26 Apr, 11:12PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 2,000 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

Even if 110 only plies T4.. what's the use eh? The bulk of ppl working in T1 to T3 will still continue taking 27 or 858.. and ofc you still have the many more in the north and the east still crammed into 34, 53, 858..

I agree that 110 could have been planned better to include more towns, like Pasir Ris and Tampines. The catchment at Sengkang may not be enough to warrant high capacity buses.

The assumption is that 858 commuters mostly come from that TPE bus stop, or many of them would make a same-stop transfer to 110. But honestly, I don't think 110 would require high capacity buses.

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

There is the future Gali Batu terminal and if they win they can use the temp bus park.

With regards to Gali Batu terminal, I have a feeling that it would be SMRT operating the bus terminal.

This is because in the certificate issued last week for commuters taking the first bus out of Bukit Panjang Bus Interchange, the "General Manager" title has the word "(Gali Batu)" beside it. I have a feeling that this means Gali Batu terminal would be managed by SMRT.

As for the temporary bus park, it's probably the temporary facility before Gali Batu terminal opens.

Edited by gekpohboy 11 Sep `17, 12:09AM
    3,087 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by gekpohboy:

I agree that 110 could have been planned better to include more towns, like Pasir Ris and Tampines. The catchment at Sengkang may not be enough to warrant high capacity buses.

The assumption is that 858 commuters mostly come from that TPE bus stop, or many of them would make a same-stop transfer to 110. But honestly, I don't think 110 would require high capacity buses.

Hi mr gekpohboy, 110 is planned to be a fast and direct route to airport. Why need to go tampines and pasir ris to make it winding? Doesn't that directly oppose its objectives? Cheers. Thanks.

• Originally posted by iveco:

It is inevitable that SG-plated Citaros will have to be registered with SPAD one day. Ditto for the A22s.

Yes, unless they decide to use A22s on 160 and 170, then this means more A22s would be registered with SPAD, which would be easier cuz already got track record, and also easier to register next time (if all the crossboarder buses use the same bus model).

Whereas for the A22s involved, they can be swooped with Citaros.

Edited by gekpohboy 11 Sep `17, 12:23AM
    336 posts since Jun '14
    • Svc 53 loading to/fro CGA is on par with Svc 858 loading. Theu even add an SWT for Svc 53 just to cater to PSR - CGA. How is that loading not low?

5,034 posts since May '11

No that's not the point omg, I understand that the purpose of 110 is NOT to alleviate the crowds in the east.. I'm saying that the LR solution is to build DD friendly terminals, and it's absolutely ludicrous to claim that 110 alone can solve the overcrowding issues of all airport svcs.. never did I say that 110 should solve problems in the east, that was never 110's job..

If you reroute 110 to ply the east what's the bloody point for northeast residents then?? It's just gonna be another 27.. and 858 will still be crowded as before (if not worse w T4)...

555 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by SMB128B:

No that's not the point omg, I understand that the purpose of 110 is NOT to alleviate the crowds in the east.. I'm saying that the LR solution is to build DD friendly terminals, and it's absolutely ludicrous to claim that 110 alone can solve the overcrowding issues of all airport svcs.. never did I say that 110 should solve problems in the east, that was never 110's job..

If you reroute 110 to ply the east what's the bloody point for northeast residents then?? It's just gonna be another 27.. and 858 will still be crowded as before (if not worse w T4)...

If someone does not believe what i have said previously, here's an evidence that the problem with airport services are real. Yes i know for some ppl 110 may look like a white elephant, but wouldn't it be better to let's observe the situation of 110 for abt a week to a month to decide and start any argument war here? Why are you counting chicken b4 they are hatched?

Edited by CZT 11 Sep `17, 11:32AM

Edited by gekpohboy 11 Sep `17, 12:07PM
    • This is getting very unhealthy. We need to stop this.

As the person center to this problem, I will voluntarily withdraw from this discussion.

Edited by gekpohboy 11 Sep `17, 12:27PM
    21,313 posts since Nov '03

110 is to compliment 858 from TPE to Airport..

• Originally posted by dupdup77:

Hi mr gekpohboy, 110 is planned to be a fast and direct route to airport. Why need to go tampines and pasir ris to make it winding? Doesn't that directly oppose its objectives? Cheers. Thanks.

Absolutely...In future there might be bendies also

• Many of my Airport friends who board 858 from TPE to Airport is getting fed up with only 1 direct svc to Airport..

1,672 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by wsy1234:

KMB is coming to bid for the 18 route pakage

Ha?I thought bidding is already closed 

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

Ha?I thought bidding is already closed 

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/china-firms-one-belt-one-road-one-spore-bus-bid

State-owned Shenzhen Bus Group (SZBG) sees its bid for Singapore's fourth bus contract - its maiden overseas foray - as part of China's One Belt, One Road initiative.

With Hong Kong's Kowloon Motor Bus as a stakeholder, SZBG also runs a number of cross-border services between Shenzhen and Hong Kong.

Number of electric buses owned by Shenzhen Bus Group, making it the world's biggest electric bus operator.

• by the way 170 is in the pakage?

• I belive  SZBG the winning is high with KMB as a stakeholder. SBS had in th past learn from KMB.

• Originally posted by wsy1234:

by the way 170 is in the pakage?

Yes it is..Bt Merah package routes will be 5,16,57,93,120,121,123/123M,131/131M,

145,160,170/170X,195,198,272,273,400 & 402.Suspect there will be more new svc in future.

• To save on the Straits Times limit, here's the article for your reading, without having to click on that article:

• China firm's One Belt, One Road, one Singapore bus bid

State-owned Shenzhen Bus Group (SZBG) sees its bid for Singapore's fourth bus contract - its maiden overseas foray - as part of China's One Belt, One Road initiative.

Explaining its decision to venture overseas, SZBG deputy general manager Joe Ma told The Straits Times that "the time is right for the company to seize the initiative and build on its clear successes in its home market".

"In so doing, SZBG is also acting to support China's Belt and Road Initiative, whereby enterprises, particularly those providing infrastructure and services, are encouraged to venture into the global market," he said.

The Singapore bus market "is considered one of the best and most prestigious in the world", he said.

The fourth bus package is relatively small with 18 routes. The previous one had 26. It drew five other bidders - SBS Transit, SMRT, Tower Transit, Go-Ahead and Jiaoyun Group-Travel GSH consortium.

Mr Ma said SZBG is the largest public transport operator in Shenzhen, in south-eastern China. It has an all-electric fleet of some 5,700, making it the world's biggest electric bus operator.

With Hong Kong's Kowloon Motor Bus as a stakeholder, SZBG also runs a number of cross-border services between Shenzhen and Hong Kong.

Mr Ma reckons this gives it an edge in the Bukit Merah package, which includes two cross-border services to Johor Baru.

The company, set up in 1975, also employs several pioneering technologies, such as mobile phone bus fare payment, a "lost and found" app, and a patented fast electric-charging technology.

"In addition, we are pioneering premium on-demand bus services and the use of artificial intelligence in the form of predictive analytics," he said.

Mr Ma added that SZBG is also testing face-recognition technology to monitor a bus driver's behaviour and fatigue level, vehicle collision avoidance systems, and devices to detect corrosive and inflammable substances onboard.

"Despite Singapore's relatively smaller physical size compared with Shenzhen, we recognise and admire the city's prominent global status as an international tourism and event destination, attracting well over 16 million international visitors in 2016," Mr Ma said.

Apart from public buses, SZBG's business covers taxis (with 2,800 of them being electric), limousine and car rental services, bus advertising services, property development and management, new energy, big data and financing.

It has a fleet of some 11,000 vehicles with total assets of 8 billion yuan (S$1.6 billion) and a workforce of 25,000.

Edited by gekpohboy 13 Sep `17, 12:53PM
    555 posts since Jun '16

China firm's One Belt, One Road, one Singapore bus bid

Explaining its decision to venture overseas, SZBG deputy general manager Joe Ma told The Straits Times that "the time is right for the company to seize the initiative and build on its clear successes in its home market".

"In so doing, SZBG is also acting to support China's Belt and Road Initiative, whereby enterprises, particularly those providing infrastructure and services, are encouraged to venture into the global market," he said.

The Singapore bus market "is considered one of the best and most prestigious in the world", he said.

The fourth bus package is relatively small with 18 routes. The previous one had 26. It drew five other bidders - SBS Transit, SMRT, Tower Transit, Go-Ahead and Jiaoyun Group-Travel GSH consortium.

Mr Ma said SZBG is the largest public transport operator in Shenzhen, in south-eastern China. It has an all-electric fleet of some 5,700, making it the world's biggest electric bus operator.

Mr Ma reckons this gives it an edge in the Bukit Merah package, which includes two cross-border services to Johor Baru.

The company, set up in 1975, also employs several pioneering technologies, such as mobile phone bus fare payment, a "lost and found" app, and a patented fast electric-charging technology.

"In addition, we are pioneering premium on-demand bus services and the use of artificial intelligence in the form of predictive analytics," he said.

Mr Ma added that SZBG is also testing face-recognition technology to monitor a bus driver's behaviour and fatigue level, vehicle collision avoidance systems, and devices to detect corrosive and inflammable substances onboard.

"Despite Singapore's relatively smaller physical size compared with Shenzhen, we recognise and admire the city's prominent global status as an international tourism and event destination, attracting well over 16 million international visitors in 2016," Mr Ma said.

Apart from public buses, SZBG's business covers taxis (with 2,800 of them being electric), limousine and car rental services, bus advertising services, property development and management, new energy, big data and financing.

It has a fleet of some 11,000 vehicles with total assets of 8 billion yuan (S$1.6 billion) and a workforce of 25,000.

Thanks

By the looks of the article, SZBG may stand a high chance of winning, coz they have many things that are in favour of many LTA's aims and goals

• But then again, our causeway is one of the world's most busiest cross-border roads. Is their road that hectic? If not they might face new challenges along the way as well, especially when they have to work with SPAD to some extent if im not wrong, and also handle the causeway traffic. Whatever the case, let's hope situations improve aft it has been tendered out

Edited by CZT 13 Sep `17, 1:21PM
    • Originally posted by CZT:

Thanks

By the looks of the article, SZBG may stand a high chance of winning, coz they have many things that are in favour of many LTA's aims and goals

and employment will be good as drivers from hong kong and china will be easy to employ by them

• Wait long2 la can win..With the current trend it's obviously SBST...SMRT also have a 40/60 chances.

555 posts since Jun '16
    • I just read the comments section, and realised ppl concerned over PRCs being drivers causing lang barriers, and China products/management will be screwed up. Keeping an open mind, i think they wont hire all PRCs or be biased by employing them more easily, just like how TT and GA opened up to all. Of course, PRCs here or in the region will likely be more drawn to this contract and definitely more will apply for a job coz its a co that is based in their hometown. But be aware that if that is to happen, those driving cross borders ought to know simple malay too! just to clarify, the current BCs driving cross borders are mostly, if not all, are malaysians and a few singaporeans right? i dun rmb any other FTs driving these routes

Please Login or Signup to reply.