17 Dec, 02:01PM in sunny Singapore!

Bus Contracting Model (part 2)

Subscribe to Bus Contracting Model (part 2) 1,886 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    3,058 posts since Nov '13
    • Originally posted by CZT:

This is one POV which i think is equally likely to be true, given also that previously the report by straits times highlighted their experience in taking on electric buses. Also, the policital side might come in play as what wsy1234 mentioned about China's One Belt One Road which may see China playing a much prominent role in many global markets. Plus, their bid is significantly lower than the incumbents

However there is also be carbikebus' opinion which is equally logical too. The circumstances here is definitely different frm those in HK-CHN (referring to cross border buses), and the fact that LTA might still prefer SBS due to their experience. Also, even if they know about their electric buses, operations here may be tough due to different road conditions and also climate

Hi mr CZT, my gut feeling tells me LTA will award the bukit merah contract to who else but sbs transit!!! Let’s see if I am right in the next few months to come! Cheers. Thanks.

508 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by dupdup77:

Hi mr CZT, my gut feeling tells me LTA will award the bukit merah contract to who else but sbs transit!!! Let’s see if I am right in the next few months to come! Cheers. Thanks.

I wish SBST gets it too! ;)

20,427 posts since Nov '03
    • frankly say the BYD bus SG4001 havent really tested full day operation yet..,They only operate 0915-1745 which got 1 hour of mealbreaks and longer rest time after each trip.

Its so obvious that LTA will awarded this package to SBS Transit..although i dont like the welfare of the staffs.Next package which is Sembawang-Yishun and Hougang-Sengkang will also be awarded to them.If you all say about the SMRT incompetence to run bus service then its better all the remaining packages awarded to SBS Transit also.Eliminate the bus contracting models if many of you think there is no operators better than SBS Transit..Back to monopoly

453 posts since Dec '16

I wish SBST gets it too! ;)

I just hope SMRT retain their current 3 packages & win Sengkang Hougang Package that's all.The rest give SBST & foreign operator such as Shenzhen Bus Group.

• Originally posted by carbikebus:

frankly say the BYD bus SG4001 havent really tested full day operation yet..,They only operate 0915-1745 which got 1 hour of mealbreaks and longer rest time after each trip.

Its so obvious that LTA will awarded this package to SBS Transit..although i dont like the welfare of the staffs.Next package which is Sembawang-Yishun and Hougang-Sengkang will also be awarded to them.If you all say about the SMRT incompetence to run bus service then its better all the remaining packages awarded to SBS Transit also.Eliminate the bus contracting models if many of you think there is no operators better than SBS Transit..Back to monopoly

In my opinion,I prefer SMRT bus operations.I think SMRT buses are running faster & a more reliable speed. So I hope LTA give SMRT a chance although they might hate them.

636 posts since Mar '08
    • I feel that SMRT stand a high chance. Whatever that happened on the trains that made LTA and the minister unhappy belongs to the trains. SMRT buses is a different entity altogether. Moreover, they had already lost 2 packages. 

Even though LTA compensate by giving 110 and 944, it is still not enough. They also have cross border service experience (950), though not as strong as SBST. Somemore under Temasek. They will not be allowed to "fail".

9,368 posts since Dec '04
    • seem like SBSt is not really interested in this package... maybe the operation cost for those cross borders are really high... which other operators are not aware/familiar...

need almost 80-100 buses for 160/170/170A/170X.

plus those extra manpower cost.

1,744 posts since Oct '11
    • Originally posted by iveco:

169 and 825 should have gone to Seletar while 851 and 852 remained with Sembawang contract.

Seletar should swap Yishun feeders out with 825 853 854 855 857. Makes more sense this way.

Also 856 and 963 should go back to WLDEP.

20,427 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by lemon1974:

seem like SBSt is not really interested in this package... maybe the operation cost for those cross borders are really high... which other operators are not aware/familiar...

I don't think SBST is not interested..

• Originally posted by SBS8676Z:

Seletar should swap Yishun feeders out with 825 853 854 855 857. Makes more sense this way.

Also 856 and 963 should go back to WLDEP.

Feeders make sense cause off service to Seletar is much nearer than Amdep or the future Mandai depot.They should left 851 & 852.Seletar should take 825 & 857 since it's a loop service.963 should go back to Wldep.856 can stay with Amdep.Wldep should take back 169.NR6 & 7 should go back to Amdep..If 961 cut short to Kg Bahru,Then it's better to be under Amdep

1,421 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by p228:

I feel that SMRT stand a high chance. Whatever that happened on the trains that made LTA and the minister unhappy belongs to the trains. SMRT buses is a different entity altogether. Moreover, they had already lost 2 packages. 

Even though LTA compensate by giving 110 and 944, it is still not enough. They also have cross border service experience (950), though not as strong as SBST. Somemore under Temasek. They will not be allowed to "fail".

For years, 950 had been cited as an example of a badly treated cross-border service, especially when compared to 160 and 170. Not sure if the situation has improved...

• Originally posted by lemon1974:

seem like SBSt is not really interested in this package... maybe the operation cost for those cross borders are really high... which other operators are not aware/familiar...

I still feel SBST would have a much more competitive bid if they're serious about this package...

But on the other hand, maybe they did this because they're gonna win anyway? Who knows...

9,368 posts since Dec '04
    • Originally posted by array88:

I still feel SBST would have a much more competitive bid if they're serious about this package...

But on the other hand, maybe they did this because they're gonna win anyway? Who knows...

yes.. if they die die want to win, they will bid much lower.. their price for this is similar to the seletar package (which have more buses)....

there is 50 million difference in the bid price between SBST and lowest bidder. unless that lowest bidder proposal is bad.... even SMRT have lower bid price as well... chance of SBST winning is low...

508 posts since Jun '16

For years, 950 had been cited as an example of a badly treated cross-border service, especially when compared to 160 and 170. Not sure if the situation has improved...

it was bad becoz i think ppl always have this misconception that they can only make transfers within the same company when crossing the causeway (ie if u take 170 u may transfer to 160 but not 950).

Whichever company wins this contract, i hope they can at least maintain what SBST is doing with their cross borders now, and not screwing it up even worse. The last thing ppl wants is to lose the trust of their local company when they leave their country

17,101 posts since Mar '04

it was bad becoz i think ppl always have this misconception that they can only make transfers within the same company when crossing the causeway (ie if u take 170 u may transfer to 160 but not 950).

Whichever company wins this contract, i hope they can at least maintain what SBST is doing with their cross borders now, and not screwing it up even worse. The last thing ppl wants is to lose the trust of their local company when they leave their country

In the past only 160/170 had free transfers and only at WDL X-ing. Even the fare stages of these 2 routes were coordinated in such a way as to allow this arrangement to be possible.

Now, all assets belong to government. Furthermore it is now mileage-based fares that are charged.

934 posts since Nov '15
    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

In my opinion,I prefer SMRT bus operations.I think SMRT buses are running faster & a more reliable speed. So I hope LTA give SMRT a chance although they might hate them.

running faster? try 67 along bukit timah towards tampines, 170s 8 mins behind a 67 at bpj mrt can take over the front 67 along dunearn rd

1,014 posts since Feb '05
    • God bless ppl if this Bt Merah Package got run by SMRT. Sv 950 can wait for 2 hours and no bus appear. Singapore will be doomed if we continue run by incompetence operator. TEL won by SMRT despite all the screwed up in NSEW, CCL and BPLRT all screwed up big time by incompetence operator, SMRT.

Lost the Bulim bus package, backdoor take back Svc 944, 110. where are we heading to

Edited by phillipC 27 Nov `17, 10:38PM
    453 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by phillipC:

God bless ppl if this Bt Merah Package got run by SMRT. Sv 950 can wait for 2 hours and no bus appear. Singapore will be doomed if we continue run by incompetence operator. TEL won by SMRT despite all the screwed up in NSEW, CCL and BPLRT all screwed up big time by incompetence operator, SMRT.

Lost the Bulim bus package, backdoor take back Svc 944, 110. where are we heading to

Whatever they do wrong in the rail line,it is train. Bus & train are different.

• Originally posted by SMB5007J:

running faster? try 67 along bukit timah towards tampines, 170s 8 mins behind a 67 at bpj mrt can take over the front 67 along dunearn rd

Maybe coz 67 have higher demand?

1,421 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by phillipC:

God bless ppl if this Bt Merah Package got run by SMRT. Sv 950 can wait for 2 hours and no bus appear. Singapore will be doomed if we continue run by incompetence operator. TEL won by SMRT despite all the screwed up in NSEW, CCL and BPLRT all screwed up big time by incompetence operator, SMRT.

To me, it still feels like a joke that 110 is operated by SMRT - especially if it's under Sengkang-Hougang package. At first I thought it's to allow bendies on 110, but oh well.

1,985 posts since Sep '14

2 buses added to Sv950 ever since TWRI opened.. 

1,744 posts since Oct '11
    • 110 should move to SBST under HGDEP control.

117 should move to Go Ahead in return for 136 back to SBST (maybe to Seletar).

61 and 944 join hands with the rest of Bt Batok services under TT.

1,985 posts since Sep '14

I don't think their buses are really running at a reasonable speed.. Till now there's still services (E.g. 171, 860, 969, etc) snailing.. 

934 posts since Nov '15

Maybe coz 67 have higher demand?

no, it's the schedulling. Take 170 and most of the time it will go 60kmh without stopping at bus stops that often, while for 67 even if there is a 170 approx 8 mins behind + 67 stops at quite a number of bus stops, the 170 will eventually overtake, especially during off peak.

17,101 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SBS8676Z:

110 should move to SBST under HGDEP control.

117 should move to Go Ahead in return for 136 back to SBST (maybe to Seletar).

61 and 944 join hands with the rest of Bt Batok services under TT.

110 switch with 117 make more sense, come to think of it.

136 better to swap for 109 to reduce dead runs. I have been saying it from day #1.

Please Login or Signup to reply.