26 Sep, 06:10AM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,376 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • bus555's Avatar
    10,062 posts since Dec '06
    • I think i posted this before but i will post again:

      SWT 171A: Yishun Int > Mandai Camp 2

      Weekdays esp PH Op hrs: 0630hr to 0830hr

      Edited by bus555 12 May `17, 9:02AM
  • hgdep103's Avatar
    310 posts since Sep '16
    • Service 108: Compassvale - Ang Mo Kio (Loop)

      - supp 88 and 109

      - new link for Buangkok and Sengkang

      - red plate to AMK, white plate to SKG

      Compassvale Int > Compassvale Rd > Compassvale St > Anchorvale St > Anchorvale Link > Sengkang E Ave > Sengkang Ctrl > Compassvale Bow > Sengkang East Rd > Buangkok Green > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Cres > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Green > Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 > Ang Mo Kio Int

      Ang Mo Kio Int > Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 > Buangkok Green > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Cres > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Green > Sengkang East Rd > Compassvale Bow > Sengkang Ctrl > Sengkang East Ave > Anchorvale Link > Anchorvale St > Compassvale St > Compassvale Rd > Sengkang East Way > Sengkang Sq > Compassvale Int

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,909 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      Service 108: Compassvale - Ang Mo Kio (Loop)

      - supp 88 and 109

      - new link for Buangkok and Sengkang

      - red plate to AMK, white plate to SKG

      Compassvale Int > Compassvale Rd > Compassvale St > Anchorvale St > Anchorvale Link > Sengkang E Ave > Sengkang Ctrl > Compassvale Bow > Sengkang East Rd > Buangkok Green > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Cres > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Green > Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 > Ang Mo Kio Int

      Ang Mo Kio Int > Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 > Buangkok Green > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Cres > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Green > Sengkang East Rd > Compassvale Bow > Sengkang Ctrl > Sengkang East Ave > Anchorvale Link > Anchorvale St > Compassvale St > Compassvale Rd > Sengkang East Way > Sengkang Sq > Compassvale Int


      pass by my house lol. Once Buangkok West Dr open can amend there. And ply YCK Rd then Ave 3 will have more demand.

  • LeoPai's Avatar
    2 posts since May '17
    • Anyone knows where's the shuttle service exact location at to go to Sungei Gedong Camp?  I know it's around choa chu kang mrt but not sure where, i'm taking 975 for now but the shuttle bus takes half the time so it's going to save me alot of time.

  • hgdep103's Avatar
    310 posts since Sep '16
    • Originally posted by LeoPai:

      Anyone knows where's the shuttle service exact location at to go to Sungei Gedong Camp?  I know it's around choa chu kang mrt but not sure where, i'm taking 975 for now but the shuttle bus takes half the time so it's going to save me alot of time.

      https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/2prwcz/sungei_gedong_camp_posting/

  • SBS3004X's Avatar
    3,490 posts since Jan '14
    • Originally posted by hgdep103:

      Service 108: Compassvale - Ang Mo Kio (Loop)

      - supp 88 and 109

      - new link for Buangkok and Sengkang

      - red plate to AMK, white plate to SKG

      Compassvale Int > Compassvale Rd > Compassvale St > Anchorvale St > Anchorvale Link > Sengkang E Ave > Sengkang Ctrl > Compassvale Bow > Sengkang East Rd > Buangkok Green > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Cres > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Green > Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 > Ang Mo Kio Int

      Ang Mo Kio Int > Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 > Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 > Buangkok Green > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Cres > Buangkok Link > Buangkok Green > Sengkang East Rd > Compassvale Bow > Sengkang Ctrl > Sengkang East Ave > Anchorvale Link > Anchorvale St > Compassvale St > Compassvale Rd > Sengkang East Way > Sengkang Sq > Compassvale Int

      I think it would be better for this service to terminate at Punggol and skip Compassvale Rd.

      Punggol - AMK:

      Punggol Temp Int > Punggol Pl - Punggol Field - Punggol Rd - Compassvale Dr

      Continue to AMK Int

      AMK - Punggol:

      Compassvale Dr

      Punggol Rd > Punggol Field> Punggol Pl > Punggol Temp Int

      Edited by SBS3004X 14 May `17, 2:58PM
  • LeoPai's Avatar
    2 posts since May '17
    • https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comments/2prwcz/su

       

      Doesn't include any locations :( all ask take 975 or cab but i know 100% there's 3 timing every morning for shuttle bus, i just need to know the timing and exact location... 

  • array88's Avatar
    1,328 posts since May '14
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

      I dont support that. First of all 39 has never been amended all this while as its main role is to directly bring northern people to the eastern area. Many people get to that area for some reasons, and by amending it they can no longer have easy access to there (like what u said), since people dont really like to waste time. Its not easy to make amendments there now since people have used this route for more than 10 years already

      Then, resources and road conditions must be at the top of all priorities. I know its easy to convert SDs into DDs since there is probably a LOT of DDs available, however from what I know going through that road actually takes a long time, in addition to the extension of SLE it has to serve (although its probably just 2km), and as I said the people cannot afford to accept this since this has been the fastest and only link to PSR, not to mention that it has been here for a long time

      Though ironically I have a route which can help that

      man this is a throwback of when someone wanted to cut short 966...

      Based on what ButIAmAToilet claimed, the amended route should shorten the travelling time from Yishun/Khatib to the east, by avoiding the jam at Lentor.

  • orange28's Avatar
    221 posts since Feb '10
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Based on what ButIAmAToilet claimed, the amended route should shorten the travelling time from Yishun/Khatib to the east, by avoiding the jam at Lentor.

      What jam at Lentor? Since the junction widening works at Lentor/Yishun Ave 1/2 were complete there really isn't much of a jam anymore ...

  • ButIAmAToilet's Avatar
    329 posts since Jun '14
    • Originally posted by array88:

      Based on what ButIAmAToilet claimed, the amended route should shorten the travelling time from Yishun/Khatib to the east, by avoiding the jam at Lentor.

      The shorten time I meant refers to the time taken from the east to Nee Soon, compared to the East to Nee Soon via Yishun Ctrl, not the time taken from the east to Yishun. Hopes that clarifies.

      And I picked 39 over the other services due to the following reasons

      85 does not stops at Seletar Circus

      858 is returning from looping at CGA and have unreliabe frequency

      969 is pretty much an express service

      That is left with 39, which serve both TPE and Seletar Circus and have decent frequency from both direction.

  • CZT's Avatar
    440 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by ButIAmAToilet:

      The shorten time I meant refers to the time taken from the east to Nee Soon, compared to the East to Nee Soon via Yishun Ctrl, not the time taken from the east to Yishun. Hopes that clarifies.

      And I picked 39 over the other services due to the following reasons

      85 does not stops at Seletar Circus

      858 is returning from looping at CGA and have unreliabe frequency

      969 is pretty much an express service

      That is left with 39, which serve both TPE and Seletar Circus and have decent frequency from both direction.

      What abt 965?

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,909 posts since May '15
  • TPS Timothy Mok's Avatar
    1,076 posts since Aug '07
  • SMB1368T's Avatar
    1,040 posts since Mar '16
  • SMB145B's Avatar
    2,215 posts since Dec '12
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    19,765 posts since Nov '03
    • There is a need for a service from Compassvale Int going airport via TPE and follow 858..

  • orange28's Avatar
    221 posts since Feb '10
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      There is a need for a service from Compassvale Int going airport via TPE and follow 858..

      I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to take svc 858B and simply extend it from Jalan Kayu to Compassvale Int via Sengkang West/Fernvale? And then turn it into a full-day service as well ...

      And if this is done, can also get svc 858 to skip the Jalan Kayu stops as well and run express along TPE (until the Punggol Rd exit, at least) ...

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,909 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by orange28:

      I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to take svc 858B and simply extend it from Jalan Kayu to Compassvale Int via Sengkang West/Fernvale? And then turn it into a full-day service as well ...

      And if this is done, can also get svc 858 to skip the Jalan Kayu stops as well and run express along TPE (until the Punggol Rd exit, at least) ...


      Can. Link Sengkang West to TPE stop also. Can renumber to sv 1.

  • sgxiaobusguy's Avatar
    24 posts since Mar '15
    • I was excited to see all the predictions about 104, hoping that it would ply a route similar to 43/43M to bring the BTO residents to Serangoon and Buangkok/Sengkang. But based on Fb pictures I seen of the bus stops being erected at Buangkok Crescent, it seems that there would only be a one-directional feeder service looping around that area, as all the bus stops seem to be built on the side of the road opposite of Buangkok Square.

      As such, I'm foreseeing a short Compassvale Interchange - Buangkok Crescent loop service to bring residents to Buangkok/Sengkang.. although I still hope that authorities would consider the convenience that could be brought about to bring residents to Serangoon instead. Oh wells. 

  • Redvelvett's Avatar
    14 posts since Sep '15
    • Any shortest route from Seng Kang to NTU? :( The journey is too long. So far i took bus 161 to woodlands mrt then mrt to Boon Lay then board 179 to get to NTU but that took me more than 1.5hrs still.

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,909 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by Redvelvett:

      Any shortest route from Seng Kang to NTU? :( The journey is too long. So far i took bus 161 to woodlands mrt then mrt to Boon Lay then board 179 to get to NTU but that took me more than 1.5hrs still.


      Can suggest to Grab Shuttle or beeline.

  • CZT's Avatar
    440 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by Sbs6750E:


      Can suggest to Grab Shuttle or beeline.

      Yup,but pray that others need the route too, if not wait long long liao ( sekali aft u graduate still no demand for that kind of route)

  • Sbs6750E's Avatar
    1,909 posts since May '15
    • Originally posted by CZT:

      Yup,but pray that others need the route too, if not wait long long liao ( sekali aft u graduate still no demand for that kind of route)


      Maybe to Boon Lay via Penjuru/Jurong Port is possible.

  • autumncs's Avatar
    388 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by Redvelvett:

      Any shortest route from Seng Kang to NTU? :( The journey is too long. So far i took bus 161 to woodlands mrt then mrt to Boon Lay then board 179 to get to NTU but that took me more than 1.5hrs still.

      During term time weekdays there is a shuttle bus from Sengkang MRT to NTU. It is free for NTU students. (You need to show your NTU student card to board.)

      http://www.ntu.edu.sg/has/Transportation/Pages/FAQ.aspx#sengkang_shuttle

      But the departure time is damn early, at 7:00am, 07:10am, 07:20am. There is no service on weekends, public holidays and university vacation. (This means that this service will only be available from mid-August.)

      There are also NTU morning shuttles from AMK, CCK, Marine Parade, Pasir Ris, Punggol and Tampines.

      In my opinion, there is a demand for express buses from the east and northeast to Jurong, thanks to the numerous industries, military camps and NTU. But LTA seems to be more interested in express/premium routes to the CBD, and make Jurong-bound passengers take the MRT.

      Edited by autumncs 28 May `17, 12:51AM
  • hairycrab138's Avatar
    306 posts since Oct '10
    • Suggestion:

      When Bukit Panjang ITH opens:

      Service 75 withdrawn

      973 (Merge with 75) - Bukit Panjang Int to Marina Centre Terminal
      (Via Hillview / Hume Avenue)
      (All buses from 75 goes to enhancing Service 973 frequency)

      Svc 973 - Original
       
      Bukit Panjang Int
      Jelebu Road
      Bukit Panjang Road
      Pending Road
      Petir Road
      Dairy Farm Road
      Hillview Road
      Hillview Ave
      Hume Ave
      Upper Bukit Timah Road
      Service 75 route to Marina Centre Terminal

      Service 75 withdrawn

      Service 700 / 700A Amendment
      Service 75 original route
      Bukit Panjang Int
      Petir Road
      Service 700 / 700A original route 

      Service 176
      (Takeover 75's portion)
      Hillview Ave
      Hillview Road
      Upper Bukit Timah Road
      Cashew Road 
      Bukit Panjang Int

      Integrated Service 180 - Yishun to Boon Lay
      Service 171 - Yishun to Jelebu Road 
      Service 180 - Jelebu Road to Boon Lay Int
      (Service 171 deleted sector - Upper Bukit Timah Rd - Marina Centre Terminal)
      Deleted sector covered by Service 170/170A, 700/700A & 960.

      Service 177 dont call at Bukit Panjang Int - uses current route

      Service 184 & 920 as per normal.
       
      Service 922 (Amended)
      Bukit Panjang Int
      Petir Road
      Gangsa Road
      Bukit Panjang Road
      Bukit Panjang Ring Road
      Segar Road
      Bukit Panjang Ring Road (Greenridge Sec Sch)
      Fajar Road (Towards Fajar Shopping Centre)
      Segar Road
      Bukit Panjang Ring Road
      Bukit Panjang Road
      Gangsa Road
      Petir Road
      Bukit Panjang Int

      Service 970 turns straight to Bukit Panjang Road (Skips Gangsa Road)

      Service 972 as per normal.
      Service 975 as per normal.
      Service 979 / 979M to call at Bukit Panjang Int

      Edited by hairycrab138 28 May `17, 10:32PM
Please Login or Signup to reply.