25 Nov, 11:51AM in sunny Singapore!

Loading level on buses (Part 2)

Subscribe to Loading level on buses (Part 2) 1,422 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Loading on svc 372 @ 17.40

      Sengkang Sq -- 14 (0/14)

      Sengkang East Way -- 22 (0/8), 20 (-2/0), 14 (-7/1)

      Anchorvale Rd -- 12 (-3/1)

      Anchorvale Dr -- 7 (-5/0), 5 (-2/0)

      Compassvale Dr -- 4 (-2/1), 4 (0/0)

      Punggol Rd -- 11 (-3/10), 12 (0/1)

      Sengkang East Way -- 8 (-4/0)

      Compassvale Rd -- 8 (-5/5), 8 (-1/1)

      Compassvale Dr -- 7 (-1/0) {I alighted here @ 18.02}

      * Quite poor loading. Frequency = 5 mins

      * Peak loading = 22 pax to Anchorvale, and 12 pax back to SK

      * Poorly planned route, could have been planned better.

      * Has anyone else observed better loading?

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,441 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

      Loading on svc 372 @ 17.40

      Sengkang Sq -- 14 (0/14)

      Sengkang East Way -- 22 (0/8), 20 (-2/0), 14 (-7/1)

      Anchorvale Rd -- 12 (-3/1)

      Anchorvale Dr -- 7 (-5/0), 5 (-2/0)

      Compassvale Dr -- 4 (-2/1), 4 (0/0)

      Punggol Rd -- 11 (-3/10), 12 (0/1)

      Sengkang East Way -- 8 (-4/0)

      Compassvale Rd -- 8 (-5/5), 8 (-1/1)

      Compassvale Dr -- 7 (-1/0) {I alighted here @ 18.02}

      * Quite poor loading. Frequency = 5 mins

      * Peak loading = 22 pax to Anchorvale, and 12 pax back to SK

      * Poorly planned route, could have been planned better.

      * Has anyone else observed better loading?

      Loading has dropped because of improved frequency + svc 50/102 taking some loading from svc 372. Though the one you have observed is lower than normal during that hour. 

      The return journey is definitely representative of what you observed. The loop around Punggol road, Compassvale rd and back always has poor loading. Though this helps bring people from Anchorvale to transfer to other services along Punggol Road.

      With 110 introduced, this loading will drop further and 372 can be modified to maybe ply Anchorvale Link.

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Loading has dropped because of improved frequency + svc 50/102 taking some loading from svc 372. Though the one you have observed is lower than normal during that hour. 

      The return journey is definitely representative of what you observed. The loop around Punggol road, Compassvale rd and back always has poor loading. Though this helps bring people from Anchorvale to transfer to other services along Punggol Road.

      With 110 introduced, this loading will drop further and 372 can be modified to maybe ply Anchorvale Link.


      Am peak buses are quite packed, some times red colour on bus apps. This is mainly because of sv 50/102 having quite poor freq during AM. 374's loading still not up to satisfactory level. Wonder why? Pretty disappointing leh.

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

      Loading on svc 372 @ 17.40

      Sengkang Sq -- 14 (0/14)

      Sengkang East Way -- 22 (0/8), 20 (-2/0), 14 (-7/1)

      Anchorvale Rd -- 12 (-3/1)

      Anchorvale Dr -- 7 (-5/0), 5 (-2/0)

      Compassvale Dr -- 4 (-2/1), 4 (0/0)

      Punggol Rd -- 11 (-3/10), 12 (0/1)

      Sengkang East Way -- 8 (-4/0)

      Compassvale Rd -- 8 (-5/5), 8 (-1/1)

      Compassvale Dr -- 7 (-1/0) {I alighted here @ 18.02}

      * Quite poor loading. Frequency = 5 mins

      * Peak loading = 22 pax to Anchorvale, and 12 pax back to SK

      * Poorly planned route, could have been planned better.

      * Has anyone else observed better loading?

      Poorly planned route my ass haha, how tf you expect the planners to know such a drop will happen?

      Want criticise also must use brain mah. Like that I say that 190 was poorly planned can, since each bus has lost some pax when 972 and DTL opened?

      Hey wake up your idea bro, 372 used to be hotcakes in Sengkang. It was the only bus service for Anchorvale at that time, besides 85 that only serves half of it and doesn't even reach the MRT. Every single bus leaves packed to door. If that isn't good planning, idk what is. 

      It's not called poor planning, it's called outdated. 372's current route may certainly not be the best, but is definitely far from being poor. You expect 50 to tank the load?? Good luck man, expecting a trunk to cover a feeder role with unreliable freq. And 102 has horrible freq. So is 372 poorly planned now?

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,145 posts since Mar '16
    • Chill la. Not everyone knows abt the story itself

      Edited by SMB1368T 08 Sep `17, 6:59PM
  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,930 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Poorly planned route my ass haha, how tf you expect the planners to know such a drop will happen?

      Want criticise also must use brain mah. Like that I say that 190 was poorly planned can, since each bus has lost some pax when 972 and DTL opened?

      Hey wake up your idea bro, 372 used to be hotcakes in Sengkang. It was the only bus service for Anchorvale at that time, besides 85 that only serves half of it and doesn't even reach the MRT. Every single bus leaves packed to door. If that isn't good planning, idk what is. 

      It's not called poor planning, it's called outdated. 372's current route may certainly not be the best, but is definitely far from being poor. You expect 50 to tank the load?? Good luck man, expecting a trunk to cover a feeder role with unreliable freq. And 102 has horrible freq. So is 372 poorly planned now?


      He did not even observe during prime peak....

    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      Chill la. Not everyone knows abt the story itself


      Simi story?

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,968 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      Chill la. Not everyone knows abt the story itself

      Don't know then don't anyhow comment. The planning of 372 was way into the early 2000s β€” how to foresee BSEP and all?

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,145 posts since Mar '16
  • array88's Avatar
    1,402 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

      Poorly planned route my ass haha, how tf you expect the planners to know such a drop will happen?

      Want criticise also must use brain mah. Like that I say that 190 was poorly planned can, since each bus has lost some pax when 972 and DTL opened?

      Hey wake up your idea bro, 372 used to be hotcakes in Sengkang. It was the only bus service for Anchorvale at that time, besides 85 that only serves half of it and doesn't even reach the MRT. Every single bus leaves packed to door. If that isn't good planning, idk what is. 

      It's not called poor planning, it's called outdated. 372's current route may certainly not be the best, but is definitely far from being poor. You expect 50 to tank the load?? Good luck man, expecting a trunk to cover a feeder role with unreliable freq. And 102 has horrible freq. So is 372 poorly planned now?

      I was wondering, even before BSEP, did 372's Anchorvale - Punggol Rd sector also have poor loading? Or were the buses also packed to the door?

      If the loading is also poor, then this part of the route could have been improved.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • 372 ok lar,I give 6.5 out 10...Off peak of course less pax and with added buses its the pattern mah...Later bus so packed you also complain why too crowded.Go and work as a planner la if you so smart

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Originally posted by array88:

      I was wondering, even before BSEP, did 372's Anchorvale - Punggol Rd sector also have poor loading? Or were the buses also packed to the door?

      If the loading is also poor, then this part of the route could have been improved.

      Actually, yes. The Anchorvale-Punggol Road sector has poor loading. A lot of people at Compassvale Walk are complaining that it is actually better to walk from Sengkang MRT Station than to take the bus from Sengkang Bus Interchange.

      Previously, 372 was running the other direction and connecting to Compassvale Walk straightaway.

      Then, in 2007, they changed the route to make it go one big round around Anchorvale Road and loop at Punggol Road instead, making it rather pointless to take 372 to go to Compassvale Walk.

      Now that the Compassvale Bus Interchange is opened, perhaps we can consider transplanting some trunk routes over to Compassvale, and make 372 run bi-directional instead of looping at Compassvale Road.

      This would benefit the people living in Compassvale Walk as they would once again have the direct bus connection to Sengkang Bus Interchange.

      Whereas for Compassvale Road, although it would be removed from the route, the proximity to Sengkang MRT Station and other 372 bus stops would compensate any inconvenience caused.

      Just my two cents worth, on behalf of the people living in Compassvale Walk.

      Edited by gekpohboy 09 Sep `17, 8:30AM
  • SBS7557R's Avatar
    5,334 posts since May '11
  • Travellator's Avatar
    21 posts since Aug '17
    • Loading level of Svc 122 (SD) from Opp Qtown Pri Sch twds Outram Park MRT @ 1830hrs (09/09/17 Saturday) Off Peak

      Margaret Dr -- 7

      Kay Siang Rd -- no pax alighting activity

      Tanglin Rd -- 10(0/3)

      Alexandra Rd -- 9(-1/0), 8(-1/0), 9 (0/1)

      Lower Delta Rd -- 9(-2/2)

      Tiong Bahru Rd -- 3(-7/1) ---> Tiong Bahru MRT

                                  3(-2/2) ---> Tiong Bahru Market

      Outram Rd -- 0(-3/0) ---> Outram Park MRT I alighted here @ 1848hrs (18min used)

       

      *From what i observed, this route mainly use to shuttle commuters between housing estates to MRT stations at Tiong Bahru and Outram Park. How about the other direction?

      *Off peak demand is low. Highest loading occured at Tanglin Rd with only 10 pax onboard, whereas highest pax alighting activity occured at Tiong Bahru MRT.

       

      Those who frequently take this svc, what's the peak hour demand like?

       

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,441 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by Travellator:

      Loading level of Svc 122 (SD) from Opp Qtown Pri Sch twds Outram Park MRT @ 1830hrs (09/09/17 Saturday) Off Peak

      Margaret Dr -- 7

      Kay Siang Rd -- no pax alighting activity

      Tanglin Rd -- 10(0/3)

      Alexandra Rd -- 9(-1/0), 8(-1/0), 9 (0/1)

      Lower Delta Rd -- 9(-2/2)

      Tiong Bahru Rd -- 3(-7/1) ---> Tiong Bahru MRT

                                  3(-2/2) ---> Tiong Bahru Market

      Outram Rd -- 0(-3/0) ---> Outram Park MRT I alighted here @ 1848hrs (18min used)

       

      *From what i observed, this route mainly use to shuttle commuters between housing estates to MRT stations at Tiong Bahru and Outram Park. How about the other direction?

      *Off peak demand is low. Highest loading occured at Tanglin Rd with only 10 pax onboard, whereas highest pax alighting activity occured at Tiong Bahru MRT.

       

      Those who frequently take this svc, what's the peak hour demand like?

       

      Demand isn't as bad as you observed, but usually won't cross 20-25 pax. 122 was a poorly planned route (one of the many!) 

    • Loading on 962 @ 07.10am (Fri) from Woodlands Interchange DD (+08m)

      Woodlands Interchange -- 13 (0/13)

      Woodlands Ave 2 -- 13 (0/0)

      Woodlands Ave 5 -- 15 (-2/4), 16 (-6/7), 44 (-4/32), 63 (-5/24) *two stops along ave 5 get 56 pax

      Woodlands Ave 6 -- 72 (-6/15), 75 (-4/7), 27 (-53/5) *around 25 pax upper deck, 50 pax lower deck. 22 pax carry forward, but most alight to walk to Admiralty MRT

      Woodlands Ave 7 -- 24 (-8/5), 25 (-2/3), 20 (-5/0)

      Sembawang Way -- 23 (0/3)

      Sembawang Crescent -- 28 (-2/7), 38 (-1/11), 51 (-2/15)

      Sembawang Dr -- 54 (-1/4), 40 (-40/26), 43 (-1/4), 37 (-9/3), 22 (-17/2), 22 (0/0)

      Admiralty St -- 00 (-22/), 00 (0/0)

      Sembawang Dr -- 3 (0/3), 45 (0/42), 72 (0/27), 75 (-1/4), 28 (-60/13) *I alighted here. Around 20 pax on upper deck, 55 pax on lower deck.

      * DD does not have more than 20-25 pax on upper deck. Most people at lower deck due to short distance. I think this is still okay because 20 people going on upper deck makes room for people on lower deck. 75 pax on a SD is impossible.

      * 962 loading is really a MRT -> estate feeder high loading. Loading is quite poor between Woodlands and Sembawang towns. 

      * 2 stops along Woodlands Ave 5 and 2 stops along Sembawang Dr see 50-70 pax boarding activity on 962

      * Spotted almost 0 bendies but at least 7-8 DDs. 

      * Approximate frequency seems at 07-08 mins, yet loading pretty good for DD.

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Loading on 962 @ 07.10am (Fri) from Woodlands Interchange DD (+08m)

      Woodlands Interchange -- 13 (0/13)

      Woodlands Ave 2 -- 13 (0/0)

      Woodlands Ave 5 -- 15 (-2/4), 16 (-6/7), 44 (-4/32), 63 (-5/24) *two stops along ave 5 get 56 pax

      Woodlands Ave 6 -- 72 (-6/15), 75 (-4/7), 27 (-53/5) *around 25 pax upper deck, 50 pax lower deck. 22 pax carry forward, but most alight to walk to Admiralty MRT

      Woodlands Ave 7 -- 24 (-8/5), 25 (-2/3), 20 (-5/0)

      Sembawang Way -- 23 (0/3)

      Sembawang Crescent -- 28 (-2/7), 38 (-1/11), 51 (-2/15)

      Sembawang Dr -- 54 (-1/4), 40 (-40/26), 43 (-1/4), 37 (-9/3), 22 (-17/2), 22 (0/0)

      Admiralty St -- 00 (-22/), 00 (0/0)

      Sembawang Dr -- 3 (0/3), 45 (0/42), 72 (0/27), 75 (-1/4), 28 (-60/13) *I alighted here. Around 20 pax on upper deck, 55 pax on lower deck.

      * DD does not have more than 20-25 pax on upper deck. Most people at lower deck due to short distance. I think this is still okay because 20 people going on upper deck makes room for people on lower deck. 75 pax on a SD is impossible.

      * 962 loading is really a MRT -> estate feeder high loading. Loading is quite poor between Woodlands and Sembawang towns. 

      * 2 stops along Woodlands Ave 5 and 2 stops along Sembawang Dr see 50-70 pax boarding activity on 962

      * Spotted almost 0 bendies but at least 7-8 DDs. 

      * Approximate frequency seems at 07-08 mins, yet loading pretty good for DD.


      962 have 0 bendies now. perms all go to 912 or spare The timing looks like School kids timing cnfm very packed

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,145 posts since Mar '16
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,326 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Loading on 962 @ 07.10am (Fri) from Woodlands Interchange DD (+08m)

      Woodlands Interchange -- 13 (0/13)

      Woodlands Ave 2 -- 13 (0/0)

      Woodlands Ave 5 -- 15 (-2/4), 16 (-6/7), 44 (-4/32), 63 (-5/24) *two stops along ave 5 get 56 pax

      Woodlands Ave 6 -- 72 (-6/15), 75 (-4/7), 27 (-53/5) *around 25 pax upper deck, 50 pax lower deck. 22 pax carry forward, but most alight to walk to Admiralty MRT

      Woodlands Ave 7 -- 24 (-8/5), 25 (-2/3), 20 (-5/0)

      Sembawang Way -- 23 (0/3)

      Sembawang Crescent -- 28 (-2/7), 38 (-1/11), 51 (-2/15)

      Sembawang Dr -- 54 (-1/4), 40 (-40/26), 43 (-1/4), 37 (-9/3), 22 (-17/2), 22 (0/0)

      Admiralty St -- 00 (-22/), 00 (0/0)

      Sembawang Dr -- 3 (0/3), 45 (0/42), 72 (0/27), 75 (-1/4), 28 (-60/13) *I alighted here. Around 20 pax on upper deck, 55 pax on lower deck.

      * DD does not have more than 20-25 pax on upper deck. Most people at lower deck due to short distance. I think this is still okay because 20 people going on upper deck makes room for people on lower deck. 75 pax on a SD is impossible.

      * 962 loading is really a MRT -> estate feeder high loading. Loading is quite poor between Woodlands and Sembawang towns. 

      * 2 stops along Woodlands Ave 5 and 2 stops along Sembawang Dr see 50-70 pax boarding activity on 962

      * Spotted almost 0 bendies but at least 7-8 DDs. 

      * Approximate frequency seems at 07-08 mins, yet loading pretty good for DD.

      Not bad at all with 20-25 pax on upp deck given its new to DD.Pretty soon they will get used to it..Like svc 3...peak hours you can see 30-35 pax upp deck although for 4-5 stops

  • Travellator's Avatar
    21 posts since Aug '17
    • Loading level of Svc 57 (SD) from Bishan Int  @ 1204hrs (11/09/17 Monday) Off Peak

      Bishan Int -- 7 (0/7)

      Bishan St 11 -- 8(0/1)

      Bishan Rd -- 9(0/1)

      Braddell Rd -- 10(-1/2)

      TPY lorong 6 -- 11(-3/4), 12(0/1), 14(-4/6), 16(-3/5)

      Jln TPY -- 15(-3/2)

      Thomson Rd -- 17(0/2),

                               17(-11/12) ---> Novena Stn *note the high pax boarding/alighting activity

                               15(-3/1)

      Kg Java Rd -- 10(-7/2), 14(0/4)

      Bkt Timah Rd -- 11(-6/3) ---> Little India Stn

      Sungei Rd -- 12(-2/3) ---> Rochor Stn

      Ophir Rd -- 13(-1/2), 12(-3/2)

      Beach Rd -- 14(-1/3), 12(-3/1)

      Esplanade Dr -- 13(-1/2)

      Collyer Quay -- 12(-1/0)

      Raffles Quay -- 9(-3/0), 6(-3/0)

      Shenton Way -- No pax board or alight 

      Telok Blangah Rd -- 13(-1/8) ---> Vivocity

                                      13(-2/2)

                                       11(-2/0)

                                       12(0/1)

      Alexandra Rd -- 16(-1/5), 25(0/9) ---> Alexandra Point *14 pax boarded along this road

      Depot Rd -- 19(-7/1), 16(-3/0), 9(-7/0) ---> Depot Heights Shopping Ctr (I alighted here @ 1318hrs)

       

      *Highest loading occured at Alexandra Rd, mainly catering to office crowd going to nearby Depot Rd and Bkt Merah Ctrl for lunch.

      *2nd highest loading occured at Novena MRT, and has the highest passenger boarding/alighting activity.

      *From what i observed, during off peak hours, this route mainly shuttling commuters b/w TPY estate to Novena MRT, and from Vivocity to Depot Rd/Bkt Merah. There are also plenty of nurses travel from Novena MRT to nearby KK Hospital for work.

      *Demand from Bishan to Lorong 6 TPY also quite good.

      *Due to off peak hour, demand in city is quite weak.

       

      Those who frequently travel in this svc, peak hour demand is it very high and packed to the door in the city?? 

       

      Edited by Travellator 21 Sep `17, 2:12AM
  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,441 posts since May '12
    • Saturday evening loading on svc 150 @ 17.40

      Marine Crescent -- 02 (0/0)... 2 people on board

      Marine Terrace -- 02 (-2/2), 02 (0/0)

      Marine Parade Road -- 7 (0/5)

      Telok Karau Rd -- 10 (0/3), 13 (0/3), 15 (-1/3)

      Joo Chiat Place -- 17 (-3/5), 17 (0/0)

      Still Road -- 12  (-5/0)

      Changi Road -- 8 (-4/0)

      Jalan Turi -- 9 (-1/2)

      Eunos Interchange

      * Peak loading of 17 pax

      * Bus in front = 12 min. 

      * Svc 15 in front = 05 min, svc 155 in front = 05 min.

      * Bus departing Eunos Interchange left with 04 pax on board (some may board along Sims Ave)

      * Surely a loss making service as both weekday/weekend loading hasn't taken up. 

  • TIB 585L's Avatar
    9,145 posts since Apr '11
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Saturday evening loading on svc 150 @ 17.40

      Marine Crescent -- 02 (0/0)... 2 people on board

      Marine Terrace -- 02 (-2/2), 02 (0/0)

      Marine Parade Road -- 7 (0/5)

      Telok Karau Rd -- 10 (0/3), 13 (0/3), 15 (-1/3)

      Joo Chiat Place -- 17 (-3/5), 17 (0/0)

      Still Road -- 12  (-5/0)

      Changi Road -- 8 (-4/0)

      Jalan Turi -- 9 (-1/2)

      Eunos Interchange

      * Peak loading of 17 pax

      * Bus in front = 12 min. 

      * Svc 15 in front = 05 min, svc 155 in front = 05 min.

      * Bus departing Eunos Interchange left with 04 pax on board (some may board along Sims Ave)

      * Surely a loss making service as both weekday/weekend loading hasn't taken up. 


      Shld jz merge 134 and 150 and use full SDs Idk how the loading for 76 since its been to Eunos

  • SBS2792K's Avatar
    141 posts since Jun '17
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Saturday evening loading on svc 150 @ 17.40

      Marine Crescent -- 02 (0/0)... 2 people on board

      Marine Terrace -- 02 (-2/2), 02 (0/0)

      Marine Parade Road -- 7 (0/5)

      Telok Karau Rd -- 10 (0/3), 13 (0/3), 15 (-1/3)

      Joo Chiat Place -- 17 (-3/5), 17 (0/0)

      Still Road -- 12  (-5/0)

      Changi Road -- 8 (-4/0)

      Jalan Turi -- 9 (-1/2)

      Eunos Interchange

      * Peak loading of 17 pax

      * Bus in front = 12 min. 

      * Svc 15 in front = 05 min, svc 155 in front = 05 min.

      * Bus departing Eunos Interchange left with 04 pax on board (some may board along Sims Ave)

      * Surely a loss making service as both weekday/weekend loading hasn't taken up. 

      was it a citaro or volvo mark 4? if its mark 4 should be some bus enthus cos ytd 2798 was on 150

  • Travellator's Avatar
    21 posts since Aug '17
    • Loading level of Svc 169 (DD) from Wlds Int  @ 1225pm (17/09/17 Sunday) Off Peak, Bus in front = 10min, Bus behind = 2min

       

      Wlds Int -- 18(0/18)

      Wlds Ave 9 -- 11(-8/1), 10(-1/0), 16(-1/7), 16(-4/4), 11(-5/0) *most pax from Wlds Int alighted along this road

      Wlds Ave 8 -- 11(0/0)

      Admiralty Rd West -- 20(-1/10), 21(0/1), 17(-9/5), 21(0/4), 25(0/4) *1st stop many foreign workers boarded the bus, whereas 3rd stop many SMRT BCs alighted.

      Admiralty Rd East -- 27(0/2)

      Sembawang Rd -- 26(-2/1), 28(0/2), 27(-1/0)

      Yishun Ave 2 -- 29(0/2), 31(0/2), 28(-4/1), 15(-23/10), 12(-3/0) *as expected, highest pax alighting/boarding activity at Yishun MRT

      Yishun Ave 3 -- 15(-1/4), 17(-2/4)

      Semb Rd -- 15(-2/0), 16(0/1), 14(-2/0), 14(-1/1)

      Upp Thomson Rd -- 12(-2/0), 12(-1/1), 15(-1/4), 16(0/1), 16(-1/1), 22(-1/7), 25(0/3) *start from JCU, boarding pax started to increase due to them heading to AMK Central/Int.

      AMK Ave 1 -- 26(-2/3), 30(0/4)

      AMK Ave 3 -- 32(-1/3), 34(-1/3), 28(-6/0)

      AMK Int -- 0(-28/0) *I alighted here @ 1:34pm (69min used)

       

      * Highest no. of pax = 34, along AMK Ave 3, mostly heading to AMK Int, justified by highest no. of pax alighting at Int.

      *2nd highest no. of pax = 31, along Yishun Ave 2, two stops before Yishun MRT

      *Loading is quite good even at Sunday. Upper deck is a quarter full and lower deck all sitting occupied at its peak loading. DD provided commuters with a comfortable ride, if not SD will be packed.

      Those who frequent this svc, I think during weekday peak even DD will be fully packed within the Admiralty industrial area??

       

       

  • Waynechew1003's Avatar
    155 posts since Apr '17
    • Originally posted by Travellator:

      Loading level of Svc 57 (SD) from Bishan Int  @ 1204hrs (11/09/17 Monday) Off Peak

      Bishan Int -- 7 (0/7)

      Bishan St 11 -- 8(0/1)

      Bishan Rd -- 9(0/1)

      Braddell Rd -- 10(-1/2)

      TPY lorong 6 -- 11(-3/4), 12(0/1), 14(-4/6), 16(-3/5)

      Jln TPY -- 15(-3/2)

      Thomson Rd -- 17(0/2),

                               17(-11/12) ---> Novena Stn *note the high pax boarding/alighting activity

                               15(-3/1)

      Kg Java Rd -- 10(-7/2), 14(0/4)

      Bkt Timah Rd -- 11(-6/3) ---> Little India Stn

      Sungei Rd -- 12(-2/3) ---> Rochor Stn

      Ophir Rd -- 13(-1/2), 12(-3/2)

      Beach Rd -- 14(-1/3), 12(-3/1)

      Esplanade Dr -- 13(-1/2)

      Collyer Quay -- 12(-1/0)

      Raffles Quay -- 9(-3/0), 6(-3/0)

      Shenton Way -- No pax board or alight 

      Telok Blangah Rd -- 13(-1/8) ---> Vivocity

                                      13(-2/2)

                                       11(-2/0)

                                       12(0/1)

      Alexandra Rd -- 16(-1/5), 25(0/9) ---> Alexandra Point *14 pax boarded along this road

      Depot Rd -- 19(-7/1), 16(-3/0), 9(-7/0) ---> Depot Heights Shopping Ctr (I alighted here @ 1318hrs)

       

      *Highest loading occured at Alexandra Rd, mainly catering to office crowd going to nearby Depot Rd and Bkt Merah Ctrl for lunch.

      *2nd highest loading occured at Novena MRT, and has the highest passenger boarding/alighting activity.

      *From what i observed, during off peak hours, this route mainly shuttling commuters b/w TPY estate to Novena MRT, and from Vivocity to Depot Rd/Bkt Merah. There are also plenty of nurses travel from Novena MRT to nearby KK Hospital for work.

      *Demand from Bishan to Lorong 6 TPY also quite good.

      *Due to off peak hour, demand in city is quite weak.

       

      Those who frequently travel in this svc, peak hour demand is it very high and packed to the door in the city?? 

       

      Demand can be very high during peak hours cause of the connections especially towards tpy/bishan

Please Login or Signup to reply.