26 Apr, 11:11PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 2,000 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Hmm LTA should consider trial Euro 6 buses

MAN A22 with 280hp/1250nm option (No more Hybrid body design)

MB Citaro C2 299hp/1200nm

Volvo B8L 350hp/1400nm

MAN A95 12.8m with 360hp/1800nm

• Come to think of it i would prefer if SMRT retains 851 & 852 and let SBST runs 825 & 857 instead since its all a loop svc.

2,269 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

Come to think of it i would prefer if SMRT retains 851 & 852 and let SBST runs 825 & 857 instead since its all a loop svc.

In that case, 852 would be under TT being orginated from BBT Bus Interchange.

• Originally posted by SMB145B:

No need at all..

• 84 extend to Compassvale Int give to SBST

GAS take 117

84 extend to Compassvale Int give to SBST

GAS take 117

Good idea. Otherwise 84 could be 384 instead.

• If the alternative road to Pasir Ris from Punggol opened earlier might be a huge relief.

17,245 posts since Mar '04
    • Is 5835 going to Seletar? The first production batch MAN that SBST will be using on a large scale, from what I see.

61 lagi better. It is effectively an orphan route now.

• Originally posted by iveco:

61 lagi better. It is effectively an orphan route now.

You forgot 117.Svc 2 officially is also orphan route considering Changi V is under SBST.

Only Changi Airport is joint operate by GAS/SBST

Is 5835 going to Seletar? The first production batch MAN that SBST will be using on a large scale, from what I see.

Only Seletar will use MAN not other SBST packages.They can also cameo on AMK & YCK svc just like what TTS cameo those E500/A22 on Jurong East/Clementi svc.

1,237 posts since Aug '07
    • 61 definitely comes under the Choa Chu Kang-Bukit Panjang Bus Package because the job interview for Bulim failed.

117 definitely comes under the Sengkang-Hougang Bus Package because the job interview for Loyang failed.

2 is just a route from Changi Village to New Bridge Road and is operated by Go-Ahead. Only 29, 59 and 109 are just SBS Transit routes, all because they come from neighbouring towns (Bishan, Tampines & Serangoon).

1,155 posts since Jul '03

Come to think of it i would prefer if SMRT retains 851 & 852 and let SBST runs 825 & 857 instead since its all a loop svc.

857 is very well managed by SMRT/LTA now. Don't shake the steady boat.

851/852 is the area that needs a mindset change.

Only Seletar will use MAN not other SBST packages.They can also cameo on AMK & YCK svc just like what TTS cameo those E500/A22 on Jurong East/Clementi svc.

If SMRT were to win Hougang contract will they stick to the current fleet or will they be using MAN vehicles?

• Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

61 definitely comes under the Choa Chu Kang-Bukit Panjang Bus Package because the job interview for Bulim failed.

117 definitely comes under the Sengkang-Hougang Bus Package because the job interview for Loyang failed.

2 is just a route from Changi Village to New Bridge Road and is operated by Go-Ahead. Only 29, 59 and 109 are just SBS Transit routes, all because they come from neighbouring towns (Bishan, Tampines & Serangoon).

It is better if 109 were under Loyang, 136 were under Seletar and 24 were under Serangoon contracts as it saves dead mileage.

By the same logic, 96 and Clementi feeders should be in Clementi contract while 99 and 174 should be in Bulim.

61 is better off in Bulim too, as mentioned earlier.

169 and 825 should be in Seletar while 851 and 852 are more suitable for Sembawang contract.

55 should be in Bedok contract while 100 should be in Serangoon and 196 in Clementi.

Edited by iveco 22 Jul `17, 11:13AM
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

857 is very well managed by SMRT/LTA now. Don't shake the steady boat.

851/852 is the area that needs a mindset change.

If you say like that,852 also well managed by SMRT what.Its just part of contract.

If SMRT were to win Hougang contract will they stick to the current fleet or will they be using MAN vehicles?

Hougang package very difficult leh,SBST training centre,Bus assembly area..Unless LTA keesiao which i think they don't..

I don't know why but my instinct told me that Bt Merah will be won by TTS & Sembawang-Yishun will be GAS😂...

Hougang package very difficult leh,SBST training centre,Bus assembly area..Unless LTA keesiao which i think they don't..

I don't know why but my instinct told me that Bt Merah will be won by TTS & Sembawang-Yishun will be GAS😂...

Imagine GAS does the same to 859/882

Imagine GAS does the same to 859/882

SMRT nowadays not so powerful already

• Wonder why SBST need so many SG buses?They can simply just request those SBS plate Citaro and B9TL from TTS & GAS.They only need SG if they take those MAN buses

1,237 posts since Aug '07

Wonder why SBST need so many SG buses?They can simply just request those SBS plate Citaro and B9TL from TTS & GAS.They only need SG if they take those MAN buses

Fleet replacement is still necessary till all VOs and B10Ms scrapped. SMRT need fleet replacement for bendy bus.

Edited by TPS Timothy Mok 06 Aug `17, 5:46PM

160/170 will be a challenge for the incoming operator (other than SBS/SMB).

Yeah,SBST fortress..Including Boon Lay/Joo Koon/Tuas,Tampines,Hougang/Sengkang.

With KBW in charge don't be suprised if he favors more SBST/SMRT.LTA FB also only recognised SBST/SMRT for working on National Day and don't even have any TTS/GAS pictures..

With KBW in charge don't be suprised if he favors more SBST/SMRT.LTA FB also only recognised SBST/SMRT for working on National Day and don't even have any TTS/GAS pictures..

won't be surpised if TTS and GAS were gone by 2021. it's back to square one with just SBST and SMRT 

Please Login or Signup to reply.