17 Dec, 02:49AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,886 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • Marvel68's Avatar
    254 posts since Oct '14
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      SMRT is under Temasek holdings though some of the LTA people dislike their way of service.That is the reason why i strongly suggest to combine TTS/GAS and let awarded them 4 packages while SMRT takes 3 and the 7 goes to SBST.

      With this,SMRT run the NEL,TEL,CCL & the PGL-SKG LRT

      SBST operates the EWL-NSL,DTL,JRL & the BPJ LRT while TTS-GAS combined run the future Cross Island Line.

      You want equality?If not dont talk about it.

      +1 for SBST running EWL-NSL. Actually I don't mind any other operator running these lines other than SMRT themselves if there's going to contracting model for the train industry. People are getting increasingly fed up with their bs excuses for the countless delays, faults and whatnots. Now they don't even bother announce delays anymore. Really jialat...

  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,183 posts since Mar '16
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
  • phillipC's Avatar
    1,014 posts since Feb '05
    • SMRT simply don't invest a cent in the maintaineance, BPLRT the new cars all with layers of dust and cobweb. Simply bo chap or can't be bothered attitude. really Jia lak

      Edited by phillipC 24 Sep `17, 1:33PM
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
    • Seletar

      I think SBST will use the SG B3 A95,SG Citaro,SG B9TL and SMB 3xxx series plus a few SG A22

    •  

      SMB3052R KJDEP SP

      SMB3075A AMDEP 858

      SMB3076Y AMDEP SP

      SMB3077U WLDEP 912A

      SMB3078S WLDEP SP

      SMB3079P AMDEP SP

      SMB3080J WLDEP SP

      SMB3081G WLDEP 904

      SMB3082D WLDEP 904

      SMB3083B WLDEP SP

      SMB3085X WLDEP 911

      SMB3086T KJDEP 975

      SMB3087R KJDEP 975

      SMB3088M KJDEP 975

      SMB3089K WLDEP SP

      SMB3090E WLDEP SP

      SMB3091C WLDEP SP

      SMB3092A WLDEP SP

      SMB3093Y WLDEP SP

      SMB3094U WLDEP SP

      SMB3095S AMDEP 804

      SMB3096P AMDEP SP

      SMB3097L AMDEP 804

      SMB3098J KJDEP SP

      SMB3099G KJDEP 67

      SMB3100K KJDEP 700

      SMB3101H KJDEP 700

      SMB3102E  KJDEP 700

      SMB3103C KJDEP 700

      SMB3104A AMDEP 803

      SMB3105Y WLDEP 925

      SMB3106U AMDEP 803

      SMB3107S AMDEP 803

      SMB3108P AMDEP 803

      SMB3109L WLDEP 904

      SMB3110G WLDEP SP

      SMB3111D KJDEP 983

      SMB3112B KJDEP 983

      SMB3113Z KJDEP 700

      SMB3114X  AMDEP SP

      SMB3115T  WLDEP 912A

      SMB3116R WLDEP 912A

       

      suspect all will go SBST


  • TIB1234T 962's Avatar
    1 post since Sep '17
    • Heard there are 2 MAN A24 parking at Seletar Depot but the SMRT logo had tear off. Does this mean its also under SBS?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by TIB1234T 962:

      Heard there are 2 MAN A24 parking at Seletar Depot but the SMRT logo had tear off. Does this mean its also under SBS?

      Possible if 24 use bendy

  • array88's Avatar
    1,421 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Possible if 24 use bendy

      If that's true, GA should really receive a few A24s for 36 and possibly 34...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by array88:

      If that's true, GA should really receive a few A24s for 36 and possibly 34...

      Depending on LTA..SMRT must at least have 20 A24

      34:Can deploy 6 on weekdays and 5 on weekends 

      36:No need.Maybe 36M Siglap-Tomlinson-Siglap using 5 DD and 2 SD is enough to supplement 36.

  • Bryanlisa668's Avatar
    4 posts since Oct '17
    • Binary option trade!!! Are you interested in binary option trade? Or have you been having problems in earning?or are you new in trading? It's possible for you to be getting up to $13,000 in 7days

      Here are possible earning in 7days.

      Possible return 

      $200 to $2500 in 7days

      $300 to $3500 in 7days

      $400 to $4500 in 7days

      $500 to $5500 in 7days

      $600 to $6500 in 7days

      $700 to $7500 in 7days

      For more info contact me via Facebook :Bryan Lisa or email :[email protected]

  • A22 fan's Avatar
    171 posts since Jul '17
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by A22 fan:

      Unless LTA allows lifespan extension on the later batches of O405Gs..

      LTA won’t allow non WAB buses to extend anymore..Remember their goals is to achieve 100% WAB fleets by 2020

  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,159 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      LTA won’t allow non WAB buses to extend anymore..Remember their goals is to achieve 100% WAB fleets by 2020

      LTA did not allow buses to extend from December 2014. Revert back to 17 year lifespan without any lifespan extension.

      This is to allow bus services to be segregated according to bus packages.

  • SMB128B's Avatar
    4,972 posts since May '11
    • Really surprised that SBST took in bendies. Really, really surprised. 

      Always thought that WL and CCK would receive more bendies after Seletar. 

      At least now I can anticipate bendies for my dear 24 haha

      Edited by SMB128B 01 Oct `17, 9:45PM
  • A22 fan's Avatar
    171 posts since Jul '17
    • I also felt surprise too for SBST accepting A24s. Well its a good thing as sbst trys to prove that they add more dimension by adding more models in their fleet to maximum variety..A22s also too..πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,368 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by A22 fan:

      I also felt surprise too for SBST accepting A24s. Well its a good thing as sbst trys to prove that they add more dimension by adding more models in their fleet to maximum variety..A22s also too..πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

      obviously, this is stated in the tender..... so which ever operator who gotten the seletar contract will get the A24...

  • sgbuses's Avatar
    2,358 posts since Nov '05
    • Originally posted by A22 fan:

      I also felt surprise too for SBST accepting A24s. Well its a good thing as sbst trys to prove that they add more dimension by adding more models in their fleet to maximum variety..A22s also too..πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

      And maximize operational costs...BCM has obviously lost its way. Wait till you hear about the next fare hike announcement.

  • dupdup77's Avatar
    3,058 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by sgbuses:

      And maximize operational costs...BCM has obviously lost its way. Wait till you hear about the next fare hike announcement.

      Hi sgbuses, fare hike is always expected. However it is not really up to the claim of $4.20 which you stated previously. Cheers. Thanks.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,368 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

      Hi sgbuses, fare hike is always expected. However it is not really up to the claim of $4.20 which you stated previously. Cheers. Thanks.

      they are going to lose 800 million a year on bus operations. so let say they need to recover 50% of that .. it will be 400 million..

      4mil bus passengers every day x 365 days = 1.46 billion passengers trips per year.

      400 mil / 1.46 billion  = 0.27..

      so need to increase average $0.27/TRIP to cover 400 million... but problem is that many of the trips are transfer trips (which we are paying $0.05 or $0.10),,so definitely have to increase more to cover...

      first of all, i think they have to increase price for City Direct... these CDs are losing big money everyday....

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      they are going to lose 800 million a year on bus operations. so let say they need to recover 50% of that .. it will be 400 million..

      4mil bus passengers every day x 365 days = 1.46 billion passengers trips per year.

      400 mil / 1.46 billion  = 0.27..

      so need to increase average $0.27/TRIP to cover 400 million... but problem is that many of the trips are transfer trips (which we are paying $0.05 or $0.10),,so definitely have to increase more to cover...

      first of all, i think they have to increase price for City Direct... these CDs are losing big money everyday....

      Agreed that why its wiser to award to Public operator which pay based on mileage 

  • sgbuses's Avatar
    2,358 posts since Nov '05
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Agreed that why its wiser to award to Public operator which pay based on mileage 

      And there is a public backlash after PTOs started operating City Direct services.

      Wait for two to three more years and you can expect the same level of anger against bus services as how they currently feel about train services.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by sgbuses:

      And there is a public backlash after PTOs started operating City Direct services.

      Wait for two to three more years and you can expect the same level of anger against bus services as how they currently feel about train services.

      Let them be,after a while they will keep quiet.Today 666 second bus play hide and seek also.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,101 posts since Mar '04
    • Several YCK bus routes (including 13 and 72) are now parking at SEDEP while the remaining AMK routes (part of Seletar contract) are still at AMDEP.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,425 posts since Nov '03
Please Login or Signup to reply.