15 Dec, 02:06PM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,553 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,424 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      I prefer AC7 to be extended to Compassvale and operated by future Hougang contractor.

      No better not

  • CZT's Avatar
    507 posts since Jun '16
    • How abt this cross border idea? 

      160: Jurong East <--> KSL Mall. 170X and 950 will continue to serve JB Sentral. Then now people got one more place they can go to shop alr haha

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,099 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      No better not

      East region lacks proper connections to JB. West side has 160. Also, MRT from Pasir Ris/Sengkang to Marsiling is a rather long and drawn out ride.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,424 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

      East region lacks proper connections to JB. West side has 160. Also, MRT from Pasir Ris/Sengkang to Marsiling is a rather long and drawn out ride.

      Well not everything is finger snapping mah.If they want,they can take 161,168,965 & 969 to Woodlands and Yishun respectively.

  • iamgoondu's Avatar
    867 posts since Dec '03
    • How about from bv to gelang patah...Via Tuas....

       

       

      另外一家本地私人巴士业者星运旅游表示,有意经营一条从波那维斯达地铁站,经由大士和第二通道,前往振林山巴士总站的跨境巴士路线,但具体详情不便透露。

      Edited by iamgoondu 31 Jul `17, 3:28PM
  • CZT's Avatar
    507 posts since Jun '16
    • Originally posted by iamgoondu:

      How about from bv to gelang patah...Via Tuas....

       

       

      另外一家本地私人巴士业者星运旅游表示,有意经营一条从波那维斯达地铁站,经由大士和第二通道,前往振林山巴士总站的跨境巴士路线,但具体详情不便透露。

      yah the news was out some time ago. This TS6 service, tgt wif TS3 frm marina centre to JB via woodlands was planned but still not in operation

  • gekpohboy's Avatar
    2,180 posts since Mar '16
  • Path Light's Avatar
    1,829 posts since Feb '15
    • Service 152

      Punggol > Jurong East

      Punggol Place

      Punggol Field

      Punggol Way

      Tampines Expressway

      Central Expressway

      Pan Island Expressway

      Jurong Town Hall Road

      Boon Lay Way

      Jurong East Central

      Jurong Gateway Road

  • SG5064X's Avatar
    452 posts since Dec '16
    • Extend 985 to the new Changi T4 Terminal and amend it to be not so windy at Bukit Batok.

      Edited by SG5064X 10 Aug `17, 6:35PM
  • AJQZC's Avatar
    1,021 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

      Extend 985 to the new Changi T4 Terminal and amend it to be not so windy at Bukit Batok.

      Not feasible. Route length would be too long + loss of existing links to Kallang/Geylang.

      Also the BB section is needed for direct connection to BB and Beauty World MRT stations, which have no replacement, so that one has to stay as well.

  • BusAnalayzer's Avatar
    10,463 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

      Extend 985 to the new Changi T4 Terminal and amend it to be not so windy at Bukit Batok.

      Sorry but it's a real weird suggestion. And 985 is not that windy in Bukit Batok. In fact most of 985's peak loading comes there if you didn't know!

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,424 posts since Nov '03
    • 136:Punggol Int-Serangoon Gdn Way(Loop).

      71:Yio Chu Kang Int-Serangoon Gdn Way(Loop).

  • SG5064X's Avatar
    452 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by BusAnalayzer:

      Sorry but it's a real weird suggestion. And 985 is not that windy in Bukit Batok. In fact most of 985's peak loading comes there if you didn't know!

      my idea was to reminicense to the TIB former 989...I actually nvr really take 985 so idk.

  • SMB315C's Avatar
    1,984 posts since Sep '14
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Well not everything is finger snapping mah.If they want,they can take 161,168,965 & 969 to Woodlands and Yishun respectively.

      If not go Changi Airport and fly to Johor.. Haha..

  • Alvetor Group's Avatar
    2 posts since Aug '17
    • 202 (Kent Ridge - Bukit Panjang)

       

      Kent Ridge Terminal

      Clementi Road

      Commonwealth Avenue West

      (Clementi MRT)

      Clementi Avenue 6

      PIE

      Bukit Batok Road

      Bukit Batok West Avenue 3

      Bukit Batok West Avenue 8

      Bukit Batok West Avenue 5

      (Bukit Gombak MRT)

      Brickland Road

      Choa Chu Kang Grove

      Choa Chu Kang Avenue 7

      Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1

      Choa Chu Kang Way

      (Keat Hong/Teck Whye/Phoenix LRT)

      Upper Bukit Timah Road

      Petir Road
      (Bukit Panjang MRT)

      Bukit Panjang Interchange

      - Commuters living in Bukit Batok West Ave 8 (new BTO cluster) can choose to travel to/from Bukit Gombak MRT or Clementi MRT
      - Commuters living in Keat Hong can now choose to travel to/from Bukit Gombak MRT instead of Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang MRT
      - Those living in Bukit Gombak (central) can now travel on the Downtown Line and change at Bukit Panjang (also having another mall to travel to)
      - Those at Clementi (Commonwealth Avenue West) can have an alternative to HarbourFront by avoiding 183 and choose 202 to transfer to 188 or 963.
      - Those in Clementi can now take 202 to Bukit Batok Road and change to 160, going straight to Johor Bahru.

  • AJQZC's Avatar
    1,021 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by Alvetor Group:

      202 (Kent Ridge - Bukit Panjang)

       

      Kent Ridge Terminal

      Clementi Road

      Commonwealth Avenue West

      (Clementi MRT)

      Clementi Avenue 6

      PIE

      Bukit Batok Road

      Bukit Batok West Avenue 3

      Bukit Batok West Avenue 8

      Bukit Batok West Avenue 5

      (Bukit Gombak MRT)

      Brickland Road

      Choa Chu Kang Grove

      Choa Chu Kang Avenue 7

      Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1

      Choa Chu Kang Way

      (Keat Hong/Teck Whye/Phoenix LRT)

      Upper Bukit Timah Road

      Petir Road
      (Bukit Panjang MRT)

      Bukit Panjang Interchange

      - Commuters living in Bukit Batok West Ave 8 (new BTO cluster) can choose to travel to/from Bukit Gombak MRT or Clementi MRT
      - Commuters living in Keat Hong can now choose to travel to/from Bukit Gombak MRT instead of Choa Chu Kang/Bukit Panjang MRT
      - Those living in Bukit Gombak (central) can now travel on the Downtown Line and change at Bukit Panjang (also having another mall to travel to)
      - Those at Clementi (Commonwealth Avenue West) can have an alternative to HarbourFront by avoiding 183 and choose 202 to transfer to 188 or 963.
      - Those in Clementi can now take 202 to Bukit Batok Road and change to 160, going straight to Johor Bahru.

      Quite a decent route, especially the links to Bt Gombak and Bt Panjang MRT stations, but I don't really get the Kent Ridge / Clementi section, which doesn't seem particularly in demand. IMO it may serve more uses if made to terminate at Jurong East, with the regional centre / malls / NTFH / future HSR.

      Also the BB West area would definitely need to be paired with a BB feeder. (944?)

      Edited by AJQZC 13 Aug `17, 1:33PM
  • Alvetor Group's Avatar
    2 posts since Aug '17
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      Quite a decent route, especially the links to Bt Gombak and Bt Panjang MRT stations, but I don't really get the Kent Ridge / Clementi section, which doesn't seem particularly in demand. IMO it may serve more uses if made to terminate at Jurong East, with the regional centre / malls / NTFH / future HSR.

      Also the BB West area would definitely need to be paired with a BB feeder. (944?)

       

      Yes, I was thinking about it terminating at Jurong East to be a possibility.

  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,424 posts since Nov '03
    • Revamp of Night bus service

      1N:Shenton Way-Orchard/Toa Payoh/AMK/Yishun

      2N:Marina Centre-Orchard/Woodlands/Sembawang

      3N:Marina Centre-Orchard/Clementi/Bt Batok/CCK

      4N:RWS-Orchard/Mountbatten/Bedok/Tampines North

      5N:Boat Quay-Orchard/Commonwealth/Jurong East/Jurong West

      6N:Shenton Way-Orchard/Hougang/Sengkang/Edgefield Plains

      7N:RWS-Orchard/Marine Parade/Tampines/Pasir Ris

      NR1:RWS-Orchard/Toa Payoh/AMK/Yishun

      NR2:Shenton Way-Orchard/Bt Panjang/Woodlands/Sembawang 

      NR3:Boat Quay-Orchard/Queenstown/Clementi/CCK

      NR4:Shenton Way-Orchard/Bedok South/Simei/Tampines

      NR5:Marina Centre-Orchard/Commonwealth/Jurong East/Jurong West

      NR6:RWS-Orchard/Upp Sgoon/Hougang/Sengkang

      NR7:Marina Centre-Orchard/Bedok/Tampines/Pasir Ris

       

      Friday,Saturdays & Eve of public holidays

      0000-0300

  • AJQZC's Avatar
    1,021 posts since Sep '08
    • Originally posted by carbikebus:

      Revamp of Night bus service

      1N:Shenton Way-Orchard/Toa Payoh/AMK/Yishun

      2N:Marina Centre-Orchard/Woodlands/Sembawang

      3N:Marina Centre-Orchard/Clementi/Bt Batok/CCK

      4N:RWS-Orchard/Mountbatten/Bedok/Tampines North

      5N:Boat Quay-Orchard/Commonwealth/Jurong East/Jurong West

      6N:Shenton Way-Orchard/Hougang/Sengkang/Edgefield Plains

      7N:RWS-Orchard/Marine Parade/Tampines/Pasir Ris

      NR1:RWS-Orchard/Toa Payoh/AMK/Yishun

      NR2:Shenton Way-Orchard/Bt Panjang/Woodlands/Sembawang 

      NR3:Boat Quay-Orchard/Queenstown/Clementi/CCK

      NR4:Shenton Way-Orchard/Bedok South/Simei/Tampines

      NR5:Marina Centre-Orchard/Commonwealth/Jurong East/Jurong West

      NR6:RWS-Orchard/Upp Sgoon/Hougang/Sengkang

      NR7:Marina Centre-Orchard/Bedok/Tampines/Pasir Ris

       

      Friday,Saturdays & Eve of public holidays

      0000-0300

      Sounds like there's still quite a lot of duplication between 1N / NR1, 2N / NR2, 3N / NR3, 5N / NR5.

      In particular NR2's Bt Panjang --> Sembawang and NR3's Clementi --> CCK make these services seem really overstretched.

      Also why not just combine them all into one naming/numbering scheme? Could even use 60x & 61x.

    • Another BB west route variation (keeping in mind the introduction of 944):

      • - Jurong East Int
      • - Boon Lay Way   (NTF Hospital)
      • - Toh Guan Rd
      • - Jurong East Ctrl
      • - Bt Batok Ave 1
      • - BB West Ave 6
      • - BB St 11
      • - BB West Ave 3
      • - BB West Ave 8
      • - BB West Ave 5   (Bt Gombak MRT)
      • - Brickland Rd
      • - CCK Grove
      • - Keat Hong Link
      • - CCK Ave 1
      • - CCK Dr
      • - CCK Ave 4   (loop around CCK MRT)

       

      -- Merges with 308

      -- Links BB West & CCK N8 with Bt Gombak MRT (though not as important in CCK, where there's 983 to BPJ)

      -- Links BB West with St Luke's hospital, existing schools (PEPS / MI / ITE West), the BB Swimming Complex and malls / developments in JE and CCK, serving areas that 944 doesn't, while reducing duplications

      -- ** May be somewhat duplicative of 188

      -- ** Link to BPJ still not available (unless 180 is amended)

      Edited by AJQZC 17 Aug `17, 12:21AM
  • carbikebus's Avatar
    20,424 posts since Nov '03
    • Originally posted by AJQZC:

      Sounds like there's still quite a lot of duplication between 1N / NR1, 2N / NR2, 3N / NR3, 5N / NR5.

      In particular NR2's Bt Panjang --> Sembawang and NR3's Clementi --> CCK make these services seem really overstretched.

      Also why not just combine them all into one naming/numbering scheme? Could even use 60x & 61x.

      Ending part might look duplicate but starting/middle sector serve different parts of routing.2N & NR7 currently ends at PSR but serve different part of streets

  • Travellator's Avatar
    29 posts since Aug '17
    • i agreed with an older post that said svc 171 needs to be rationalized. LTA should cut all the parts from Upp B.Timah to Marina Ctr, then amend it to serve CCK town---KJE---PIE--- Jln Bahar then end it at Boon Lay interchange.

  • SG5064X's Avatar
    452 posts since Dec '16
    • Originally posted by Travellator:

      i agreed with an older post that said svc 171 needs to be rationalized. LTA should cut all the parts from Upp B.Timah to Marina Ctr, then amend it to serve CCK town---KJE---PIE--- Jln Bahar then end it at Boon Lay interchange.

      Make 171 terminate at Future Gali Batu Terminal

  • iveco's Avatar
    17,099 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

      Make 171 terminate at Future Gali Batu Terminal

      Merge with 944 also a possibility.

    • Originally posted by SG5064X:

      Make 171 terminate at Future Gali Batu Terminal

      Merge with 944 also a possibility.

Please Login or Signup to reply.