19 Oct, 04:21AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,805 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

won't be surpised if TTS and GAS were gone by 2021. it's back to square one with just SBST and SMRT 

I'd rather TT and GAG sold their operations to WTS for really cheap if Singapore market was too tough for them.

19,969 posts since Nov '03

won't be surpised if TTS and GAS were gone by 2021. it's back to square one with just SBST and SMRT 

And you will see more than 50% of the locals will look for other job industry 

2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

And you will see more than 50% of the locals will look for other job industry 

Maybe only 10% left.

• Originally posted by iveco:

I'd rather TT and GAG sold their operations to WTS for really cheap if Singapore market was too tough for them.

Nah, LTA would forced them to turn over to SMRT or SBST.

Nah, LTA would forced them to turn over to SMRT or SBST.

SMRT buses also face possible extinction..Maybe SBST,TTS & 1 new reputable operator from Europe 

SMRT buses also face possible extinction..Maybe SBST,TTS & 1 new reputable operator from Europe 

wah left with SBST only? 

wah left with SBST only? 

Maybe SMRT too

Edited by carbikebus 13 Aug `17, 10:09AM
    • If LTA decide that BCM is a waste of money then find a reputable local company to replace TTS & GAS lor.

SBST:Jurong West,Woodlands,Ulu Pandan,Seletar,Bishan-TPY,Tampines & Hougang-Sengkang 

SMRT:CCK-BPJ,Clementi,Bedok & Serangoon-Eunos.

New operator:Loyang,Bulim & Sembawang-Yishun.

If LTA decide that BCM is a waste of money then find a reputable local company to replace TTS & GAS lor.

SBST:Jurong West,Woodlands,Ulu Pandan,Seletar,Bishan-TPY,Tampines & Hougang-Sengkang 

SMRT:CCK-BPJ,Clementi,Bedok & Serangoon-Eunos.

New operator:Loyang,Bulim & Sembawang-Yishun.

Should get WTS/TongTar/Aedge to merge then give them the last 3 sectors.

Should get WTS/TongTar/Aedge to merge then give them the last 3 sectors.

Problem is naming,What to use?Singapore Urban Bus?Let Temasek buy 20% of the share also.If LTA gives them the 3 packages on permanent basis I'll be glad to join.

Problem is naming,What to use?Singapore Urban Bus?Let Temasek buy 20% of the share also.If LTA gives them the 3 packages on permanent basis I'll be glad to join.

LKY Transit lor. Best way to remember our greatest pioneer.

Edited by iveco 15 Aug `17, 9:04PM
    1,053 posts since Jul '03

The name should be:

CarBike Bus Services Pte Ltd.

If a daily traveller in Singapore is prevented from commuting in the same level of control, comfort and privacy as private transport such as a CAR or BIKE can offer due to the artificially, arbitrarily and exhorbitantly inflated costs of owning private transport in Singapore, then public transport should be made to offer the same level of timeliness, comfort and privacy at the same price of public transport. Or at the price before the implementation of COE and OMV. Or, just hardly expect people to be on time for school and work.

• Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

The name should be:

CarBike Bus Services Pte Ltd.

If a daily traveller in Singapore is prevented from commuting in the same level of control, comfort and privacy as private transport such as a CAR or BIKE can offer due to the artificially, arbitrarily and exhorbitantly inflated costs of owning private transport in Singapore, then public transport should be made to offer the same level of timeliness, comfort and privacy at the same price of public transport. Or at the price before the implementation of COE and OMV. Or, just hardly expect people to be on time for school and work.

Hahaha nice joke

Hahaha nice joke

nah, the govt is a joke right now.

later bikes needs licensing, COE, ARF, OMV, ERP (bikes now is subjected to licensing)

nah, the govt is a joke right now.

later bikes needs licensing, COE, ARF, OMV, ERP (bikes now is subjected to licensing)

More like LHL's family is a joke.

3,030 posts since Nov '13
    • Hi mr SMB145B and mr iveco, this is a bus forum. Do not sway away too much. If you want comment about politics, there is a politics forum in sg forums. We came here for the love of buses. Thanks. 

• Originally posted by dupdup77:

Hi mr SMB145B and mr iveco, this is a bus forum. Do not sway away too much. If you want comment about politics, there is a politics forum in sg forums. We came here for the love of buses. Thanks. 

I am aware of that. I also believe the reason why BCM is turning into a joke is because we have clowns running the show.

Edited by iveco 16 Aug `17, 8:30AM

I am aware of that. I also believe the reason why BCM is turning into a joke is because we have clowns running the show.

Nay,They are smart peoples you know except that a few got this preference attitute that never die..Must be transparent if you want competitive and improvement.Not i love this particular operator more because they have been in sg for so long..

2,180 posts since Mar '16

Singapore Bus Service.

Edited by gekpohboy 16 Aug `17, 10:41AM
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

Hi mr SMB145B and mr iveco, this is a bus forum. Do not sway away too much. If you want comment about politics, there is a politics forum in sg forums. We came here for the love of buses. Thanks. 

BCM is full of politics in play.

BCM is full of politics in play.

So? There is nothing we all can do.

Anyway, Bukit Merah contract tender closes at the end of the month IIRC. Let's watch the drama unfold when the shortlist is revealed.

Anyway, Bukit Merah contract tender closes at the end of the month IIRC. Let's watch the drama unfold when the shortlist is revealed.

just for info,

just get the popcorn ready.

just for info,

just get the popcorn ready.

No need popcorn...SBST 60%,SMRT 40%..

2,348 posts since Nov '05

Don't forget the army of bus lobbyists.

Please Login or Signup to reply.