19 Oct, 04:21AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,805 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • iveco's Avatar
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      won't be surpised if TTS and GAS were gone by 2021. it's back to square one with just SBST and SMRT 

      I'd rather TT and GAG sold their operations to WTS for really cheap if Singapore market was too tough for them.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      won't be surpised if TTS and GAS were gone by 2021. it's back to square one with just SBST and SMRT 

      And you will see more than 50% of the locals will look for other job industry 

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      And you will see more than 50% of the locals will look for other job industry 

      Maybe only 10% left.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      I'd rather TT and GAG sold their operations to WTS for really cheap if Singapore market was too tough for them.

      Nah, LTA would forced them to turn over to SMRT or SBST.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      Nah, LTA would forced them to turn over to SMRT or SBST.

      SMRT buses also face possible extinction..Maybe SBST,TTS & 1 new reputable operator from Europe 

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      SMRT buses also face possible extinction..Maybe SBST,TTS & 1 new reputable operator from Europe 

      wah left with SBST only? 

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      wah left with SBST only? 

      Maybe SMRT too

      Edited by carbikebus 13 Aug `17, 10:09AM
    • If LTA decide that BCM is a waste of money then find a reputable local company to replace TTS & GAS lor.

      SBST:Jurong West,Woodlands,Ulu Pandan,Seletar,Bishan-TPY,Tampines & Hougang-Sengkang 

      SMRT:CCK-BPJ,Clementi,Bedok & Serangoon-Eunos.

      New operator:Loyang,Bulim & Sembawang-Yishun.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      If LTA decide that BCM is a waste of money then find a reputable local company to replace TTS & GAS lor.

      SBST:Jurong West,Woodlands,Ulu Pandan,Seletar,Bishan-TPY,Tampines & Hougang-Sengkang 

      SMRT:CCK-BPJ,Clementi,Bedok & Serangoon-Eunos.

      New operator:Loyang,Bulim & Sembawang-Yishun.

      Should get WTS/TongTar/Aedge to merge then give them the last 3 sectors.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      Should get WTS/TongTar/Aedge to merge then give them the last 3 sectors.

      Problem is naming,What to use?Singapore Urban Bus?Let Temasek buy 20% of the share also.If LTA gives them the 3 packages on permanent basis I'll be glad to join.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Problem is naming,What to use?Singapore Urban Bus?Let Temasek buy 20% of the share also.If LTA gives them the 3 packages on permanent basis I'll be glad to join.

      LKY Transit lor. Best way to remember our greatest pioneer.

      Edited by iveco 15 Aug `17, 9:04PM
  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,053 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Problem is naming,What to use?Singapore Urban Bus?Let Temasek buy 20% of the share also.If LTA gives them the 3 packages on permanent basis I'll be glad to join.

      The name should be:

      CarBike Bus Services Pte Ltd.

      If a daily traveller in Singapore is prevented from commuting in the same level of control, comfort and privacy as private transport such as a CAR or BIKE can offer due to the artificially, arbitrarily and exhorbitantly inflated costs of owning private transport in Singapore, then public transport should be made to offer the same level of timeliness, comfort and privacy at the same price of public transport. Or at the price before the implementation of COE and OMV. Or, just hardly expect people to be on time for school and work.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      The name should be:

      CarBike Bus Services Pte Ltd.

      If a daily traveller in Singapore is prevented from commuting in the same level of control, comfort and privacy as private transport such as a CAR or BIKE can offer due to the artificially, arbitrarily and exhorbitantly inflated costs of owning private transport in Singapore, then public transport should be made to offer the same level of timeliness, comfort and privacy at the same price of public transport. Or at the price before the implementation of COE and OMV. Or, just hardly expect people to be on time for school and work.

      Hahaha nice joke

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Hahaha nice joke

      nah, the govt is a joke right now.

      later bikes needs licensing, COE, ARF, OMV, ERP (bikes now is subjected to licensing)

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      nah, the govt is a joke right now.

      later bikes needs licensing, COE, ARF, OMV, ERP (bikes now is subjected to licensing)

      More like LHL's family is a joke.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,030 posts since Nov '13
    • Hi mr SMB145B and mr iveco, this is a bus forum. Do not sway away too much. If you want comment about politics, there is a politics forum in sg forums. We came here for the love of buses. Thanks. 

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB145B and mr iveco, this is a bus forum. Do not sway away too much. If you want comment about politics, there is a politics forum in sg forums. We came here for the love of buses. Thanks. 

      I am aware of that. I also believe the reason why BCM is turning into a joke is because we have clowns running the show.

      Edited by iveco 16 Aug `17, 8:30AM
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      I am aware of that. I also believe the reason why BCM is turning into a joke is because we have clowns running the show.

      Nay,They are smart peoples you know except that a few got this preference attitute that never die..Must be transparent if you want competitive and improvement.Not i love this particular operator more because they have been in sg for so long..

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Problem is naming,What to use?Singapore Urban Bus?Let Temasek buy 20% of the share also.If LTA gives them the 3 packages on permanent basis I'll be glad to join.

      Singapore Bus Service.

      Edited by gekpohboy 16 Aug `17, 10:41AM
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr SMB145B and mr iveco, this is a bus forum. Do not sway away too much. If you want comment about politics, there is a politics forum in sg forums. We came here for the love of buses. Thanks. 

      BCM is full of politics in play.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,056 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      BCM is full of politics in play.

      So? There is nothing we all can do.

       

      Anyway, Bukit Merah contract tender closes at the end of the month IIRC. Let's watch the drama unfold when the shortlist is revealed.

  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,234 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      So? There is nothing we all can do.

       

      Anyway, Bukit Merah contract tender closes at the end of the month IIRC. Let's watch the drama unfold when the shortlist is revealed.

      just for info,

      just get the popcorn ready.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,969 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB145B:

      just for info,

      just get the popcorn ready.

      No need popcorn...SBST 60%,SMRT 40%..

  • sgbuses's Avatar
    2,348 posts since Nov '05
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      So? There is nothing we all can do.

       

      Anyway, Bukit Merah contract tender closes at the end of the month IIRC. Let's watch the drama unfold when the shortlist is revealed.

      Don't forget the army of bus lobbyists.

Please Login or Signup to reply.