarding counted 61 pax

      Tanjong Katong Rd -- 63 (-7/9), 56 (-14/7), 45 (-15/4), 45 (-5/5), 45 (-2/2)

      approx. 43 of 61 on board at Paya Lebar alighted along Tanjong Katong Road.

      Amber Road -- 41 (-6/2)

      Parkway Parade -- 33 (-17/9) I alighted here. 

      * Loading is here for everyone to see. peak loading is 63 pax.

      * Upper deck had half the people on board

      * Just to remind, there is 135 (04 mins in front) and 43 (06 mins in front)

      * Overall people know 134 and have taken to it nicely. Loading is quite okay. 

      * I will do 43 sometime next week from Serangoon as I want to see the loading from Upper Paya Lebar beyond Paya Lebar MRT.

      Wah good loadings despite only two days of operation.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Wah good loadings despite only two days of operation.

      134 has gotten good publicity. People seem to know the route. Observed again today but in opposite direction.

    • sv 134 day 3 operation from Parkway Parade @ 19.15

      Parkway Parade -- 39 (? / 28)... 11 pax on board

      Amber Road -- 46 (-1/8) 

      Tanjong Katong Rd -- 48 (-1/4), 49 (-4/5), 47 (-5/3), 46 (-5/4)

      Paya Lebar MRT -- (-36 / ?)... 36 pax alighted, 10 stayed on board towards Sims Place.

      * Bus had peak loading of 49 pax

      * Towards end of PM peak

      * Loading is decent, wasn't DD worthy, but not too bad either

      * Average frequency of 134 seems to be between 10-14 mins (just like sv 76)

  • SBS351M's Avatar
    599 posts since Jan '07
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Wah good loadings despite only two days of operation.

      When you take away a bus route and replace it with another, isn't it just forcing the passengers on the new bus route? The loadings come from the people who used to take 76.

  • SBS6853S's Avatar
    198 posts since Mar '16
    • loadings are from 76. 76 had higher loadings than this. Hence, this proves 134 to be useless

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SBS6853S:

      loadings are from 76. 76 had higher loadings than this. Hence, this proves 134 to be useless

      Absolutely incorrect. If 43 came before 76, 76 would go empty all the way from Upper Paya Lebar to Marine Terrace during off-peak (literally with <10 pax). During peak hours, it would get the leftovers from sv 43 who miss the bus by a minute or two. 

      It was same for 43 if it followed 76, but a bit better as those going to Mandarin Gardens, Lagoon etc on Marine Parade had to wait for 43 to arrive.

      And by no means 134 loading is bad. 116, 120 that were launched 3 years back have still not caught up to high loading and we say it is okay. 

      I can understand that some people feel emotional about this given that 76 was a long time service, and I feel the same because it was a service I took regularly, but I also remember countless times at Paya Lebar when I would read on the bus arrival time board that next 76 bus is after 18 mins, and the one after that 21 mins. Very regular for this to happen.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Absolutely incorrect. If 43 came before 76, 76 would go empty all the way from Upper Paya Lebar to Marine Terrace during off-peak (literally with <10 pax). During peak hours, it would get the leftovers from sv 43 who miss the bus by a minute or two. 

      It was same for 43 if it followed 76, but a bit better as those going to Mandarin Gardens, Lagoon etc on Marine Parade had to wait for 43 to arrive.

      And by no means 134 loading is bad. 116, 120 that were launched 3 years back have still not caught up to high loading and we say it is okay. 

      I can understand that some people feel emotional about this given that 76 was a long time service, and I feel the same because it was a service I took regularly, but I also remember countless times at Paya Lebar when I would read on the bus arrival time board that next 76 bus is after 18 mins, and the one after that 21 mins. Very regular for this to happen.

      yeah...so 134 solve the frequency issue at paya lebar mrt... but what about the section from YCK road up to paya lebar station for pax going to marine parade  and from marine parade to paya lebar station (for pax going beyond paya lebar mrt)? they have one less service and have to rely on the 18-20 mins for sv43?

      and not to forget PIW as well...

      Edited by lemon1974 23 Mar `16, 10:07AM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      yeah...so 134 solve the frequency issue at paya lebar mrt... but what about the section from YCK road up to paya lebar station for pax going to marine parade  and from marine parade to paya lebar station (for pax going beyond paya lebar mrt)? they have one less service and have to rely on the 18-20 mins for sv43?

      and not to forget PIW as well...

      I guess they expect people to take 70 if 43 has not come and change at Paya Lebar MRT. What more can I say!?!

      I hope they add more DDs to 43. 

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      I guess they expect people to take 70 if 43 has not come and change at Paya Lebar MRT. What more can I say!?!

      I hope they add more DDs to 43. 

      that the issue right now.. cut away a direct link and ask ppl to transfer but sv70 frequency is also erratic... 

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      that the issue right now.. cut away a direct link and ask ppl to transfer but sv70 frequency is also erratic... 

      I know what you mean. It is really a bold move on LTA's part. I guess it has to do with 43/70/76 running in parallel for such long part of its route that off-peak you can really see the buses running with unit digit pax in this sector. 

      I think 43 deserves more upgrades now with 76 going and hopefully they time the buses better. 

       

    • Loading on sv 41 @ 18.20 

      Jurong East Interchange - 29 (0/29)

      Jurong East Central -- 32 (0/3), 34 (0/2)

      Toh Guan Road -- 35 (-5/6), 39 (-1/5)

      Toh Guan Road East -- 42 (0/3), 44 (-3/5), 51 (0/7), 57 (0/6)

      Toh Tuck Link -- 59 (-1/3)

      Toh Tuck Ave -- 53 (-13/7)

      Toh Tuck Road -- 50 (-5/2), 44 (-6/0), 46 (-1/3), 44 (-2/0)

      Jalan Jurong Kechill -- 34 (-10/0), 05 (-29/0) I alighted here opp Beauty World MRT

      * peak loading = 59 pax

      * bus in front = 19 min (DD, crossed at Toh Tuck Link in opp. direction), bus behind = 12 min (I suspect it is SD)

      * Frequency of sv 41 is quite poor. Even though the bus was 19 mins apart from bus in front, loading wasn't crazy. 

      * 2 buses in opposite direction, one spotted at Jurong East Central and other at Toh Tuck Link had < 30 pax on board

  • SBS3004X's Avatar
    3,495 posts since Jan '14
    • Day 2 of 'cameo' upgrade of SBS5156C on 43, done by 43 perm buses. 

      The bus was SBS3050L yesterday, didn't really see the bus today.

      Possible permanent upgrade of SBS5156C, something to do with shortening of service 76?

      Edited by SBS3004X 23 Mar `16, 11:37PM
  • SBS351M's Avatar
    599 posts since Jan '07
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      I know what you mean. It is really a bold move on LTA's part. I guess it has to do with 43/70/76 running in parallel for such long part of its route that off-peak you can really see the buses running with unit digit pax in this sector. 

      I think 43 deserves more upgrades now with 76 going and hopefully they time the buses better. 

       

      If 43 needs more buses, doesn't it mean that the removal of 76 from that sector is actually a bad decision? Already more resources are being used on 2 new services + amended 76 than before the amendment, all these just for roughly the same amount of passengers.

      Edited by SBS351M 24 Mar `16, 12:43AM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SBS351M:

      If 43 needs more buses, doesn't it mean that the removal of 76 from that sector is actually a bad decision? Already more resources are being used on 2 new services + amended 76 than before the amendment, all these just for roughly the same amount of passengers.

      I didnt say need more buses. Said upgrade SD -> DD which I am insisting even before the 76 fiasco.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      I didnt say need more buses. Said upgrade SD -> DD which I am insisting even before the 76 fiasco.

      problem is the frequency for 43 suck during off peak and even during peak.....

  • SBS7557R's Avatar
    5,361 posts since May '11
    • There aren't any loading statistics recorded, just observations.

      Took the 0710 hours departure for Service 181M yesterday (23 March 2016). Despite the fact that this service is supposedly dedicated for the students of Corporation Pr Sch, none of the students actually took the service to school throughout the trip.

      Being an alma mater of Corporation Pr Sch, I briefly remembered that the assembly time is approximately between 0745 and 0800 hours. Thus, the trip I took should have some students going to school, since 181M arrived the campus between 0720 and 0730 hours. However, there were none and several students still chose to walk from the residential blocks Jurong West Ave 3 to school (to save on the bus fare possibly and eliminate the hassle to cross the road if they took 181M).

      Another thing I noticed is that 2 foreign workers from the nearby factories along Jurong West St 23 actually used 181M to get to Boon Lay Int. Thus, 181M ends up benefitting factory workers instead of the students it is supposed to target? (No qualms though for the factory workers to take 181M).

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      problem is the frequency for 43 suck during off peak and even during peak.....

      I wonder what was the frequency on 43 before. In 2012, sv 43 had only a fleet of 14 buses. Then SBST upgraded 2 slots to DD, consecutively 4 slots to DD, yet a fleet of 14 buses. With BSEP coming in, slowly buses were added from both SBST and LTA side to make the # buses today = 21. Then 43M also was introduced with 6 buses.

      So overall 43 got 7 buses added for its full route in last 3 years with massive SD->DD upgrade as well. Again, I wonder what was the frequency on 43 before. 

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      I wonder what was the frequency on 43 before. In 2012, sv 43 had only a fleet of 14 buses. Then SBST upgraded 2 slots to DD, consecutively 4 slots to DD, yet a fleet of 14 buses. With BSEP coming in, slowly buses were added from both SBST and LTA side to make the # buses today = 21. Then 43M also was introduced with 6 buses.

      So overall 43 got 7 buses added for its full route in last 3 years with massive SD->DD upgrade as well. Again, I wonder what was the frequency on 43 before. 

      it was having 12-15 mins when first introduced in 2005.. guess the frequency should be around there during 2012.. (SV45 was having 15-20 mins frequency then).... 

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,628 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      it was having 12-15 mins when first introduced in 2005.. guess the frequency should be around there during 2012.. (SV45 was having 15-20 mins frequency then).... 

      In that case the frequency now should be 10-12 mins given that 7 buses were added since 2012.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,087 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      it was having 12-15 mins when first introduced in 2005.. guess the frequency should be around there during 2012.. (SV45 was having 15-20 mins frequency then).... 

      Hi mr lemon1974, sbs 43 Frequency is 5-19 min depending on time structure. Considered a massive boost. Cheers. Thanks. 

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,561 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      In that case the frequency now should be 10-12 mins given that 7 buses were added since 2012.

      uring certain periods only... off peak is bad....15-19 mins..peak also not good

Please Login or Signup to reply.