24 Sep, 11:39PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,754 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,075 posts since Aug '07
    • It is obviously either SBST or Tower Transit. They all have experiences in Telok Blangah and may look forward to Johor Bahru. As though 160/170 are cross-border service, they are like service 84 of London.

      SMRT, Go-Ahead - may understand the trouble of doing this.

  • CZT's Avatar
    440 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Wait long2 la can win..With the current trend it's obviously SBST...SMRT also have a 40/60 chances.

      hmmm but LTA stare at money only wad, and by telling them i have electric buses and cashless payments obvly LTA would embrace them more

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by CZT:

      hmmm but LTA stare at money only wad, and by telling them i have electric buses and cashless payments obvly LTA would embrace them more

      So what they have electric buses?Go-Ahead also experienced on electric buses in London.Bt Merah package doesn't have any electric buses also.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,027 posts since Mar '04
    • SBST already has PRCs on their payroll. Anyway, only Malaysians are allowed to drive JB-bound routes due to legal constraints.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      SBST already has PRCs on their payroll. Anyway, only Malaysians are allowed to drive JB-bound routes due to legal constraints.

      I knew there's a couple of Singaporeans(Senior BC) who drive 170

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Let me see in 2018

      Yishun Int>SBST 800,803,805,805,806,807,811,812,851,852 & 860..11 svc as tenant

      againts SMRT>171,853,854,854E,855 & 857..6 svc as anchor operator..856 not counted as its a Woodlands svc.859 is Sembawang.Not to mention SBST 39 & 103..SBST will rule and conquer Yishun sial

    • And my feeling says that SMRT will win the Bukit Merah Package..AC7 might change operator in future.

  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,042 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Let me see in 2018

      Yishun Int>SBST 800,803,805,805,806,807,811,812,851,852 & 860..11 svc as tenant

      againts SMRT>171,853,854,854E,855 & 857..6 svc as anchor operator..856 not counted as its a Woodlands svc.859 is Sembawang.Not to mention SBST 39 & 103..SBST will rule and conquer Yishun sial

      You forgot 850E. 12 vs 6, or 11 vs 5 if u dont want to count the peak-only E services.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      You forgot 850E. 12 vs 6, or 11 vs 5 if u dont want to count the peak-only E services.

      850E from St 11.SMRT passingby svc is 858,965 & 969.

    • It's like a humiliation for SMRT as an anchor operator sial.Why LTA don't want give 825 to SBST and let SMRT retain 851?I am pretty sure they will deploy more DDs once the bendies scrap gradually 

  • AntiDennisLance's Avatar
    1,042 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      It's like a humiliation for SMRT as an anchor operator sial.Why LTA don't want give 825 to SBST and let SMRT retain 851?I am pretty sure they will deploy more DDs once the bendies scrap gradually 

      SMRT wont increase the HC numbers for 851 one. At most one-for-one replacement from Bendy to DD. They do not want 851 to compete with their ultra profitable MRT NSL. There is conflict of interest there.

      SBS has minibus fleet for 825?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AntiDennisLance:

      SMRT wont increase the HC numbers for 851 one. At most one-for-one replacement from Bendy to DD. They do not want 851 to compete with their ultra profitable MRT NSL. There is conflict of interest there.

      SBS has minibus fleet for 825?

      Can just use their Citoro or KUBs and extend the operating hours la dey

    • 825 used to have UDs,Lance cameo before 

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,015 posts since Nov '13
    • All, there are 2 bidders Sbs transit and smrt for Singapore TEL Thomson east coast mrt line. Read somewhere that smrt bid 30% lesser thus was awarded the 9 yrs contract. If it was true, then we know that money is really the most important factor in awarding contracts recently. Cheers. Thanks.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      All, there are 2 bidders Sbs transit and smrt for Singapore TEL Thomson east coast mrt line. Read somewhere that smrt bid 30% lesser thus was awarded the 9 yrs contract. If it was true, then we know that money is really the most important factor in awarding contracts recently. Cheers. Thanks.

      Lol,2 brothers bidding only?

    • Lui Tuck Yew era:Waste money to get quality service

      Khaw Boon Wan era:Save money,Award local operators as much as possible but get under average service.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,015 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Lol,2 brothers bidding only?

      Hi mr carbikebus, yes. For mrt contracts, only open to Sbs transit and smrt. The rest, NO. Cheers. Thanks.

  • phillipC's Avatar
    999 posts since Feb '05
    • Obvious protecting the incompetent operator like SMRT. TEL awarded to SMRT, Sv 944, Sv 110 and Sv 807 all "tender" out to SMRT. Really heading downhills with our leadership. I really hope the Bt Merah route package dont go to SMRT, god bless those ppl taking Sv 170 & 160 to/from Malaysia if SMRT run these routes.

      based on my experience, SBST has run DTL and NEL pretty well, including their contigency plans for lines down. Bus captains are refreshed occassionally on these MRT routes. Cleaniness in both trains and stations are generally cleaner in these two lines as compared to those trains and lines run by SMRT.

      Edited by phillipC 19 Sep `17, 10:04PM
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,215 posts since Dec '12
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi mr carbikebus, yes. For mrt contracts, only open to Sbs transit and smrt. The rest, NO. Cheers. Thanks.

      I think either should be getting all of MRT system to operate as one.

      Edited by SMB145B 20 Sep `17, 12:27AM
  • SBS7557R's Avatar
    5,316 posts since May '11
    • Originally posted by phillipC:

      Obvious protecting the incompetent operator like SMRT. TEL awarded to SMRT, Sv 944, Sv 110 and Sv 807 all "tender" out to SMRT. Really heading downhills with our leadership. I really hope the Bt Merah route package dont go to SMRT, god bless those ppl taking Sv 170 & 160 to/from Malaysia if SMRT run these routes.

      based on my experience, SBST has run DTL and NEL pretty well, including their contigency plans for lines down. Bus captains are refreshed occassionally on these MRT routes. Cleaniness in both trains and stations are generally cleaner in these two lines as compared to those trains and lines run by SMRT.

      807 will be SBST bound next year anws

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • LTA should consider the BCI Citirider 12m SD(6.7L300hp1100nm)

      & Citirider DD(8.9L340hp1500nm).There is also a 12m China electric DD with 350hp

  • CZT's Avatar
    440 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by phillipC:

      Obvious protecting the incompetent operator like SMRT. TEL awarded to SMRT, Sv 944, Sv 110 and Sv 807 all "tender" out to SMRT. Really heading downhills with our leadership. I really hope the Bt Merah route package dont go to SMRT, god bless those ppl taking Sv 170 & 160 to/from Malaysia if SMRT run these routes.

      based on my experience, SBST has run DTL and NEL pretty well, including their contigency plans for lines down. Bus captains are refreshed occassionally on these MRT routes. Cleaniness in both trains and stations are generally cleaner in these two lines as compared to those trains and lines run by SMRT.

      I have to absolutely agree to ur view. Even their taxis are at risk of being engulfed by grab/uber, but then again, im not wholly sure their standards in their taxi ops compared to the more successful comfort delgro (which oversee SBST)

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,761 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TPS Timothy Mok:

      It is obviously either SBST or Tower Transit. They all have experiences in Telok Blangah and may look forward to Johor Bahru. As though 160/170 are cross-border service, they are like service 84 of London.

      SMRT, Go-Ahead - may understand the trouble of doing this.

      If you look at this way then forever other Operators don't get a chance to prove themselves.Its already 2017,Please throw those backwards mindset into the trash bin.

    • Originally posted by CZT:

      I have to absolutely agree to ur view. Even their taxis are at risk of being engulfed by grab/uber, but then again, im not wholly sure their standards in their taxi ops compared to the more successful comfort delgro (which oversee SBST)

      SMRT is under Temasek holdings though some of the LTA people dislike their way of service.That is the reason why i strongly suggest to combine TTS/GAS and let awarded them 4 packages while SMRT takes 3 and the 7 goes to SBST.

      With this,SMRT run the NEL,TEL,CCL & the PGL-SKG LRT

      SBST operates the EWL-NSL,DTL,JRL & the BPJ LRT while TTS-GAS combined run the future Cross Island Line.

      You want equality?If not dont talk about it.

Please Login or Signup to reply.