23 Jan, 06:19AM in sunny Singapore!

Route Suggestions (Part 7)

Subscribe to Route Suggestions (Part 7) 1,652 posts

Please Login or Signup to reply.
    1,453 posts since May '14
    • Service 178 amendment: Woodlands - Jurong East (via Bukit Batok West)

https://routes.one/idea/675

New service 149: Boon Lay - Marina Centre

https://routes.one/idea/676

116 posts since Nov '16
    • Saw the bus route training from Bedok south avenue 3 Bedok south rd  new upper Changi road chai chee rd Chai Chee st Bedok north rd  Bedok reservoir rd  jalan Eunos  Changi road Geylang rd don’t know go to where 

429 posts since Oct '06
    • Originally posted by Vampire77lim:

Saw the bus route training from Bedok south avenue 3 Bedok south rd  new upper Changi road chai chee rd Chai Chee st Bedok north rd  Bedok reservoir rd  jalan Eunos  Changi road Geylang rd don’t know go to where 

You so free go and follow the bus ah? Haha...

Maybe Chai Chee residents complain no connection to DTL, so LTA plans to extend 229 to Bedok North MRT. (I guess one...) As for the lost connection between Chai Chee and Bedok Int, LTA can easily amend one of the services from Bedok Int (e.g. 7, 9, 32, 33, 35, etc) to cover the sector.

• Originally posted by autumncs:

Maybe Chai Chee residents complain no connection to DTL, so LTA plans to extend 229 to Bedok North MRT. (I guess one...) As for the lost connection between Chai Chee and Bedok Int, LTA can easily amend one of the services from Bedok Int (e.g. 7, 9, 32, 33, 35, etc) to cover the sector.

If 229 is extended and becomes UEC-Bedok North, the eastern end of Bedok South Rd (Blk 163 and Blk 171) will be left with no services to Bedok MRT/Town Centre.

Possible workarounds:

- Amend 137 to UEC Rd - Bedok South Ave 3 - Bedok South Rd - UEC Rd.

- Make 229 a Townlink service entering Bedok Int twice, like 265/291/293. Western loop via Chai Chee to Bedok North MRT, and eastern loop directly go to Bedok South Rd (like 38) and follow original route to looping point.

(Alternatively, 229 towards Chai Chee / Bedok North can use Bedok South Ave 1 and New Upp Changi Rd, serving the Bedok MRT bus stop without entering interchange. 229 towards Bedok South will start from interchange, like 307/811/812)

Edited by array88 27 Nov `17, 3:57AM
    • Services 63 and 139 slight amendments:

https://routes.one/idea/679

https://routes.one/idea/680

- Connects Jln Rumah Tinggi, Hoy Fatt Rd, Lengkok Bahru, Redhill Rd, Leng Kee Rd etc to Redhill (nearest MRT). Some of these bus stops don't have connection to EWL today, while others only to Tiong Bahru MRT

- Limitation: Connection from Redhill Rd to Tiong Bahru is lost (but can easily make a transfer at Redhill MRT)

191 posts since Oct '17
    • If svc 181 isnt being extended or amended to anywhere, it should be renumbered to 244 and converted to feeder service.

I don't live at Boon Lay but that is my honest opinion.

181 > 244

181M > 244M

Edited by JKYY 28 Nov `17, 7:37AM
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

If svc 181 isnt being extended or amended to anywhere, it should be renumbered to 244 and converted to feeder service.

181 > 244

181 > 244M

Heard that when 181 was introduced, there were plans to extend it to Buona Vista. That plan eventually became 185, and 181 was left untouched.

1,213 posts since Mar '16
    276 posts since Oct '14
    • Originally posted by array88:

Services 63 and 139 slight amendments:

https://routes.one/idea/679

https://routes.one/idea/680

- Connects Jln Rumah Tinggi, Hoy Fatt Rd, Lengkok Bahru, Redhill Rd, Leng Kee Rd etc to Redhill (nearest MRT). Some of these bus stops don't have connection to EWL today, while others only to Tiong Bahru MRT

- Limitation: Connection from Redhill Rd to Tiong Bahru is lost (but can easily make a transfer at Redhill MRT)

Should have implemented this years ago, but I think this might compromise 139's fleet as DDs may possibly be unsuitable for Redhill Rd as the slope is pretty steep, so 139 may have to revert back to full fleet SDs.

For Redhill Rd, Redhill MRT is within walking distance and for Jln Rumah Tinggi and Hoy Fatt Rd, pax can get off at Redhill Close bus stop, for Leng Kee, pax can get off Blk 63B bus stop and walk to the station but 63 normally receives strong demand between Tiong Bahru MRT and Rumah Tinggi anyway. Only problem is Lengkok Bahru though...

17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Should amend 123/153/198 to ply C'wealth Ave (Queenstown MRT), Leng Kee and Hoy Fatt Rds before resuming normal route.

868 posts since Dec '03
    • Originally posted by iveco:

Should amend 123/153/198 to ply C'wealth Ave (Queenstown MRT), Leng Kee and Hoy Fatt Rds before resuming normal route.

Me too. Bus routes not keep up with the new developments in that area.

17,123 posts since Mar '04
    • Originally posted by iamgoondu:

Me too. Bus routes not keep up with the new developments in that area.

Doesn't have to be all 3 routes. Any 1 will do. Queensway has more than enough bus routes plying.

1,190 posts since Aug '07
    • 60 will be diverted, possibly will be Chai Chee St, Chai Chee Rd, New Upp Changi Rd, Bedok North Ave 3, Bedok North St 1 and Bedok North Ave 1 which is even better.

276 posts since Oct '14
    • Originally posted by iveco:

Doesn't have to be all 3 routes. Any 1 will do. Queensway has more than enough bus routes plying.

Preferably 153. Since 123's route is already windy enoug, though 153 will duplicate 186 from Whitley/Bukit Timah all the way till C'wealth Ave. At least Leng Kee Rd/Hoy Fatt Rd will have access to Queenstown MRT and connection to EWL will enhanced from Farrer Rd.

Edited by Marvel68 28 Nov `17, 12:14PM
    868 posts since Dec '03
    • I would suggest 198 instead, at leAst residents there would have bus options to BV and NUS.

1,633 posts since Aug '07

Service 178 amendment: Woodlands - Jurong East (via Bukit Batok West)

https://routes.one/idea/675

New service 149: Boon Lay - Marina Centre

https://routes.one/idea/676

149 from Whampo to Changi Airport terminal 1234 go into toa payoh and expressway and the way as 506 and goto airport like the old 506.

307 posts since Oct '10
    • Amendment to serve Bukit Panjang 

Woodlands Road
      Pending Road
      Petir Road
      Dairy Farm Road
      Upper Bukit Timah Road
      Senja Way
      Senja Road
      Bukit Panjang Ring Road
      Bukit Panjang Road (Vice Versa)

181 posts since Jun '17
    • ...Beach Stn Ter Merlion Tower express Anson Rd Marina Blvd Bayfront Ave Temasek Ave Temasek Blvd Raffles Blvd Raffles Ave Stamford Rd Orchard Rd Penang Rd Somerset Rd Orchard Turn Scotts Rd Moulmein Rd CTE...

10,526 posts since May '12
    • Originally posted by JKYY:

If svc 181 isnt being extended or amended to anywhere, it should be renumbered to 244 and converted to feeder service.

181 > 244

181M > 244M

Agree. It should be renumbered to 244 and loop around st 24 (all times). They should have new bus stops for thew newly developed Bulim Industrial estate, enroute.

• Originally posted by autumncs:

Chai Chee should have direct connection to DTL3.

I had previously proposed 44 from CBP and looping at Chai Chee. This way it can cover the entire Chai Chee estate along with Upper Changi Chai Chee stop. 

CBP >> Xilin >> Bedok North Ave 4 >> Bedok North Ave 3 >> Bedok Reservoir Rd >> Bedok North Rd >> Chai Chee St >> Chai Chee Dr >> Upper Changi Road >> Chai Chee Rd >> and back... 

* Connects CBP to Bedok Reservoir (condos)

* Connects Bedok North Ave 4 / industrial estate to BDR DTL 3

* Connects Bedok Reservoir Rd to Bedok North MRT 

* Connects Chai Chee estate to Bedok North MRT. 

2,033 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

Somehow I think 181 would be the first svc to serve Tengah in future

Service 174 would be the most ideal together with amendment to Bukit Batok West new town.

Edited by TIB987K 30 Nov `17, 11:45PM
    • Originally posted by TIB987K:

Service 174 would be the most ideal together with amendment to Bukit Batok West new town.

I would rather keep 174 as a fast link between Boon Lay and Bukit Batok. Demand is quite high between these towns, and 157/187 takes a significantly longer time, while EWL requires additional transfers. Amending 174 to Bukit Batok West and Tengah would increase the travelling time by a lot.

There are also dorms along Jurong Rd, although they might be gone when developments in Tengah take place.

1,213 posts since Mar '16
    1,190 posts since Aug '07

I would rather keep 174 as a fast link between Boon Lay and Bukit Batok. Demand is quite high between these towns, and 157/187 takes a significantly longer time, while EWL requires additional transfers. Amending 174 to Bukit Batok West and Tengah would increase the travelling time by a lot.

There are also dorms along Jurong Rd, although they might be gone when developments in Tengah take place.

Dormitories are being built at Jurong Road so as not to worry about shortage of workers when the construction takes place at Tengah. It began in last year or this year?

2,033 posts since Oct '12
    • Originally posted by SMB1368T:

Where do you suppose the dorms would be shifted to? Inside the future estate itself?

Don't be silly as workers dorms are temporary and will be shifted away. By the way, the dorm Jurong Lodge 1 off Jurong Road is closed.

Please Login or Signup to reply.