23 Jan, 06:21AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,901 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Gus.chong's Avatar
    9,861 posts since Jun '10
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      it just happened that SBST's tender had better quality than the others, thats all

      I agree with another senior enthusiast's comment that they gave the package to the lowest bid from SBS Transit because of the fact that the Government's budget had been cut...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,592 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Gus.chong:

      I agree with another senior enthusiast's comment that they gave the package to the lowest bid from SBS Transit because of the fact that the Government's budget had been cut...

      Yeah,This time cost is the main factor

  • Ice Silver's Avatar
    60 posts since Sep '09
    • It will be damn weird that Yishun goes to SBS and will SBS renumber those 8xx to other numbers 

  • TIB429E's Avatar
    1,549 posts since Dec '13
    • Originally posted by azharjj:

      Maybe the bukit merah package goes to SMRT buses? Anything can happen. Somemore SMRT buses loses a number of svcs alrdy.

      I guess SMRT would get at least 1 more package or so...They(and SBS Transit) are running the railway network also..any breakdowns it got to be their bus, or "borrow" from either one. 

  • CZT's Avatar
    521 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      480 million is very very hard to resist,Shareholders somemore.

      They have lost svc 2,3,6,12,15,17,34,36,41,43,49,62

      66,78,79,82,83,84,85,96,97,97e,98,118,119,136,143

      183,282,284,285,333,334,335,354,358,359,382,386

      403 & 518 but gain 800,803,804,805,806,811,812

      850e,851,852 & 860 and a new Depot..

      I predict Bt Merah will be won closely by both SBST and SMRT

      Haha hope SBST win bukit merah thou, i rly dw other operators to f up causeway problems, unless the companies can make promises (which tbh how many can keep to it?)

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,592 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by Ice Silver:

      It will be damn weird that Yishun goes to SBS and will SBS renumber those 8xx to other numbers 

      Yishun anchor operator is still SMRT.

      But SBST got the most svc thereπŸ˜‚ including 39 & 103.

      Welcome back SBST to Bt batok int too for 852.Now only left two SMRT svc passby Amk Hub areas 169/853.

    • Originally posted by CZT:

      Haha hope SBST win bukit merah thou, i rly dw other operators to f up causeway problems, unless the companies can make promises (which tbh how many can keep to it?)

      Yeah good,Hope all remaining packages including Bulim,Loyang and SMRT ones win by SBST..Back to square one.Monopoly.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by CZT:

      Haha hope SBST win bukit merah thou, i rly dw other operators to f up causeway problems, unless the companies can make promises (which tbh how many can keep to it?)

      I don't mind Bukit Merah under SMRT since they already have 950. Can use A22 for 160 and 170 too.

    • Originally posted by TIB429E:

      I guess SMRT would get at least 1 more package or so...They(and SBS Transit) are running the railway network also..any breakdowns it got to be their bus, or "borrow" from either one. 

      I hope SBST got frozen out of Hougang bidding. No single operator should be allowed more than 50% control of total route mileage. Part of the reason why Swan (Tower) Transit lost Kalamunda after winning Marmion the year before.

    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

      Finally, a true blue Singaporean company that has proven track record.

      SMRT, next time bid lower than SBS Transit, okay? You also another company wth proven track record. All the best for the Ulu Pandan bus tender.

      What about Woodlands Transport? Also Singaporean firm. Only difference is shareholders do not include government figures.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,592 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      I hope SBST got frozen out of Hougang bidding. No single operator should be allowed more than 50% control of total route mileage. Part of the reason why Swan (Tower) Transit lost Kalamunda after winning Marmion the year before.

      You can say so..If cost is the deciding factors what can be done?

      Hougang-Sengkang bidding start from 2021 by that time we don't know whether TTS or GAS still exist or not.If this kind of style they play,Just let SBST and SMRT run the whole things..No need for all this bullshit BCM just for the sake of wayang.

    • Originally posted by iveco:

      What about Woodlands Transport? Also Singaporean firm. Only difference is shareholders do not include government figures.

      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ SBST shareholders?SMRT under which organisation?

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      You can say so..If cost is the deciding factors what can be done?

      Hougang-Sengkang bidding start from 2021 by that time we don't know whether TTS or GAS still exist or not.If this kind of style they play,Just let SBST and SMRT run the whole things..No need for all this bullshit BCM just for the sake of wayang.

      Bukit Merah and Woodlands better to be under same contractor as JB bus routes involved.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,592 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      Bukit Merah and Woodlands better to be under same contractor as JB bus routes involved.

      Why worried about cross border svc when LTA plan out everything?Now you adjust rosters also have to wait for approval.Now operator cannot suka2 divert when there is jams,Have to follow LTA authorised routes.

  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,109 posts since Jul '03
    • I foresee full Shitaro fleet for Yishun feeders and Intratowns.

      But hopefully there will be perm B9's for 851 and perhaps even one or two for 852.

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,953 posts since May '15
  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,109 posts since Jul '03
    • I also don't foresee SBST willing to take A22's or A95's or E500's.

      But it will be interesting to see if SBST is allowed to use buses not supplied by LTA to run the Seletar package services, or strictly stick to the buses allocated for the package.

      If they are allowed to, then we may see KUB's in Yishun feeder/intratown/851/852/860. And perhaps the occasional CDGE/Trident on 851/860 too.

      B9's for 860 for sure.

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Notice this is the first BCM contract to be awarded since Khaw Boon Wan became Transport Minister.

      Lui Tuck Yew spend spend spend...

      Khaw Boon Wan cut cut cut...

      previously, I think Mah Bow Tan also spend spend spend (eg. build LRT), then when Yeo Cheow Tong take over, he cut cut cut (eg. scrapped the LRT project).

      Edited by gekpohboy 19 Apr `17, 9:16PM
  • iveco's Avatar
    17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ SBST shareholders?SMRT under which organisation?

      Both belong to Ho Jinx.

    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

      Notice this is the first BCM contract to be awarded since Khaw Boon Wan became the Transport Minister.

      Lui Tuck Yew spend spend spend...

      Khaw Boon Wan cut cut cut...

      Not awarded. Put up for bidding. Bulim and Loyang were awarded shortly after KBW took over.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,592 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      I also don't foresee SBST willing to take A22's or A95's or E500's.

      But it will be interesting to see if SBST is allowed to use buses not supplied by LTA to run the Seletar package services, or strictly stick to the buses allocated for the package.

      If they are allowed to, then we may see KUB's in Yishun feeder/intratown/851/852/860. And perhaps the occasional CDGE/Trident on 851/860 too.

      B9's for 860 for sure.

      Since when Amdep got Tridents?

    • Originally posted by iveco:

      Both belong to Ho Jinx.

      GAS and TTS better find influential shareholders 

  • CZT's Avatar
    521 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Yeah good,Hope all remaining packages including Bulim,Loyang and SMRT ones win by SBST..Back to square one.Monopoly.

      Haha to clear out some miscomm, I didnt really mean that in the first place, I'm sorry that it might have translated to another message when you read that, my apologies.

      (In fact isn't gonna be like that in the long run, just like CDS, where they eventually gave it back to public operators becoz of $$$?)

    • Originally posted by iveco:

      Bukit Merah and Woodlands better to be under same contractor as JB bus routes involved.

      In fact come to think of it, i must agree to you, but i guess we have to see the outcomes by the end of the day, hope for the best and prepare for the worst :)

    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      I foresee full Shitaro fleet for Yishun feeders and Intratowns.

      But hopefully there will be perm B9's for 851 and perhaps even one or two for 852.

      Same. Maybe some B9s for feeders and intratowns (which technically will never work well)

      yes to 851 but 852 highly unlikely. There isnt any HC bus for 852 currently, so dun nid any B9s for 852 in the future too

Please Login or Signup to reply.