26 Jul, 02:33PM in sunny Singapore!

Loading level on buses (Part 2)

Subscribe to Loading level on buses (Part 2) 1,163 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • dupdup77's Avatar
    2,990 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by SBS3004X:

      Might just be 1 off lah... Last year I saw a bus 102 got >110 pax during off peak, even when previous bus was 12-14 minutes ahead. So what?

      Hi mr sbs3004X, I just mention for people to know only. We cannot control the bus loadings too. Even if it is 1 off, 2 off, 3 off, it only constitutes a very insignificant percentage. Cheers. Thanks.

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    962 posts since Mar '16
    • This is why I dont always talk to u anymore. If I say something unusual, u always burst as if its so toxic

  • SBS3004X's Avatar
    3,490 posts since Jan '14
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr sbs3004X, I just mention for people to know only. We cannot control the bus loadings too. Even if it is 1 off, 2 off, 3 off, it only constitutes a very insignificant percentage. Cheers. Thanks.

      Sorry. I've edited my post.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,252 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by ButIAmAToilet:

      Random observation

      Svc 4 KUB left Tamp Ave 7 full to the door at around 2000hr towards Flora Rd (next stop), took the next Svc 4 WEG around 8 mins later. At least 60 pax alight at Flora Rd (First stop).

      So slightly after off-peak hours, at least 100+ pax heading to that one stop alone. Within 10mins.

      svc 4 loading is very good and bi-directional. In the last 2 years some 6 new condos opened around Flora. Hence, the loading has been on rise.

      + post 7pm, once svc 19, 37 go off-service, svc 4 gets more loading between ave 7 and MRT. 

    • I have done some Woodlands services loading analysis. Will post in some time.

  • AJQZC's Avatar
    943 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      svc 4 loading is very good and bi-directional. In the last 2 years some 6 new condos opened around Flora. Hence, the loading has been on rise.

      + post 7pm, once svc 19, 37 go off-service, svc 4 gets more loading between ave 7 and MRT. 

      Off-topic: 

      Have not been on svc 4 recently, but I'm thinking if patronage at the Tampines JC stops is not that high (correct me if otherwise), 4 would be a good candidate to divert into Tampines St 32/34 for a direct link to Tampines East MRT/CC. Along with the expected additional loading it can receive an upgrade to majority / full DD.

      Edited by AJQZC 13 Jul `17, 11:13PM
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,312 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      Off-topic: 

      Have not been on svc 4 recently, but I'm thinking if patronage at the Tampines JC stops is not that high (correct me if otherwise), 4 would be a good candidate to divert into Tampines St 32/34 for a direct link to Tampines East MRT/CC. Along with the expected additional loading it can receive an upgrade to majority / full DD.

      This few weeks,Not so packed..Am peak only 2 trips is fully packed(1 DD / 1 SD),PM peak is 2-3 trips..The best fleet is 50/50 ie 3 DD and 3 SD..Or best thing is to add 1 more duty for s shift.

  • array88's Avatar
    1,302 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      Off-topic: 

      Have not been on svc 4 recently, but I'm thinking if patronage at the Tampines JC stops is not that high (correct me if otherwise), 4 would be a good candidate to divert into Tampines St 32/34 for a direct link to Tampines East MRT/CC. Along with the expected additional loading it can receive an upgrade to majority / full DD.

      Of all the Tampines Ave 7 services, 4 is certainly the worst candidate.

      The patronage at Tampines JC bus stop is not really high in the day, with 19, 37, 81 etc sharing the load, but svc 4 has high loading towards Flora and Changi North, and commuters there need a fast journey to Tampines Int.

      I would pick 81 to be diverted to St 32/34. Its loading is not really that high in Tampines, and can provide St 32/34 residents with additional link to Pasir Ris.

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,057 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Of all the Tampines Ave 7 services, 4 is certainly the worst candidate.

      The patronage at Tampines JC bus stop is not really high in the day, with 19, 37, 81 etc sharing the load, but svc 4 has high loading towards Flora and Changi North, and commuters there need a fast journey to Tampines Int.

      I would pick 81 to be diverted to St 32/34. Its loading is not really that high in Tampines, and can provide St 32/34 residents with additional link to Pasir Ris.

      The demand for bus services in Tampines Central will be falling in 21 October 2017.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    2,990 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Of all the Tampines Ave 7 services, 4 is certainly the worst candidate.

      The patronage at Tampines JC bus stop is not really high in the day, with 19, 37, 81 etc sharing the load, but svc 4 has high loading towards Flora and Changi North, and commuters there need a fast journey to Tampines Int.

      I would pick 81 to be diverted to St 32/34. Its loading is not really that high in Tampines, and can provide St 32/34 residents with additional link to Pasir Ris.

      Hi mr array88, yes you are right. Do not alter the only service no 4 to flora road and slow down its timing to tampines int. There are better candidates. Cheers. Thanks.

    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      The demand for bus services in Tampines Central will be falling in 21 October 2017.

      Hi mr TPS Timothy mok, falling demand or not, there is still the need to give a fast linkage to tampines central for flora road. Cheers. Thanks.

  • AJQZC's Avatar
    943 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Of all the Tampines Ave 7 services, 4 is certainly the worst candidate.

      The patronage at Tampines JC bus stop is not really high in the day, with 19, 37, 81 etc sharing the load, but svc 4 has high loading towards Flora and Changi North, and commuters there need a fast journey to Tampines Int.

      I would pick 81 to be diverted to St 32/34. Its loading is not really that high in Tampines, and can provide St 32/34 residents with additional link to Pasir Ris.

      I considered 81 before, but it has lower than average frequency along with a long loop to Serangoon that may compromise its reliability. In contrast svc 4's strength is its short length which allows much easier fleet and timing control.

      An alternative is to amend a Ave 7 --> Ave 2 service such as 18, though the detour would be much longer.

      Overall with such a short stretch of road it's better to amend an existing service rather than introduce a new feeder.

      Edited by AJQZC 14 Jul `17, 10:37AM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,252 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      I considered 81 before, but it has lower than average frequency along with a long loop to Serangoon that may compromise its reliability. In contrast svc 4's strength is its short length which allows much easier fleet and timing control.

      An alternative is to amend a Ave 7 --> Ave 2 service such as 18, though the detour would be much longer.

      Overall with such a short stretch of road it's better to amend an existing service rather than introduce a new feeder.

      IMO extending 46 to loop at st 32/34/45 is the best option. This will give good intra-town traction for the route connecting these streets also to the stadium and new hawker center in addition to DTL3. Really no need for new route. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,312 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      IMO extending 46 to loop at st 32/34/45 is the best option. This will give good intra-town traction for the route connecting these streets also to the stadium and new hawker center in addition to DTL3. Really no need for new route. 

      Right,Passby the two bus stops opp Tampines Int

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,252 posts since May '12
    • Loading on svc 803 on Tuesday at 7.40am

      Yishun Interchange -- 03 (0/3)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 03 (0/3)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 06 (0/3)

      Yishun St 31 -- 16 (-1/11)

      Yishun Ave 6 -- 35 (-4/23)

      Yishun Ave  9 -- 45 (0/10), 44 (-1/0)

      * Good loading for a short route with 05 minutes frequency

      * Bus in front = 05 min, Bus behind = 05 min.

       

    • Loading on svc 800 @ 08.03am SD

      Yishun Interchange -- 13 (0/13)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 16 (0/3)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 16 (-3/3), 12 (-7/3)

      Yishun Ave 2 -- 12 (-2/2)

      Yishun Ave 5 -- 12 (-3/3), 15 (0/3)

      Sembawang Road -- 13 (-5/3), 13 (-3/3), 16 (-3/6)

      Yishun St 71 -- 17 (-6/7)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 20 (-1/4), 19 (-4/3), 20 (-2/3), 44 (-3/27), 58 (-4/18)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 59 (-1/2)

      * Main loading is in last 2 stops on Ring road towards Yishun interchange

      * Peak loading = 59 pax. 

      * Bus in front = 09 min, bus behind = 08 min.

      * Not sure why this service needs bendy. Loading is around 10-20 pax until last 2-3 stops before Yishun interchange. And there is 804 here to connect to MRT as well. 

      * Anyone has insights on why 800 has bendies or need HC buses??


  • SG5064X's Avatar
    236 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Loading on svc 800 @ 08.03am SD

      Yishun Interchange -- 13 (0/13)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 16 (0/3)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 16 (-3/3), 12 (-7/3)

      Yishun Ave 2 -- 12 (-2/2)

      Yishun Ave 5 -- 12 (-3/3), 15 (0/3)

      Sembawang Road -- 13 (-5/3), 13 (-3/3), 16 (-3/6)

      Yishun St 71 -- 17 (-6/7)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 20 (-1/4), 19 (-4/3), 20 (-2/3), 44 (-3/27), 58 (-4/18)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 59 (-1/2)

      * Main loading is in last 2 stops on Ring road towards Yishun interchange

      * Peak loading = 59 pax. 

      * Bus in front = 09 min, bus behind = 08 min.

      * Not sure why this service needs bendy. Loading is around 10-20 pax until last 2-3 stops before Yishun interchange. And there is 804 here to connect to MRT as well. 

      * Anyone has insights on why 800 has bendies or need HC buses??


      Same question for 300 also

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    8,972 posts since Apr '11
    • 800 has bendies since idk when sia. 10 – 15 yrs maybe that why their perm still stayed with them for donkey yrs

  • AJQZC's Avatar
    943 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Loading on svc 800 @ 08.03am SD

      Yishun Interchange -- 13 (0/13)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 16 (0/3)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 16 (-3/3), 12 (-7/3)

      Yishun Ave 2 -- 12 (-2/2)

      Yishun Ave 5 -- 12 (-3/3), 15 (0/3)

      Sembawang Road -- 13 (-5/3), 13 (-3/3), 16 (-3/6)

      Yishun St 71 -- 17 (-6/7)

      Yishun Ring Road -- 20 (-1/4), 19 (-4/3), 20 (-2/3), 44 (-3/27), 58 (-4/18)

      Yishun Ave 9 -- 59 (-1/2)

      * Main loading is in last 2 stops on Ring road towards Yishun interchange

      * Peak loading = 59 pax. 

      * Bus in front = 09 min, bus behind = 08 min.

      * Not sure why this service needs bendy. Loading is around 10-20 pax until last 2-3 stops before Yishun interchange. And there is 804 here to connect to MRT as well. 

      * Anyone has insights on why 800 has bendies or need HC buses??


      Dunno if 8+ am is the peak time on 800, have you checked other timings like 7.20am, 6pm?

    • Did anyone observe 182 recently to check whether demand has fallen since TWE opened and 247/248 started to share the load?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,312 posts since Nov '03
    • Today i drive SBS6531X on service 83(last 2 trips after mealbreak at depot),BOCC is so worried regarding if SD could tank the loads😂😂😂I proved them that even peak hours,The only full house will be from Punggol Central to Int only,If svc 3 or 85 come first,You just kapo the balance pax only.

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,878 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Today i drive SBS6531X on service 83(last 2 trips after mealbreak at depot),BOCC is so worried regarding if SD could tank the loads😂😂😂I proved them that even peak hours,The only full house will be from Punggol Central to Int only,If svc 3 or 85 come first,You just kapo the balance pax only.


      next time you should drive 136/386 and take DD(if possible).

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,252 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      Dunno if 8+ am is the peak time on 800, have you checked other timings like 7.20am, 6pm?

      I have checked. Loading comes on last 2 stops of Ring Road. Rest of the route loading is less than 20 pax in peak hours. Have you observed differently?

    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Today i drive SBS6531X on service 83(last 2 trips after mealbreak at depot),BOCC is so worried regarding if SD could tank the loads😂😂😂I proved them that even peak hours,The only full house will be from Punggol Central to Int only,If svc 3 or 85 come first,You just kapo the balance pax only.

      Is BOCC crazy? They never analyze data? Take them for a ride on the bus and will know.

    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:


      next time you should drive 136/386 and take DD(if possible).

      Agree. Carbikebus, take DD on 386.

Please Login or Signup to reply.