17 Dec, 02:08PM in sunny Singapore!

Loading level on buses (Part 2)

Subscribe to Loading level on buses (Part 2) 1,482 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Travellator's Avatar
    29 posts since Aug '17
    • Loading level of Svc 103 (SD) from S'goon Int  @ 1:17pm (21/11/17 Tuesday) Off Peak, Bus in front = 16min, Bus behind = 8min

       

      S'goon Int -- 17(0/17)

      Upp S'goon Rd -- 19(0/2)

      Boundary Rd -- 21(0/2)

      YCK Rd -- 22(-1/2), 21(-1/0), 22(-2/3), 24(-1/3), 22(-2/0), 21(-1/0), 18(-6/3), 18(-2/2)

      Jln Kayu -- 14(-7/3), 12(-4/2), 8(-6/2)

      Seletar Aerospace Dr -- 7(-1/0), 6(-1/0)

      West Camp Rd -- 7(0/1), 8(0/1)

      Yishun Ave 11 -- 17(-2/11), 15(-3/1)

      Yishun Central -- 19(-2/6)

      Yishun Ave 2 -- 4(-15/0)

      Yishun Int -- 0(-4/0)

       

      *Highest loading = 24 pax occured at YCK road twds Jln Kayu, 2nd highest wave = 19 pax occured at Yishun town twds Yishun MRT.

      *We can see that this svc mainly is to shuttle S'goon residents to Jln Kayu (total of 17 pax alighted at this stretch) since its the only svc doing so. Whereas demand in Seletar is much more lower during this non-peak hour.

      *Another purpose is to shuttle KTP Hospital / Yishun Ave 11 / Central residents to Yishun MRT (can see from the highest number of pax boarding at Yishun Ave 11 and alighting at Yishun MRT)

      *Overall demand is moderate during this non-peak hour. I think peak hour demand should be skewed towards both towns' residents to commute to Seletar Aerospace.

      How about svc 117? Does anyone knows the loading?

  • CZT's Avatar
    508 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by Travellator:

      How about svc 117? Does anyone knows the loading?

      117 has generally high loadings for the ave 1 – khatib MRT stretch. Most of the time there are standees, sometimes even packed to the door, but other than this stretch is kinda low. I'm not fully sure abt the loading at seletar stretch thou.

      Who says 117 is useless? It has average to good loading so far

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,183 posts since Mar '16
    • Wow. Ever since I first wrote the word 'useless' everyone starts using it

      Anyway 'he' did not said its useless...it was when someone suggested it to go via Yishun Ave 7,8 which would otherwise kill 117's main purpose

  • CZT's Avatar
    508 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      Wow. Ever since I first wrote the word 'useless' everyone starts using it

      Anyway 'he' did not said its useless...it was when someone suggested it to go via Yishun Ave 7,8 which would otherwise kill 117's main purpose

      Im not referring to him or that situation anyways. Rather, i was referring to others who might have "accused" 117 for loading-less right from the start of it's introduction, coz some might like to count the eggs b4 they are hatched (and predicting the eggs are bad when in fact it could even be a golden egg). Hope this clear any misunderstandings. I apologise if i happen to hurt anyone's feeling... :(

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,183 posts since Mar '16
    • Nah theres nothing wrong with your comment. In fact its some other BSEP svcs which were also underrated but ended up bringing surprises. I mean look at 883 & 150 today. They were predicted to be useless but ended up getting the buses (and load) they deserve

  • CZT's Avatar
    508 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      Nah theres nothing wrong with your comment. In fact its some other BSEP svcs which were also underrated but ended up bringing surprises. I mean look at 883 & 150 today. They were predicted to be useless but ended up getting the buses (and load) they deserve

      Agreed. 883 is kinda expected lah, coz there are so many buildings coming up liao. Wont be surprised 883 will be extended and an additional service going to canberra (maybe 117 or a new one?).

      IMO 127 is still struggling the worst for its load. I think it might have been introduced a bit way too early, considering it could benefit residents along the upcoming apartmets built along ave 9. Problem is, that estate is currently still a quarter, if not halfway through its construction =_=

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,183 posts since Mar '16
    • They just trying to fill in the BSEP quota on time la. Later if they do not meet the deadline for all 80 svcs ppl think industry cannot be trusted which IMO is stupid to think of that way

  • CZT's Avatar
    508 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      They just trying to fill in the BSEP quota on time la. Later if they do not meet the deadline for all 80 svcs ppl think industry cannot be trusted which IMO is stupid to think of that way

      Lolllll hahahaha

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,058 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      They just trying to fill in the BSEP quota on time la. Later if they do not meet the deadline for all 80 svcs ppl think industry cannot be trusted which IMO is stupid to think of that way

      Hi mr SMB1368T, not this reason la. Tampines industrial ave 5 already up. Need introduce a service to bring people to tampines mrt. Cheers. Thanks.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,368 posts since Dec '04
    • just general observation..

      0800- 0815 (22/11)
      thomson road (near novena mrt)

      sv56 - fully seated + 1/2 full with standees
      sv57/131 - 2 buses each- fully seated - 1 bus standees till entrance, 2nd standees also almost till entrance
      sv162 - a few standees
      sv128 - around 15 paxes on board
      sv166 - DD upper deck quite full, lower deck with standees.
      sv851 -A22 -full till entrance , DD with lower deck standees.

      still got 167/980 etc most buses are fully seated with some standees as well.

      today (23/11) along CTE towards City 

      665 citaro - 1 with standees till entrance, 1 with around 15 standees.(maybe have to upgrade to 1 DD soon)
      549 - 2 trips both with standees ... not sure LTA care or not, but if you are paying premium fare, but no seat?
      951E - 2 DDs with full upper deck and some standees on lower deck.. 

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,463 posts since May '12
    • Yishun services observation at Khatib between 08.00-08.20 towards SLE/city. Below all are estimates. 

      39 - 3 SDs... all had around 50-60 pax

      85 - 2 DDs... both seem to have around 60 pax

      117 - 1 DD, 1 SD... DD seemed to have around 50-60 pax and same with the SD. I assume that loading will cross 70 pax as it goes to ave 1 where mostly people will board bus towards SAP, Seletar Circus and Punggol

      851 - 1 DD, 1 SD... DD should have around 70 pax, SD packed to door

      852 - 2 SD.... both buses had 40-45 pax. People still prefer 851??

      853 - 2 SD... both buses had 40 pax

      854 - 3DD, 1 SD... DD had 70-80 pax, SD had around 50 pax, just came after a DD

      855 - 2 SD... both buses had 50-60 pax

      857 - 2 DD, 1 SD... DD had 100 pax, SD packed to door

      858 - 3 SD... all buses were packed to door.. had 60-70 pax

      965 - 1 DD, 1 SD... DD had around 60 pax, SD around the same

      969 - 3 DD... all DDs had 80+ pax

      * Overall AM peak loading on all buses pretty good. Observed very low bunching. 852/853 had the least loading among all services. 

       

  • CZT's Avatar
    508 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      549 - 2 trips both with standees ... not sure LTA care or not, but if you are paying premium fare, but no seat?

      549? u mean standees on coach?

    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      * Overall AM peak loading on all buses pretty good. Observed very low bunching. 852/853 had the least loading among all services. 

       

      852 pax varies with 851 timing.

      Iirc 852 benefits mostly students. Otherwise i dun observe any important areas along its route. Maybe can be altered to peak hour service with DTL opening.

      For 853 i think it is mostly for ppl taking short trips along its route. Talking abt 853, is its sunday/P.H. route relevant anymore in today's bus landscape?

  • Travellator's Avatar
    29 posts since Aug '17
    • Loading level of Svc 187 (SD) from b/s 28519 JW Ave 1  @ 12:03pm (22/11/17 Wednesday) Off Peak, Bus in front = 7min, Bus behind = 7min

       

      JW Ave 1 -- 30, 31(-2/3)

      JE Ave 1 -- 33(-2/4), 32(-7/6), 31(-3/2), 33(0/2)

      JE Central -- 33(-3/3)

      BB Ave 1 -- 28(-5/0), 27(-6/5)

      BB Central -- 24(-4/1), 26(0/2)

      BB West Ave 2 -- 27(-1/2), 22(-5/0)

      BB West Ave 4 -- 21(-5/4)

      BB West Ave 7 -- 20(-1/0)

      BB West Ave 5 -- 18(-3/1)

      BB Road -- 19(0/1), 18(-5/1)

      CCK Road -- 19(0/1), 15(-5/1)

      BP Road -- 11(-5/1), 13(0/2), 11(-3/1)

      BKE -- Express

      Wlds Ave 3 -- 8(-6/3) Marsiling MRT

      Wlds Int -- 0(-8/0)

       

      *Highest loading occured at JE Ave 1/ Central = 33 pax. Highest pax boarding/alighting activity is at Yuhua Mkt & Hawker Centre.

      *Demand is still quite strong in this non-peak hour even though front bus is just only 7 min away. We can see from here that the highest demand stretch is along Jurong West/East Town and BB Town. Loading fell drastically after BP Town.

      *Pax boarding/alighting activity is well spread throughout the route.

      Overall this svc is doing very good even in this non-peak hour. It mainly shuttles commuters between Jurong/ BB / BP / Wlds town.

      On the other hand, I think svc 178 (which has the same starting point and ending point with svc 187) demand is much lower right? Who has the observations?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,427 posts since Nov '03
    • For the past 3 days I've drive DD on service 3.

      SG5440 Wed, SBS3305 Thu & SBS3512 for today

      My duty 1564 starts 0528 Lydep - 1430 Lydep

      0558 PGL Int - 0714 TAM Int

      Highest loadings from PSR St 51 - PSR MRT/Int average 70 paxs...

      Break 0714-0730

      0730 TAM Int - 0854 PGL Int

      Highest loadings from PSR St 21 - MRT average 85 paxs,Turn to Drive 6 bus full to the brim with almost fully seated at upper deck..Then next highest loadings is from PGL Ctrl to PGL Int,Fully packed even though there is 85 in front and 83 behind.

      Break 0854-0907

      0907 PGL Int - 1022 TAM Int

      Highest is PGL Field to TPE bus stops will fully seated on lower deck with 10-15 standees and around 15 pax at upper deck.Reach PSR St 21 again around 20 pax but not so packed.

      Mealbreak 1022-1135

      1135 TAM Int - 1248 PGL Int

      A lot of elderly..But ironic most of them seated upstairs...highest loadings is around 45 pax.

      Break 1248-1254

      1254 PGL Int - 1410 TAM Int 

      Highest is from TPE to PSR St 51 & MRT,Around 40-50 pax

      Reach TAM Int at 1406 with 5 pax alight at the Int

      Off Service 1409 reach Lydep at 1426...

       

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,463 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by Travellator:

      Loading level of Svc 187 (SD) from b/s 28519 JW Ave 1  @ 12:03pm (22/11/17 Wednesday) Off Peak, Bus in front = 7min, Bus behind = 7min

       

      JW Ave 1 -- 30, 31(-2/3)

      JE Ave 1 -- 33(-2/4), 32(-7/6), 31(-3/2), 33(0/2)

      JE Central -- 33(-3/3)

      BB Ave 1 -- 28(-5/0), 27(-6/5)

      BB Central -- 24(-4/1), 26(0/2)

      BB West Ave 2 -- 27(-1/2), 22(-5/0)

      BB West Ave 4 -- 21(-5/4)

      BB West Ave 7 -- 20(-1/0)

      BB West Ave 5 -- 18(-3/1)

      BB Road -- 19(0/1), 18(-5/1)

      CCK Road -- 19(0/1), 15(-5/1)

      BP Road -- 11(-5/1), 13(0/2), 11(-3/1)

      BKE -- Express

      Wlds Ave 3 -- 8(-6/3) Marsiling MRT

      Wlds Int -- 0(-8/0)

       

      *Highest loading occured at JE Ave 1/ Central = 33 pax. Highest pax boarding/alighting activity is at Yuhua Mkt & Hawker Centre.

      *Demand is still quite strong in this non-peak hour even though front bus is just only 7 min away. We can see from here that the highest demand stretch is along Jurong West/East Town and BB Town. Loading fell drastically after BP Town.

      *Pax boarding/alighting activity is well spread throughout the route.

      Overall this svc is doing very good even in this non-peak hour. It mainly shuttles commuters between Jurong/ BB / BP / Wlds town.

      On the other hand, I think svc 178 (which has the same starting point and ending point with svc 187) demand is much lower right? Who has the observations?

      You should do 187 DD during peak hours. The loading trends are quite interesting :)

    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      For the past 3 days I've drive DD on service 3.

      SG5440 Wed, SBS3305 Thu & SBS3512 for today

      My duty 1564 starts 0528 Lydep - 1430 Lydep

      0558 PGL Int - 0714 TAM Int

      Highest loadings from PSR St 51 - PSR MRT/Int average 70 paxs...

      Break 0714-0730

      0730 TAM Int - 0854 PGL Int

      Highest loadings from PSR St 21 - MRT average 85 paxs,Turn to Drive 6 bus full to the brim with almost fully seated at upper deck..Then next highest loadings is from PGL Ctrl to PGL Int,Fully packed even though there is 85 in front and 83 behind.

      Break 0854-0907

      0907 PGL Int - 1022 TAM Int

      Highest is PGL Field to TPE bus stops will fully seated on lower deck with 10-15 standees and around 15 pax at upper deck.Reach PSR St 21 again around 20 pax but not so packed.

      Mealbreak 1022-1135

      1135 TAM Int - 1248 PGL Int

      A lot of elderly..But ironic most of them seated upstairs...highest loadings is around 45 pax.

      Break 1248-1254

      1254 PGL Int - 1410 TAM Int 

      Highest is from TPE to PSR St 51 & MRT,Around 40-50 pax

      Reach TAM Int at 1406 with 5 pax alight at the Int

      Off Service 1409 reach Lydep at 1426...

       

      Great. For all peak trips and even though the 907 is off-peak DDs seem to do well and justify being put on svc 3. Hence, I think svc 3 should go 10 DDs, 10 SDs and take the DDs from svc 83. 

      Anyway, svc 3 does cover the high loading sector of 83 along Punggol Central, so in net high capacity is still maintained + there is 85... and for the last 2 stops there is 136, 381, 386 too. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,427 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Great. For all peak trips and even though the 907 is off-peak DDs seem to do well and justify being put on svc 3. Hence, I think svc 3 should go 10 DDs, 10 SDs and take the DDs from svc 83. 

      Anyway, svc 3 does cover the high loading sector of 83 along Punggol Central, so in net high capacity is still maintained + there is 85... and for the last 2 stops there is 136, 381, 386 too. 

      For Punggol service

      3>12 SDs & 8 DDs

      83>5 SDs & 3 DDs

      85>10 DDs & 5 SDs

      136>16 SDs & 3 DDs

      For Pasir Ris service

      6>6 DDs & 2 SDs

      359>9 SDs & 3 DDs

  • SMB1333T's Avatar
    515 posts since Jun '13
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Yishun services observation at Khatib between 08.00-08.20 towards SLE/city. Below all are estimates. 

      39 - 3 SDs... all had around 50-60 pax

      85 - 2 DDs... both seem to have around 60 pax

      117 - 1 DD, 1 SD... DD seemed to have around 50-60 pax and same with the SD. I assume that loading will cross 70 pax as it goes to ave 1 where mostly people will board bus towards SAP, Seletar Circus and Punggol

      851 - 1 DD, 1 SD... DD should have around 70 pax, SD packed to door

      852 - 2 SD.... both buses had 40-45 pax. People still prefer 851??

      853 - 2 SD... both buses had 40 pax

      854 - 3DD, 1 SD... DD had 70-80 pax, SD had around 50 pax, just came after a DD

      855 - 2 SD... both buses had 50-60 pax

      857 - 2 DD, 1 SD... DD had 100 pax, SD packed to door

      858 - 3 SD... all buses were packed to door.. had 60-70 pax

      965 - 1 DD, 1 SD... DD had around 60 pax, SD around the same

      969 - 3 DD... all DDs had 80+ pax

      * Overall AM peak loading on all buses pretty good. Observed very low bunching. 852/853 had the least loading among all services. 

       

      851 stops at Marymount MRT (which is the major dropoff point for many pax that board from yishun/yck area) but not 852

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,463 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SMB1333T:

      851 stops at Marymount MRT (which is the major dropoff point for many pax that board from yishun/yck area) but not 852

      You have a good point here. No wonder 851 are always packed to door in YCK-Marymount stretch while 852 is not. 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,427 posts since Nov '03
  • Marvel68's Avatar
    254 posts since Oct '14
    • Loading level on 122

      Date & Time: Fri 24/11, 6.48pm - 7.18pm (PM Peak)

      From 06011 Opp Outram Park Stn to 11169 C'wealth Stn Exit B/C

      Distance of bus ahead: 6 mins

      Outram Rd-- 5 (+5/-0) 

      Tiong Bahru Rd -- 6 (+2/-1) 

      Tiong Bahru MRT Station -- 13 (+9/-1) 

      Lower Delta Rd -- 13 (0/0)

      Alexandra Rd -- 16 (+4/-1)

      Alexandra Rd (Redhill MRT) -- 9 (+0/-6)

      Tanglin Rd -- 6 (+0/-3)

      Kay Siang Rd -- 8 (+2/0)

      Margaret Dr -- 8 (+1/-1)

      Queensway -- 7 (0/-1)

      C'wealth Dr -- 4 (+2/-5)

      C'wealth MRT (alighted here) -- 2 (+1/-3)

      • Generally very poor loading throughout the route during PM peak hours
      • Peak loading is between Tiong Bahru MRT Station and Alexandra Rd (16 pax)
      • Few pax actually takes 122 from Tiong Bahru MRT to Dawson estate
    • Loading levels on 120

      Date & Time: Monday 27/11, 7.00pm - 7.24pm (PM Peak)

      From 14161 Telok Blangah Stn (Telok Blangah Rd) to 10079 Blk 201 (Jalan Bukit Merah)

      Bus ahead is by 10 mins

      Telok Blangah Rd (Telok Blangah MRT) -- 6 (+0/-8)

      Alexandra Rd --  19 (+14/-1), 28 (+9/0), 29 (+1/0), 34 (+7/-2), 41 (+11/-4) ,42 (+3/-1), 37 (+2/-7) 

      Tiong Bahru Rd --  26 (+9/-20) (Redhill MRT), 32 (+7/-1), 29 (+1/-4), 23 (0/-6)

      Lower Delta Rd -- 16 (0/-7)

      Jalan Bukit Merah (Alighted at Blk 201) --  8 (+4/-12)

       

      - Loading is fairly high between Alexandra Rd and Redhill MRT even though 33 & 33A was just ahead, mainly due to the workers who board 120 from Alexandra Retail Centre.

      - Only a handful of pax who alight at Redhill MRT boarded at Telok Blangah, majority who board within Telok Blangah estate alights at Telok Blangah MRT

      - Most pax who board at Redhill MRT towards NBR alight at Blk 201 stop at Jalan Bukit Merah.

      - 120 in the opposite direction towards Telok Blangah had moderate loading, about 25-30 pax each bus.

  • Travellator's Avatar
    29 posts since Aug '17
    • Loading level of Svc 102 (SD) from Hougang Central Int twds Jln Kayu roundabout  @ 11:44am (24/11/17 Friday) Off Peak, Bus in front = 11min, Bus behind = 8min

       

      Hougang Int -- 6(0/6)

      Upp S'goon Rd -- 8(0/2), 11(0/3), 15(-3/7), 15(-2/2)

      Buangkok Dr -- 14(-2/1), 13(-1/0), 14(0/1)

      Sengkang Central -- 7(-9/2) --> Buangkok MRT , 6(-1/0)

      Compassvale Rd -- 5(-1/0), 4(-1/0)

      SK East Way -- 7(-1/4), 5(-2/0), 8(0/3)

      SK West Way -- 6(-2/0), 6(-1/1), 5(-1/0)

      Jln Kayu -- 7(0/2), 8(-3/4) --> Looping Point (Jln Kayu Roundabout)

      Jln Kayu -- 9(0/1), 8(-1/0) --> Alighted here @ b/s 68049 @1215pm (31 min used)

       

       

      *Highest loading = 15 pax along Upp S'goon Rd. Highest pax boarding activity = 7 pax occured at b/s 64061 Opp S'goon Sec Sch, whereas highest pax alighting = 9 pax occured at Buangkok MRT.

      *Loading is mediocre to bad in this off-peak hour. We can see that the highest activity sector is for Upp S'goon residents to commute to nearby Buangkok MRT. Surprisingly, demand from SK MRT to Jln Kayu is bad, I guess weekend's demand to Jln Kayu is much better?

      *Observed a few buses along Jln Kayu and saw that other svcs like 85, 86 and 103 has more pax onboard than 102, which had at least 10 pax inside. Due to the behind bus is only 8 min apart, it only has 3-4 pax onboard, which is even lesser.

      Does anyone knows what's the peak hour's loading like? And the demand of the direction back to Hougang Interchange?

      Edited by Travellator 02 Dec `17, 2:29AM
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,427 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Travellator:

      Loading level of Svc 102 (SD) from Hougang Central Int twds Jln Kayu roundabout  @ 11:44am (24/11/17 Friday) Off Peak, Bus in front = 11min, Bus behind = 8min

       

      Hougang Int -- 6(0/6)

      Upp S'goon Rd -- 8(0/2), 11(0/3), 15(-3/7), 15(-2/2)

      Buangkok Dr -- 14(-2/1), 13(-1/0), 14(0/1)

      Sengkang Central -- 7(-9/2) --> Buangkok MRT , 6(-1/0)

      Compassvale Rd -- 5(-1/0), 4(-1/0)

      SK East Way -- 7(-1/4), 5(-2/0), 8(0/3)

      SK West Way -- 6(-2/0), 6(-1/1), 5(-1/0)

      Jln Kayu -- 7(0/2), 8(-3/4) --> Looping Point (Jln Kayu Roundabout)

      Jln Kayu -- 9(0/1), 8(-1/0) --> Alighted here @ b/s 68049 @1215pm (31 min used)

       

       

      *Highest loading = 15 pax along Upp S'goon Rd. Highest pax boarding activity = 7 pax occured at b/s 64061 Opp S'goon Sec Sch, whereas highest pax alighting = 9 pax occured at Buangkok MRT.

      *Loading is mediocre to bad in this off-peak hour. We can see that the highest activity sector is for Upp S'goon residents to commute to nearby Buangkok MRT. Surprisingly, demand from SK MRT to Jln Kayu is bad, I guess weekend's demand to Jln Kayu is much better?

      *Observed a few buses along Jln Kayu and saw that other svcs like 85, 86 and 103 has more pax onboard than 102, which had at least 10 pax inside. Due to the behind bus is only 8 min apart, it only has 3-4 pax onboard, which is even lesser.

      Does anyone knows what's the peak hour's loading like? And the demand of the direction back to Hougang Interchange?

      Now school holidays very unpredictable..102 I've seen full seated with no standees and only around 6-7 pax at the upper deck during AM peak..Others just between Low and moderate..Fleet for now is 4 DD & 4 SD and it would be better with 5 SD & 3 DD instead 

      Edited by carbikebus 28 Nov `17, 12:51PM
Please Login or Signup to reply.