19 Feb, 05:55AM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,974 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    17,149 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

962 stay with Wldep..Amdep control those Eastern/CBD bound better..

169 also can stay with Wldep.960,961 all Amdep.

169 and 825 should have gone to Seletar while 851 and 852 remained with Sembawang contract.

2,049 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by iveco:

169 and 825 should have gone to Seletar while 851 and 852 remained with Sembawang contract.

825 supposedly under Seletar package.. After a while it got excluded..

291 posts since Oct '17
    • Will the Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa buses on 825 be painted Lush Green, similar to the other public buses? HAHA

1 new service in both the Sengkang-Hougang (likely originating from Compassvale Int, Service 164?) and Bedok (likely originating from Upper East Coast Ter, Service 44?) packages each are still being expected to be rolled out soon.

Edited by JKYY 07 Nov `17, 12:14PM
    20,786 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

Will the Mitsubishi Fuso Rosa buses on 825 be painted Lush Green, similar to the other public buses? HAHA

1 new service in both the Sengkang-Hougang (likely originating from Compassvale Int, Service 164?) and Bedok (likely originating from Upper East Coast Ter, Service 44?) packages each are still being expected to be rolled out soon.

Sengkang-Hougang no more already la,Only left Bedok & the postponed service 68.Other than that is additional service.

9,433 posts since Dec '04
    • there are at least 10 Citaros with SBST livery/logos parked at one corner of Seletar depot.... not sure why they are there... cold storage buses?training buses? 

1,227 posts since Mar '16
    1,214 posts since Aug '07
    • Jiaoyun Group/Travel GSH  $418,835,946.60

SBS Transhit  $474,965,108.00 alternative $471,965,108.00

Shenzhen Bus Group  $449,264,285.00

SMRT Buses  $444,925,777.00

Tower Transit Singapore  $483,796,997.00

Go-Ahead Singapore  $518,706,175.00

Biddings for Bukit Merah Package

Go Ahead dreaming or what?

1,126 posts since Jul '03
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

Maybe Sheng Siong buses (dont take it seriously

U mean GiantBus or NTUC Bus ... wait ... there ARE NTUC buses - Comfort!

1,227 posts since Mar '16
    • Comfortbus is the best though. I definitely loved their ultra comfy seats onboard their coaches. But that was 2008...idk bout today though

1,639 posts since Aug '07

Jiaoyun Group/Travel GSH  $418,835,946.60

SBS Transhit  $474,965,108.00 alternative $471,965,108.00

Shenzhen Bus Group  $449,264,285.00

SMRT Buses  $444,925,777.00

Tower Transit Singapore  $483,796,997.00

Go-Ahead Singapore  $518,706,175.00

Biddings for Bukit Merah Package

Go Ahead dreaming or what?

I think Shenzhen bus will get it as Singapore support China one road one what Xi said. Or TT. GA bidding is reasonable as consider the salaries and other operation need. SMRT and sbst has Temaskie support.  Shenzhen also has hong kong KMB as shareholder not suprise if they get it.

Edited by wsy1234 24 Nov `17, 7:11PM
    493 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by wsy1234:

I think Shenzhen bus will get it as Singapore support China one road one what Xi said. Or TT. GA bidding is reasonable as consider the salaries and other operation need. SMRT and sbst has Temaskie support.  Shenzhen also has hong kong KMB as shareholder not suprise if they get it.

I hope SMRT Buses will win something at least.

If GA bidding is below than 475K then the chances is higher.Now LTA wanna cut cost as much as they can...SBST & SMRT doesn't even care if they bid below 415K as they've more bus routes,Taxi operations,advertising company and trains..LTA should look into that.

This package involved two cross border routes,Might as well award to TTS or GAS.

• If GAS wins,Part of Svc 5,16 will park at Loyang..Part of Svc 2 & 12 can also park at Ulu Pandan

530 posts since Jun '16

This package involved two cross border routes,Might as well award to TTS or GAS.

got one news article say they got operate cross borders too. Maye GSH consortium might win coz fact that they so cheap, confirm plus chop they get de

Edited by CZT 24 Nov `17, 8:15PM
    3,063 posts since Nov '13

Hi mr wsy1234, your paragraph implies you choose all. Cheers. Thanks.

• Originally posted by CZT:

got one news article say they got operate cross borders too. Maye GSH consortium might win coz fact that they so cheap, confirm plus chop they get de

Their cross borders is not same as SBST 170X

530 posts since Jun '16

Their cross borders is not same as SBST 170X

Is it? How is it different?

Is it? How is it different?

Travel GSH where got operate cross border to JB?

SBST deployment of halfway trips,Diverted off service routes when jams,When to standby spare buses in case of breakdowns etc.

17,149 posts since Mar '04
    • CZT referring to Shenzhen Bus Group.

Who knows, they might get the job as LHL seeks to mend ties with China after getting the cold shoulder from Trump over the ill-fated TPP.

530 posts since Jun '16

Travel GSH where got operate cross border to JB?

SBST deployment of halfway trips,Diverted off service routes when jams,When to standby spare buses in case of breakdowns etc.

Sorry it was confusing. I was asking u how the Shenzhen cross borders are different from ours, since carbikebus mentioned abt it.

And then i speculate GSH might get the contract becoz they have the lowest bid that is what LTA likes to do, not restricting to the bus contracting model

In the light of what iveco mentioned, i think the bidders that are highly likely to get the bid could be SBS, zhenshen, or GSH; then maybe SMRT has a slight lower chance, and then finally TTS and GAS. Reason for the first 3 bidders are becoz what we have discussed. Hope it is not so confusing now. Thanks :)

• Shenzhen crossborder CHN-HKG...But again LTA will favour SBS Transit follow by SMRT .Others can just say no chance.Trust me.

1,475 posts since May '14

Sorry it was confusing. I was asking u how the Shenzhen cross borders are different from ours, since carbikebus mentioned abt it.

And then i speculate GSH might get the contract becoz they have the lowest bid that is what LTA likes to do, not restricting to the bus contracting model

In the light of what iveco mentioned, i think the bidders that are highly likely to get the bid could be SBS, zhenshen, or GSH; then maybe SMRT has a slight lower chance, and then finally TTS and GAS. Reason for the first 3 bidders are becoz what we have discussed. Hope it is not so confusing now. Thanks :)

Considering all the incidents that happened recently, I think SMRT has a really slim chance in getting this one. (It could be just me, though.)

Heard some rumours that Shenzhen Bus Group was using its experience with electric buses as a selling point. They now have a city full of electric buses. So if LTA is serious about the electric/hybrid trial, I think they may get the contract.

Edited by array88 25 Nov `17, 1:33PM
    530 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by array88:

Considering all the incidents that happened recently, I think SMRT has a really slim chance in getting this one. (It could be just me, though.)

Heard some rumours that Shenzhen Bus Group was using its experience with electric buses as a selling point. They now have a city full of electric buses. So if LTA is serious about the electric/hybrid trial, I think they may get the contract.

This is one POV which i think is equally likely to be true, given also that previously the report by straits times highlighted their experience in taking on electric buses. Also, the policital side might come in play as what wsy1234 mentioned about China's One Belt One Road which may see China playing a much prominent role in many global markets. Plus, their bid is significantly lower than the incumbents

However there is also be carbikebus' opinion which is equally logical too. The circumstances here is definitely different frm those in HK-CHN (referring to cross border buses), and the fact that LTA might still prefer SBS due to their experience. Also, even if they know about their electric buses, operations here may be tough due to different road conditions and also climate

Edited by CZT 25 Nov `17, 2:01PM
Please Login or Signup to reply.