26 Apr, 11:09PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 2,000 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    2,194 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

Beside SBST,Whoever wins the Bt Merah package have to take the SPAD KUBs too?

Or register under SPAD those SG-plated O530s and free the KUBs

21,313 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

If SMRT wins they might make 170X operate out of BPJ and renumber it as 974.

There is the future Gali Batu terminal and if they win they can use the temp bus park.

17,245 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

Or register under SPAD those SG-plated O530s and free the KUBs

It is inevitable that SG-plated Citaros will have to be registered with SPAD one day. Ditto for the A22s.

2,269 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by iveco:

It is inevitable that SG-plated Citaros will have to be registered with SPAD one day. Ditto for the A22s.

we already have A22s that are JB-reg.

as for the taros, we would see soon.

• Heard from a few chaps that in future svc 34 & 36 will use bendy buses..Wonder if its true.

2,380 posts since Nov '05

Heard from a few chaps that in future svc 34 & 36 will use bendy buses..Wonder if its true.

Where will these bendy buses come from?

• Originally posted by sgbuses:

Where will these bendy buses come from?

There's the question..Unless LTA want to buy lush green A24.But again didn't LTA dislike bendy buses?Or overcrowding issues and T4?

There's the question..Unless LTA want to buy lush green A24.But again didn't LTA dislike bendy buses?Or overcrowding issues and T4?

Why the change of heart?

Why the change of heart?

Hahaha i really have no idea...Maybe because Airport isn't DD friendly at all and with the opening of T4 they forsee more and more demands.

2,180 posts since Mar '16
    270 posts since Jul '17
    • SMRT is the very only bus operator whom has the experience in managing bendies n done well so far. All 3 other operators cannot make it. So there is no chance to see any services outside SMRT to operate bendies.

• Originally posted by A22 fan:

SMRT is the very only bus operator whom has the experience in managing bendies n done well so far. All 3 other operators cannot make it. So there is no chance to see any services outside SMRT to operate bendies.

Bendy training isnt that hard also,In fact when you already know how to reverse and turn,It's more easier to drive than 12m buses..Only bane is small bus stops where the BCs has to be very smart..and also traffic jams

• Originally posted by A22 fan:

SMRT is the very only bus operator whom has the experience in managing bendies n done well so far. All 3 other operators cannot make it. So there is no chance to see any services outside SMRT to operate bendies.

All 3 of these operators have overseas experience operating bendy buses (Swan Transit, Hillsbus, Go Ahead London Red Arrow).

All 3 of these operators have overseas experience operating bendy buses (Swan Transit, Hillsbus, Go Ahead London Red Arrow).

And guess what,GA Ang Moh trainers love to drive bendies. 

5,034 posts since May '11

Hahaha i really have no idea...Maybe because Airport isn't DD friendly at all and with the opening of T4 they forsee more and more demands.

Got chance build DD friendly terminal in Jewel, they dw. Now look at the predicament they are trapped in?!

Clearly LTA does not foresee a DD friendly future with CAAS being so stubborn and ignorant. Think 110 is only the first move to circumvent this obstacle, among many others to come. 

• Originally posted by gekpohboy:

You sure single-decker buses are not enough to meet demand?

You sure you don't need checkup in IMH?

Have you NOT seen 34 and 53? Are you rly so ignorant as to think that everyone working in airport stays in the northeast?

Quite the contrary actually. 34 constantly flies the SATS Canteen stop, filled with residents from tamp, both east and west. 53, being the only svc to CGA from Loyang and PSR, is no better. 

Just because 27 has seen a slight dip in demand, and 110 is coming up, doesn't mean that the situation in CGA is getting better. In fact, expect it to worsen with 110 jamming up the basement and causing more congestion to the mess that is already present.  

110 relieves the load for 858, NOT the airport. It doesn't even touch any suburbs in the east, so why would you even claim that ALL svcs will be able to cope? 

Open your eyes big big and see what is out there, coz from all the times I've observed you, you seem to be too holed up in your small Gek Poh area, and trying to see the world from there. 

Edited by SMB128B 10 Sep `17, 10:52PM
    1,489 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

Serious though. True, I have not seen bus 34 and 53 loading before, but I have seen before 858 and 36. During off-peak hours, when I was at the airport, there were seats available after the bus leaves the airport.

I assume peak hour loading should be the same, as the airport is not where people live, but just where people work, and not everyone start work and end work at the same time. That's why I feel that single-decker buses should be enough to meet the demand at the airport.

I haven't checked the bus app yet. Will refer to mytransport.sg tomorrow to observe the bus loading at Changi Airport.

I'm sorry if I have offended you.

Serious though. True, I have not seen bus 34 and 53 loading before, but I have seen before 190 and 972. During off-peak hours, when I was at Orchard, there were seats available after the bus leaves Orchard.

I assume peak hour loading should be the same, as Orchard is not where people live, but just where people work and go shopping, and not everyone start work/shopping and end work/shopping at the same time. That's why I feel that single-decker buses should be enough to meet the demand at Orchard.

I haven't checked the bus app yet. Will refer to mytransport.sg tomorrow to observe loading at Orchard.

Edited by array88 10 Sep `17, 11:22PM
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

Got chance build DD friendly terminal in Jewel, they dw. Now look at the predicament they are trapped in?!

Clearly LTA does not foresee a DD friendly future with CAAS being so stubborn and ignorant. Think 110 is only the first move to circumvent this obstacle, among many others to come. 

Everybody was so excited when T4 bus stop is finally not at the basement. Then 110 still plies T1,2,3 basement...

• Originally posted by array88:

Everybody was so excited when T4 bus stop is finally not at the basement. Then 110 still plies T1,2,3 basement...

Even if 110 only plies T4.. what's the use eh? The bulk of ppl working in T1 to T3 will still continue taking 27 or 858.. and ofc you still have the many more in the north and the east still crammed into 34, 53, 858..

• Originally posted by array88:

Serious though. True, I have not seen bus 34 and 53 loading before, but I have seen before 190 and 972. During off-peak hours, when I was at Orchard, there were seats available after the bus leaves Orchard.

I assume peak hour loading should be the same, as Orchard is not where people live, but just where people work and go shopping, and not everyone start work/shopping and end work/shopping at the same time. That's why I feel that single-decker buses should be enough to meet the demand at Orchard.

I haven't checked the bus app yet. Will refer to mytransport.sg tomorrow to observe loading at Orchard.

He's rly hopeless..

off peak hours.. and of all the svcs he could have looked at, 36..

It's like he has never been to the airport before (not surprised tho)..

Yup. I believe there would be more bus services at Changi Airport to alleviate the demand.

Indeed. Thankfully, in 2014, SMRT procured 40 units of MAN articulated buses. They can be purchased by LTA and deployed on airport bus routes if required. If need be, more articulated buses can be procured to serve the airport.

There's still a place for articulated buses after all. Hallelujah.

Edited by gekpohboy 10 Sep `17, 11:53PM
    3,087 posts since Nov '13

You sure you don't need checkup in IMH?

Have you NOT seen 34 and 53? Are you rly so ignorant as to think that everyone working in airport stays in the northeast?

Quite the contrary actually. 34 constantly flies the SATS Canteen stop, filled with residents from tamp, both east and west. 53, being the only svc to CGA from Loyang and PSR, is no better. 

Just because 27 has seen a slight dip in demand, and 110 is coming up, doesn't mean that the situation in CGA is getting better. In fact, expect it to worsen with 110 jamming up the basement and causing more congestion to the mess that is already present.  

110 relieves the load for 858, NOT the airport. It doesn't even touch any suburbs in the east, so why would you even claim that ALL svcs will be able to cope? 

Open your eyes big big and see what is out there, coz from all the times I've observed you, you seem to be too holed up in your small Gek Poh area, and trying to see the world from there. 

Hi mr SMB128B, I agree with you. On the other day I took service 34 from Punggol to CHangi airport terminal 2 to take my flight. It was the 2nd bus which depart Punggol interchange at 5.42am early in the morning. I thought I am damn clever to take the first 2 buses in the morning to airport and I expect it to be one hell of a fast ride being in the early morning with lots of empty space in the bus.

Oh boy I was damn wrong. At Punggol side, there was a steady line of people queuing at interchange. It was not crowded initially. By the time it reaches tampines side, it was super crowded. At every stop, many people boarded. Not sure why it was like this. People were standing so close to my legs since I was sitting right from the start. So many people boarded all over tampines and never did I expect it to be so bad just like 858 at TPE stop. This goes to show many at tampines depended on service 34 to get to CGA. Guess it will continue to be like this since 34 is the only service connecting tampines and Terminal 4 in time to come. Cheers. Thanks.

Please Login or Signup to reply.