23 Oct, 11:02PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,805 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      Several YCK bus routes (including 13 and 72) are now parking at SEDEP while the remaining AMK routes (part of Seletar contract) are still at AMDEP.

      Sadly 13 is under Bedok,72 is under Tampines..166 will be under Clementi in future

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,061 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Sadly 13 is under Bedok,72 is under Tampines..166 will be under Clementi in future

      166 majority BBDEP, so considered Clementi contract, just like 147. BBDEP minority ones like 156 should be excluded.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      166 majority BBDEP, so considered Clementi contract, just like 147. BBDEP minority ones like 156 should be excluded.

      147 & 166 no problem under Clementi but 156 should be under Hougang-Sengkang considered majority of the routes is within North East & Central

      Edited by carbikebus 03 Oct `17, 8:48PM
  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,116 posts since Aug '07
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Sadly 13 is under Bedok,72 is under Tampines..166 will be under Clementi in future

      depot transfer is ongoing for AMK/YCK/Seletar then Bukit Merah package to Ulu Pandan Bus Depot which will see additional closures. Then Gali Batu, and Mandai, including Changi Bus Depots.

  • lemon1974's Avatar
    9,294 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus: It's like a humiliation for SMRT as an anchor operator sial.Why LTA don't want give 825 to SBST and let SMRT retain 851?I am pretty sure they will deploy more DDs once the bendies scrap gradually ...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

      most likely sv825 will be withdraw by the time the sembawang /yishun contract start, as TEL will most likely be running by then.. couple with 71... (maybe they will introduce sv71M with alternate trip via lentor loop/lentor road/lentor drive

      dun think LTA will want to buy some mini buses, unless they can get some hybrid model or electric model..

      Hino Hybrid 10.5m will be the good choice,Wakakaka 

  • 201911's Avatar
    633 posts since Jun '07
    • Dennis lance used to serve 825 long time ago so regular 12m bus shld be ok, although demand is low except peak hr. I think 825 would stay although they can make it on-demand svc during off peak, like the upcoming trial for 84/400/402 etc.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Actually Amdep can take all those Wldep B9TL for easier transition next year.If Amdep got excess of Citaros,Can transfer to both Kjdep/Wldep.

  • JKYY's Avatar
    20 posts since Oct '17
    • Hmmm... who should be awarded the Bukit Merah Bus Package out of the 6 bids? I wonder why Bus 145 is under this package...

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

      Hmmm... who should be awarded the Bukit Merah Bus Package out of the 6 bids? I wonder why Bus 145 is under this package...

      145 should be either Clementi or stay with Toa Payoh-Bishan.

      Bt Merah should take 92 & 111.

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,061 posts since Mar '04
    • 65 should be under Bukit Merah too as it is majority ARBP. 145 should be out of it as it is full BRBP.

  • TIB987K's Avatar
    1,881 posts since Oct '12
    • LTA AWARDS CONTRACT FOR 50 DIESEL HYBRID BUSES TO VOLVO EAST ASIA (PTE) LTD

      News Releases
      11 Oct 2017

          The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded the tender to procure 50 diesel hybrid buses at about S$30 million to Volvo East Asia (Pte) Ltd.

      2.  This is part of LTA’s efforts to build a more environmentally friendly public bus fleet. Not only can commuters expect quieter and smoother rides, bus captains can also enjoy a more comfortable working environment. To prepare our bus workforce for this change, LTA will work with industry partners to help upgrade and upskill our bus professionals through the Singapore Bus Academy.

      Diesel Hybrid Buses

      3.  Building on LTA’s single-unit diesel hybrid bus trials, 50 diesel hybrid buses will be rolled out gradually for service by the second half of 2018. These low-emission buses will help us better understand the operational challenges that come with the wider deployment of such buses under our tropical climate and traffic conditions, which will enable us to calibrate our approach in adopting diesel hybrid buses in the future. This will also help bus technicians and engineers better understand the technical challenges in maintaining such buses. Details of the services which the 50 diesel hybrid buses will be deployed to will be announced closer to the implementation date.

      4.  In response to LTA’s tender, Volvo East Asia (Pte) Ltd. had earlier submitted a high quality proposal with the best value for money and hence was awarded the contract. The company has a strong track record, with their buses forming about a third of the entire public bus fleet currently in Singapore. In determining the award of the tender, besides the price, LTA also considered many quality aspects of the participating bidders, such as their relevant experience, track records, technical capabilities and compliance to local regulations.

      Electric Buses

      5.  To help LTA gather more up-to-date information on the latest electric bus and charging technologies, a Request for Information for electric buses was put up by LTA on 2 October 2017. The tender to procure 60 electric buses will also be called soon. Commuters can expect to see electric buses deployed for service by 2019.

      goo.gl/AkyAAf

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
  • iveco's Avatar
    17,061 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

      LTA AWARDS CONTRACT FOR 50 DIESEL HYBRID BUSES TO VOLVO EAST ASIA (PTE) LTD

      News Releases
      11 Oct 2017

          The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded the tender to procure 50 diesel hybrid buses at about S$30 million to Volvo East Asia (Pte) Ltd.

      2.  This is part of LTA’s efforts to build a more environmentally friendly public bus fleet. Not only can commuters expect quieter and smoother rides, bus captains can also enjoy a more comfortable working environment. To prepare our bus workforce for this change, LTA will work with industry partners to help upgrade and upskill our bus professionals through the Singapore Bus Academy.

      Diesel Hybrid Buses

      3.  Building on LTA’s single-unit diesel hybrid bus trials, 50 diesel hybrid buses will be rolled out gradually for service by the second half of 2018. These low-emission buses will help us better understand the operational challenges that come with the wider deployment of such buses under our tropical climate and traffic conditions, which will enable us to calibrate our approach in adopting diesel hybrid buses in the future. This will also help bus technicians and engineers better understand the technical challenges in maintaining such buses. Details of the services which the 50 diesel hybrid buses will be deployed to will be announced closer to the implementation date.

      4.  In response to LTA’s tender, Volvo East Asia (Pte) Ltd. had earlier submitted a high quality proposal with the best value for money and hence was awarded the contract. The company has a strong track record, with their buses forming about a third of the entire public bus fleet currently in Singapore. In determining the award of the tender, besides the price, LTA also considered many quality aspects of the participating bidders, such as their relevant experience, track records, technical capabilities and compliance to local regulations.

      Electric Buses

      5.  To help LTA gather more up-to-date information on the latest electric bus and charging technologies, a Request for Information for electric buses was put up by LTA on 2 October 2017. The tender to procure 60 electric buses will also be called soon. Commuters can expect to see electric buses deployed for service by 2019.

      goo.gl/AkyAAf

      I feel sorry for Scania. Did they even bid though?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Future only see Volvo,MAN,Mercedes-Benz,ADL and probably BYD...Hope LTA can consider Hino as well

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,061 posts since Mar '04
    • Hopefully Rapid Bus still using Scania for their Penang ops when LTA stops doing it.

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,935 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      No prize for guessing 

      Do you guys know what will GAS do to SG1199/1200/1201?

      Aren't those for Sv34 & Sv36 extension to T4?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by SMB315C:

      Aren't those for Sv34 & Sv36 extension to T4?

      That’s we all already know,What will they do to the buses?

  • A22 fan's Avatar
    138 posts since Jul '17
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by A22 fan:

      Too bad no MAN buses for GAS.

      Even if GAS want a few A95,Can LTA give?A95 top priority is for SBST & SMRT

  • A22 fan's Avatar
    138 posts since Jul '17
  • JKYY's Avatar
    20 posts since Oct '17
    • I love the fact that TT now operates 665. However, the change in operator poster cannot be found online such as their website and twitter even till today. Only can be found from other sources such as at designated bus stops.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • My predictions for the future bus package

      Bt Merah:SBST or SMRT

      Sembawang-Yishun:SMRT or New operator

      Hougang-Sengkang:SBST

      Bedok:SBST or SMRT

      Woodlands:SBST

      CCK-Bt Panjang:SMRT or new operator

      Tampines:SBST

      Jurong West:SMRT or SBST

      Serangoon-Eunos:SBST or new operator

      Clementi:SBST

      Bishan-Toa Payoh:SBST or SMRT

      Bulim:New operator or SMRT

      Loyang:New operator or SMRT

  • bus555's Avatar
    10,071 posts since Dec '06
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      That’s we all already know,What will they do to the buses?

      Add luggage rack? usb port? wifi? headrest?

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,064 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by bus555:

      Add luggage rack? usb port? wifi? headrest?

      Remove rim cap la

Please Login or Signup to reply.